By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - dont claim killzone 2 will be superior without playing it

MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Normally I'd lock this, but...nah. What's better than someone making a stupid thread and telling others not to look stupid?

you sure do like to assert your dominance, dont you?

It's the only way to stay ahead of the herd.

lol. do you really look like your avatar?

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Normally I'd lock this, but...nah. What's better than someone making a stupid thread and telling others not to look stupid?

Take a wild guess.

op don't be a jealous fanboy, its a bottomless hole alot of you fall into.

MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Take a wild guess.

.. yes?

The thing i'm getting out of this thread of why KZ2 is worthy of hype.

"IT'S GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING"

"ALL HANDS ON PREVIEWS SAY IT'S AWESOME"

Here is a comparison for The Conduit.

Wii owners "it's graphics are amazing! (for wii of course)"

"All the previews have loved it so far"

Conclusion: The Conduit is worthy of as much hype as KZ2 =)

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Take a wild guess.

.. yes?

Yes.

The problem I have with both of these threads is that, in reality, the only people who can truly make comment about the game are those of us who have actually played the game itself.

Sadly, those of us that have (or at least those who have revealed themselves), have not judged the game on it's merits and faults, but instead bought into the hype prior to their playtime with the game (hype which dates back to 2005, before any of us got a chance to play the game). That's why we've got all these "previews" from people who've played the game, who have nothing but praise for it.

If you wanted to hype the game, people who've played the preview build, tell the people not just the highlights of the game, but also it's faults, because thus far, from all the people that have experienced the game, we can only assume that Killzone 2 will be perfect in every way.

And thus another PS3 game is likely to fail, and yet again not due to anything on the blu-ray disc itself.

bonkers555 said:

I completely agree. Why is there so much HYPE for this game anyway?

Apparently the game's graphics and physics engine look real good, and it looks like a complete title, with real good online support and bots (yippie!).  Playstation fanboys need SOMETHING they can latch onto exclusive in the FPS area (a strength area for the XBox brand), so they hype it up like crazy.  Microsoft fanboys feel threatened by the hype, so they shoot back.  And people in the middle wonder what the heck it is alo about, and then feel a need to post asking why all the noise.

This thread is a mirror of another thread which told people not to bash Killzone 2 until it was played.  Now, we have two threads on the same subject, but people felt a need to post about it back and forth.  Currently the Killzone 2 buzz is the hot topic on here, so it gets more and more focus, that generates more focus.  Once the sales numbers come out, it will likely die down, or be reduced into "I told you so" taunts, complete with little dances of someone who feels significant for saying "I told you so".

just let them have their fun. theyre trying to justify their purchase for the ps3. ps3 lost big 3rd party exclusives and support. i remember when all the sony fanzombies were calling the xbox 360 a shooter console yet they hype up resistance 2 and killzone 2.

Killzone 2 looks good