By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AllAll said:
Legend11 said:
Blame Sony not EA.

Um xbot, why not blame ea for their mediococy ?

Since PS3 started outselling 360 you really have gone all out to be a xbot fool. 

And we'll blame 2K as well since they're having the same problems with their sports games?  We'll blame Epic for not having the Unreal Engine 3 at a level of performance similar to the 360's?  Hey, lets just blame all third parties for the problem rather than where it squarely belongs, with Sony.  It was Sony who chose to go with the Cell dispite the fact that they must have known that a lot of third parties would have to invest extra time and money working on it and that's the reason for all of this.

P.S. I'll ignore the xbot insult since I know tensions are kind of high these days and people sometimes don't want to hear the truth.

Around the Network

Re: Windbanes list

Wii Version is an 82% average till Gamepro comes in. So, yes, slightly worse. Most likely from graphics.

Gamepro's article: "It's worse in every way" with no examples, and props for motion control.

So, seems nice, but elaborate? If you didn't give props for the good motion control, would it be a 1/5? Jesus buddy, put some type into that!

Still disliking reviewers.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Here are the comments from ign

Madden NFL 08 on PS3 is not a great game. It is a shadow of its cousin on 360. Though the feature set is identical, the drop to an unstable 30fps hurts considerably. The visuals and the gameplay suffer. If you are a real Madden nut and think you can fight through the framerate issues, Madden is an overall good game. It just doesn't run very well. If you only own a PS3 and live for Sundays, then there really is no other choice than to give Madden 08 a shot.
7.7/10

It comes down to this; Madden 08 offers more, but sacrifices polish along the way. Overall it’s a better package than 07, as it has more to do, far more depth, vastly superior multiplayer both online and locally, and a new way to play in family mode. For core football fans, however, you’ll find a stronger game of pure football in Madden 08 for 360, as it’s one of the best Maddens in years. The Wii version is still a great game, it just suffers from a few key “last generation” downsides, and that’s something that simply can’t be tolerated. It’s still worth your cash, still a damn solid game of football, but there’s definite room for growth in 09.
8.5/10

360 version got a 8.7

Please keep in mind this is from different reviewers!!
The thing about the PS3 version is it is best at nothing. The Wii version differentiates itself through motion controls and wii exclusive modes while the PS3 version, like IGN says is "just a shadow of its cousin on the 360."

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yes it takes extra time and money to develop games for the PS3. And that is why they raised the prices for PS3 games vs PS2 games. We are paying for the extra time and effort it takes, now if they would actually put in the extra time and effort to make a next gen game.

and sinha I cant really reconcile my 2 statements, I dont know what to think. I tried looking at IGN for the 2 reviews of Xbox and PS3. I seen 2 different scores, a whole point lower for PS3, but when I went to read the article it was the exact same article.

It doesnt matter if its on all the versions or just PS3, either way they sold me a $60 game that plays like they just left out the quality testing phase and rushed it out the door. which is unacceptable. if they cant make a game for the PS3 then dont make a game for the PS3, but instead they choose to just rip off PS3 owners and sell them a broken game.

dgm6780 said:
Yes it takes extra time and money to develop games for the PS3. And that is why they raised the prices for PS3 games vs PS2 games. We are paying for the extra time and effort it takes, now if they would actually put in the extra time and effort to make a next gen game.

and sinha I cant really reconcile my 2 statements, I dont know what to think. I tried looking at IGN for the 2 reviews of Xbox and PS3. I seen 2 different scores, a whole point lower for PS3, but when I went to read the article it was the exact same article.

It doesnt matter if its on all the versions or just PS3, either way they sold me a $60 game that plays like they just left out the quality testing phase and rushed it out the door. which is unacceptable. if they cant make a game for the PS3 then dont make a game for the PS3, but instead they choose to just rip off PS3 owners and sell them a broken game.

the thing is it's harder than XB 360 and we are also paying 60 for that game.... so that's why....

then again nobody asked you to buy a PS3 or an EA game... I personally never buy EA since the 2nd NFS on PC.... I have some EA games but pre owned.... 

it's not news that EA sucks and it's not news that EA sucks even more on PS3... and it's not news that a lot of third party dev have lower quality games on PS3 than 360 because it cost them more money to do the same or better on PS3 than 360..... I mean we knew that before PS3 was released... all/most  DEVS said it at E3 and TGS 2006.... I mean all that stuff is at least 1 year old... and people are still surprised....

I mean I'll trust a shitty dev from the shittiest dev studio of EA or activision over any marketing statement from anybody from sony....  what amaze me it's in 50 years of Sony's existance they still didn't get it....  

Around the Network

hum that valid actually for MS and Ninty too....or any marketing statement from anyone

endimion said:

it's not news that EA sucks and it's not news that EA sucks even more on PS3... and it's not news that a lot of third party dev have lower quality games on PS3 than 360 because it cost them more money to do the same or better on PS3 than 360..... I mean we knew that before PS3 was released... all/most  DEVS said it at E3 and TGS 2006.... I mean all that stuff is at least 1 year old... and people are still surprised....

Ok so the fact thats it harder to develop a game for the PS3 isnt new news. But that means they have to work harder not just be lazy and put out crap games.  The list at the top of this thread should embarass anyone who worked on this game. 

Even EA has to have some sort of quality standards, they just forgot to add the wind generator for franchise games???????  or it cost to much money to write that piece of code????  or are they just lazy bums???

and yes Endimion a Xbox game cost $60 too, but they are actually getting thier money's worth.  Playstation owners are better off buying the PS2 version cause you dont get your money's worth with the PS3 version.

and no one has commented on if they think they will release a gameplay patch to address any of these issues...

konnichiwa said:
sinha said:
konnichiwa said:

The problems are also on the X360 issue.

For this version? I don't think so. There are some problems, but it's not only a working game but a decent game. Even a good game, if judged just against other recent Madden games.

What problems have you heard about other than interceptions and fumbles being too common?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXOZIRF9Gw

Can you please take of your fanboys glasses?

Thank you :).

Well I have played around 20 games so far and never had either of those problems (QB just standing there or a player running through the stands). I have had problems with too many interceptions and fumbles, and I have stated those criticisms multiple times just in this thread. How does that make me a fanboy?? Because I haven't experienced those glitches? Because I didn't see some random blurry youtube video?

And every game has glitches. For example in the BioShock demo there is a glitch that allows you to walk outside in the water. OMG the game is crap, youtube video proves all the reviewers giving it 10/10 are fanboys! Or maybe it's that almost no one in the normal course of playing the game has experienced that problem. As far as the two screw-ups in that video, I DON'T know how common they are, but I can state that in around 20 games so far, I have never experienced either one.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

the thing PS3 fans need to understand is just because your console is more powerful doesn't mean 3rd parties will optimize it. I know this has been said so many times but you can't expect them to spend so much time on the PS3 version that will probably sell 1/4 - 1/5 as many copies as the 360 version and PS2 versions. They spent the most time on the PS2, 360, and a bit less so on the Wii version because that's what they thought would sell. Gamecube and xbox owners were well aware of how 3rd parties treated them, and right now PS3 is the system selling like gamecube, while the Wii is the system selling like PS2.

if you think about it though, isn't it kind of rediculous how EA tries to make 9 versions of madden? Seriously that is rediculous.
PC/PS2/PS3/PSP/xbox/360/GC/Wii/DS

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

sinha said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:
I'm wondering if there's any major (negative) commentary from the 360/Wii/PS2 versions of the game.

Otherwise, it just sounds like EA is picking sides in this generation (which in all fairness is completely their call -- the PS3 is expensive as hell to develop for, and holds less than a sixth of the market right now)

Well, I heard the Wii version is quite good, but that the online part is close to impossible to play. People have complained about lag and unresponsive controls when passing and kicking (controller movements not working like 50% of the time). But again that's just for online, and most Wii people may not care as much about online. Also I think there's a rumor EA is going to fix the issues. And the rest of the game is supposedly quite good, whereas the PS3 version sounds truly broken.

Broken? Wow. The Wii version is basically for kids and non-hardcore football fans from what I've read. But hey, don't take my word for it...

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Madden NFL 08 PC EA Sports 1 1.0 92.0%
2. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 14 7.6 87.5%
3. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 9 5.0 84.9%
4. Madden NFL 08 PS2 EA Sports 1 1.0 79.0%
5. Madden NFL 08 DS EA Sports 2 1.0 77.0%
6. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 4 5.0 74.8%
7. Madden NFL 08 PSP EA Sports 3 1.0 74.3%

You know, I have not played it and I know nothing about the PS3 version aside from the criticisms on various forums like this one. When I say the PS3 version "sounds broken", I'm taking the above complaints by dgm6780 at face value, as no one has disputed any of the specifics in this thread so far.

If it's getting an 85% score then maybe dgm6780 and others are just whiners and the game is fine?

Pretty much.