Score
1. Madden NFL 08 PC EA Sports 1 1.092.0%
2. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 14 7.687.5%
3. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 9 5.084.9%
4. Madden NFL 08 PS2 EA Sports 1 1.079.0%
5. Madden NFL 08 DS EA Sports 2 1.077.0%
6. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 4 5.074.8%
7. Madden NFL 08 PSP EA Sports 3 1.074.3%

You know, I have not played it and I know nothing about the PS3 version aside from the criticisms on various forums like this one. When I say the PS3 version "sounds broken", I'm taking the above complaints by dgm6780 at face value, as no one has disputed any of the specifics in this thread so far.

If it's getting an 85% score then maybe dgm6780 and others are just whiners and the game is fine?

Pretty much.

How clueless some are..

The PS3 version is busted compared to other versions. No other way around it.

Look at the percentages you quoted. 84.9% is broken?

Talk about clueless...

Maybe he's saying that, percentages or no, the game IS broken. It wouldn't be the first time in history that a game got given a very wrong score.

Well what the hell is broken and why do all credible sources agree?  The animations aren't quite as good.  Oh no.

Around the Network

I think it's both EA and Sony's fault. It's like Nintendo with the Wii. It's obviously Ubisoft's fault for the crappy ports (Far Cry) alas a bit Nintendo's fault for not supporting certain today-default-technologies (Shaders-DirectX, AntiAliasing,etc) which would make making games for the console much easier.

windbane did you even read my original post? i am not talking about animations or graphics at all. its the incomplete AI that ticks me off.

and it has been confirmed, they forgot to put in wind for the franchise games.

My version of madden runs wonderfully at 60fps. No skipping whatsoever. It's the first madden i'm actually enjoying since 03. Fancy that!