By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - dont claim killzone 2 will be superior without playing it

I see this is a response to my thread. Because some of us actually HAVE played. We know it's good.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
numonex said:
Kill Zone 2 is more or less an upgraded version of Call of Duty 4. Is Kill Zone 2 good enough to differentiate itself from all the other shooters already available on the saturated shooter video game market?

do you take stereoids?

As far as the Upgraded COD. No, it's different. There's a weight to yourself, as COD feels more....Arcadish. Just play it, we have, and it's bloody well down. (or if you prefer medium rare.)

There are Ballistics in the game, wind patterns, damaged enviornments. Hell if that's not different enough then why don't we say COD is a beefed up version of Doom?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

bbsin said:
richardhutnik said:
bonkers555 said:

I completely agree. Why is there so much HYPE for this game anyway?

Apparently the game's graphics and physics engine look real good, and it looks like a complete title, with real good online support and bots (yippie!). Playstation fanboys need SOMETHING they can latch onto exclusive in the FPS area (a strength area for the XBox brand), so they hype it up like crazy. Microsoft fanboys feel threatened by the hype, so they shoot back. And people in the middle wonder what the heck it is alo about, and then feel a need to post asking why all the noise.

You sir, are the most logical man in here.

I actually agree with the OP of this thread and the other thread that states the opposite.

There are two causes for the hype and hate.

1. The few people that go out of their way to hype KZ2 as "THE BEST GAME EVER, THAT WILL MAKE 360/PC OWNERS SUPER JEALOUS"

2. The people that take those claims seriously then stereotype as if ALL ps3 owners made those claims.

and very few people are saying it's the best game ever.  I think people think it's overhyped because there are so many threads about it because people are genuinely excited about it. 

the thread title is "dont claim killzone 2 will be superior without playing it," but as others have said, I've played it.  Leave us alone.

There's playing it, and there's playing it.

COD WaW beta was good. But, in the full game, after the nth ambush it got a little tired.

So it's impossible to know everything until you've PLAYED it.

Around the Network

On the flip side i dont think you can tell people to stop claiming a game is "superior" with out playing it. I have played the multi player and i thought it was very good but i have to say the single player is the most important to me which i just hope lives up to half the hype. If it does that its a success to my mind

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Superior to What? And what's wrong with Killzone 2?

Superior to what??

And what's wrong with people getting excited for a game??

4 ≈ One

ph4nt said:
The thing i'm getting out of this thread of why KZ2 is worthy of hype.

"IT'S GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING"

"ALL HANDS ON PREVIEWS SAY IT'S AWESOME"

Here is a comparison for The Conduit.

Wii owners "it's graphics are amazing! (for wii of course)"

"All the previews have loved it so far"

Conclusion: The Conduit is worthy of as much hype as KZ2 =)

you are ignoring all the people whos played in the beta and has even.. written so in this very thread :\fail.

Check out my game about moles ^

I'm buying Killzone 2 for the graphics. I'm not the biggest FPS fan and I know that eventually, other games will be released on both the PS3 and the 360 that will eclipse those graphics. But for right now, I think it will be what I need it to be. I can't w