By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - i have a bet for you all...

This could be a really close call. Few games will outsell MKWii, but none at all? Well thought of bet in any case, but i don't dare to make a wager either way.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

ok, i guess i need to be a little more descriptive.

this is worldwide sales i'm talking about.

combined sales for 360/ps3 version count IF both version were released in 2009

i guess i should update my first post again :8

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

@ vonboy, so you are saying that MK Wii will outsell Call of Duty 6 (for example) across all platforms?

Munkeh111 said:
@ vonboy, so you are saying that MK Wii will outsell Call of Duty 6 (for example) across all platforms?

I don't see why not. If Mario Kart Wii were to sell an average of 200k a week (less in the slump periods, more in the holidays) than it would still sell about 10 million, easily enough to beat Call of Duty 6's holiday sales. Call of Duty 4 took a long time to rack up the sales total it has now.

il take that bet one weeks ban. and the loser has to get his avatar and sig picked by the winner

Around the Network

@ montana, WaW has 7.1m sales already, without the competition from Gears and Resistance (less so), larger install bases and a better game, I think it can get to 9m, and I hope MK Wii does not sell that much, and that would be a ridiculous attach ratio, though still perfectly possible

Munkeh111 said:
@ montana, WaW has 7.1m sales already, without the competition from Gears and Resistance (less so), larger install bases and a better game, I think it can get to 9m, and I hope MK Wii does not sell that much, and that would be a ridiculous attach ratio, though still perfectly possible

By the last week of '08, the sales were only 6.4 million combined for WaW. We still don't know the entire lineup for the end of the year anyways. It's pretty unlikely unless the European launches were to become larger and more frontloaded. 9 million is definitely possible, but not in 2 months. Hell, after 2 months, the two versions of GTA4 did 9.5 million worldwide. Mario Kart Wii may not sell that much, but it will definitely sell a large amount. 25 million wouldn't be ridiculous sales if the Wii were to sell, say...20 million this year and end up at about 65 million.

MontanaHatchet said:
Munkeh111 said:

By the last week of '08, the sales were only 6.4 million combined for WaW. We still don't know the entire lineup for the end of the year anyways. It's pretty unlikely unless the European launches were to become larger and more frontloaded. 9 million is definitely possible, but not in 2 months. Hell, after 2 months, the two versions of GTA4 did 9.5 million worldwide. Mario Kart Wii may not sell that much, but it will definitely sell a large amount. 25 million wouldn't be ridiculous sales if the Wii were to sell, say...20 million this year and end up at about 65 million.

If it had 25m sales, and the install base was 60-70m that is still one of the highest attach ratios ever, and is this game really that good?

I don't see 9m, but 8m is a possibility

That's pretty bold bet. There isn't many games on the HD consoles that has a real shot, but then again, it depends a lot on the legs MKWii has. Basically MKWii should be able to sell to half of the new Wii owners each week for you to win the bet.

@D21: There's Wii Play and 2009 games has Wii Sports Resort, that are likely to outsell MKWii on Wii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

@Munkeh: Yeah, the game is that good. But what's more important is, that it really caters everyone.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.