By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - dont claim killzone 2 will be superior without playing it

^ maybe you should look at theofficial killzone thred and see the 95% its got already with like 10 reviews Its obviously an awesome game since gamers who played it say so and reviewers

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
^ its not my hope. i want a good shooter for my ps3, all i was saying is that if killzone 2 doesn't live up to the hype, then all these people who are saying its the greatest game in the world are going to look stupid.. like how john kerry looked stupid when he lost.

No one is saying that its the greatest game in the world. Just an excellent FPS with excellent graphics and a fantastic multiplayer experience.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I bet the game is not gonna sell as much as it's getting hyped to, and many will overhype and be dissapointed.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

for me, i guess it doesn't really matter. i'm never going to play it because i have always boycotted sony even when i would like to buy some of their products. i just hate the company for that smug attitude they had back in the ps1 and n64 days. not to say that they're the only ones.

^ I very much doubt it because hype doesnt equate to sales and the only one who would like to make it seem that way are 360 elitists.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
bonkers555 said:

I completely agree. Why is there so much HYPE for this game anyway?

Maybe because the graphics are the best currently out this generation for consoles.  Or that everyone who has played it can only say great things about it? 

Crysis says hi.

Oh wait consoles...

richardhutnik said:
bonkers555 said:

I completely agree. Why is there so much HYPE for this game anyway?

Apparently the game's graphics and physics engine look real good, and it looks like a complete title, with real good online support and bots (yippie!).  Playstation fanboys need SOMETHING they can latch onto exclusive in the FPS area (a strength area for the XBox brand), so they hype it up like crazy.  Microsoft fanboys feel threatened by the hype, so they shoot back.  And people in the middle wonder what the heck it is alo about, and then feel a need to post asking why all the noise.

You sir, are the most logical man in here.

I actually agree with the OP of this thread and the other thread that states the opposite.

There are two causes for the hype and hate.

1. The few people that go out of their way to hype KZ2 as "THE BEST GAME EVER, THAT WILL MAKE 360/PC OWNERS SUPER JEALOUS"

2. The people that take those claims seriously then stereotype as if ALL ps3 owners made those claims.

As a PS3 fan, I've never really was all that hyped about it. I don't usually get too hyped over FPS games. But, once some people gave their impressions, I have to say that I think I will be getting this game when it releases. It looks like it will be much better than the first one.

With all the hype, there has been an equal or greater amount of anti-hype from fanboys.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Kill Zone 2 is more or less an upgraded version of Call of Duty 4. Is Kill Zone 2 good enough to differentiate itself from all the other shooters already available on the saturated shooter video game market?

Some of us have played it and I can say with no remorse that it's the best console FPS hands down. Prepare to be Killzoned!