By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - dont claim killzone 2 will be superior without playing it

game only faults its not having split screen or offline co op.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
IllegalPaladin said:
bonkers555 said:

I completely agree. Why is there so much HYPE for this game anyway?

Because some of us have actually played it?

People just don't seem to be grasping this fact. It's NOT just based on trailers, reviews and word of mouth why some people are nuts for this game, just look at makingmusic's account of the beta, or IGN's preview of the final build from beginning to end - they give it nothing but praise. I cannot wait to play this title, somehow, I doubt I'll be disappointed!!

This says it all.

Tifa got MOVES!

Jo21 said:
game only faults its not having split screen or offline co op.

Yea, I dont get that at all.  A minor disappointment though, I can live with it.

Tifa got MOVES!

I think alot can be understood about a game mechanics from simply watching the Game in action , I can tell whether i'll enjoy the gameplay from watching a video of a game and more often than not it turns out exactly as I envisioned it .

But that is the purpose of gameplay videos right ? Killzone 2 looks epic and I imagine it'll play that way too.

CAL4M1TY said:
The problem I have with both of these threads is that, in reality, the only people who can truly make comment about the game are those of us who have actually played the game itself.

Sadly, those of us that have (or at least those who have revealed themselves), have not judged the game on it's merits and faults, but instead bought into the hype prior to their playtime with the game (hype which dates back to 2005, before any of us got a chance to play the game). That's why we've got all these "previews" from people who've played the game, who have nothing but praise for it.

If you wanted to hype the game, people who've played the preview build, tell the people not just the highlights of the game, but also it's faults, because thus far, from all the people that have experienced the game, we can only assume that Killzone 2 will be perfect in every way.

And thus another PS3 game is likely to fail, and yet again not due to anything on the blu-ray disc itself.

Eh, I ran into a little lag when I played the multiplayer .......

And I think the multiplayer is pretty much perfect, it plays like Call of Duty 4 which is the best online FPS in my opinion.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

After the BETA and some reviews and previews.....Killzone 2 is almost impossible to fail

angrypoolman said:

just dont. its a trap a lot of gamers fall into. and then they end up looking stupid. like john kerry in 2004. its just not worth it to look that stupid.

I don't really get your analogy. What does Killzone 2 have to do with John Kerry?

I actually didn't have much faith in the game till our trusted ps3 informant Makingmusic476 gave his impression of the game. Thats from a guy who actually played it. All I care about with FPS games is multiplayer so the singleplayer could suck and I don't give a damn.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

damkira said:
angrypoolman said:

just dont. its a trap a lot of gamers fall into. and then they end up looking stupid. like john kerry in 2004. its just not worth it to look that stupid.

I don't really get your analogy. What does Killzone 2 have to do with John Kerry?

the analogy is that john kerry looked stupid in 2004 by losing miserably to bush.

^ its not my hope. i want a good shooter for my ps3, all i was saying is that if killzone 2 doesn't live up to the hype, then all these people who are saying its the greatest game in the world are going to look stupid.. like how john kerry looked stupid when he lost.