By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
rockstarjerry981 said:
windbane said:

Omg...

This thread is about EA. You are trying to make it sound like it is Sony's fault for EA's code. It's not.

Not even making a NCAA Football 2008 for the Wii is proof that EA is being lazy or just does not have the resources it needs.

How can you not release one of the best selling sports titles on the Wii?

Are you guys serious?

I guess the Wii is just too good for real sports games. Give me a break. If a game is marginally worse on the PS3 we'll bash Sony thread after thread but if EA DOESN'T EVEN MAKE A GAME for the Wii (that I'm pretty sure they've made on every system for over 5 years) we'll just say...nothing?

Dude Wii gets NCAA next year so stop flipping out.

Madden next year will be 60fps on the PS3.  That's not the point.

I guess no one on this site is a fan of NCAA.  I have a lot of friends that buy it most years, and I would be very upset if I only had a Wii this entire year.  

I guess only Madden matters, though.  Geez.  Why doesn't EA just skip every sports game on the Wii, because people apparently don't care.  Just play Wii Sports for a few years, I guess. 

Around the Network

Are you just trying to start a flamewar? So no one is up in arms about NCAA not being on the Wii, big deal. Move on.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

WiteoutKing said:
Are you just trying to start a flamewar? So no one is up in arms about NCAA not being on the Wii, big deal. Move on.

It actually is a big deal.  Any other million seller and people are going crazy about it. 

robjoh said:
windbane said:
Legend11 said:
windbane said:
Legend11 said:
AllAll said:
Legend11 said:
Blame Sony not EA.

Omg...

This thread is about EA. You are trying to make it sound like it is Sony's fault for EA's code. It's not.

Not even making a NCAA Football 2008 for the Wii is proof that EA is being lazy or just does not have the resources it needs.

How can you not release one of the best selling sports titles on the Wii?

Are you guys serious?

I guess the Wii is just too good for real sports games. Give me a break. If a game is marginally worse on the PS3 we'll bash Sony thread after thread but if EA DOESN'T EVEN MAKE A GAME for the Wii (that I'm pretty sure they've made on every system for over 5 years) we'll just say...nothing?

May I ask why you think that if Nintendo doesn't get a 3rd party game is proof that it isn't Sony:s fault? I personally blame N64 time for Nintendos lack of 3rd party support. Bringing this up is according to me just that someone wants to change the topic.
Sony is responsible for EA:s cod, BUT sony needs to show EA that it is necessary to code a better game. So far Sony is far from a position to get the support that the PS2 got. The cell is hard to programm for, white a userbase that mayby will sell around 500k against one that will sell 2 millions, why would you care to spend more?
I would say that Sony is responsible that they aren't delivering good devs tool. The many delays for PS3 games, the problem with the UT3 engine and so on clearly indicates that Sony got the dev tools out way to late.
EDIT:
By the way I do belive that EA is crap, but if you agree don't buy the game. Go and support some minior player instead!

There is no way you can logically twist crappy third party games into being Sony's fault. "But teh Cell is haurd 4 2 delvelp gaemz!" No. There is no hardware that makes EA forget to make sure Randy Moss doesn't dance through walls.

Yes, the N64's hardware caused third parties to desert it. That is because N64 could not do much in the way of cinematics because of lack of storage except at great cost in extra storage space on the cartridge. The PS3 has no such handicap; in fact it has more storage, a fact that Sony claims will be a large advantage over the other systems in years to come.

The PS3's supposedly hard-to-develop-for hardware is exactly one thing: unusual architecture of the processor. Madden '08 is apparently a train wreck on PS3. The Cell didn't do that; perhaps, as I heard someone hypothesize, EA just figured that the Cell's PPC was similar to one of the cores in the Xenon and just dumped all the work onto the PPC while ignoring the SPEs.

In any case, Sony shouldn't have to watch third parties like a hawk to make sure they aren't putting digital diarrhea into their games.

And I agree that EA seems to be taking shovelware to an entirely new level. Isn't it enough that you come out with a new version of the same damn game every single year? Can't you even be bothered with the "new version" part anymore?

[edit: PS @ windbane:  as the biggest third party publisher, they have the resources.  They just are greedy or lazy.  Most probably both.] 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

rockstarjerry981 said:
EA has absolutely no incentive to make Madden for PS3 the best ever. It has the smallest install base by about 6 million, and its harder to program for.

Tell me why they should put any effort beyond 'meh' if they aren't going to get any sales beyond 'meh'.

They are obviously sticking it to sony by advertising Madden and Xbox 360 together.

they should put more effort into it then "meh" because they are still charging full next gen prices.  i wouldn't be complaining if they put sold thier "meh" product for the "meh" price of $40.  its not even a completed game, they didnt even try quality testing it.  

I still havent heard anyone speculate if they think a patch will be forthcoming?  in the past madden hasnt had

gameplay patches and just roster updates. but usually the game isnt this broken 

and their incentive is maintaining/improving their reputation and not putting out crap products.  i have swore off EA as a result of this years

Madden. 

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
rockstarjerry981 said:
EA has absolutely no incentive to make Madden for PS3 the best ever. It has the smallest install base by about 6 million, and its harder to program for.

Tell me why they should put any effort beyond 'meh' if they aren't going to get any sales beyond 'meh'.

They are obviously sticking it to sony by advertising Madden and Xbox 360 together.

they should put more effort into it then "meh" because they are still charging full next gen prices.  i wouldn't be complaining if they put sold thier "meh" product for the "meh" price of $40.  its not even a completed game, they didnt even try quality testing it.  

I still havent heard anyone speculate if they think a patch will be forthcoming?  in the past madden hasnt had

gameplay patches and just roster updates. but usually the game isnt this broken 

and their incentive is maintaining/improving their reputation and not putting out crap products.  i have swore off EA as a result of this years

Madden. 

I totally agree. If they don't put in full effort, don't charge full price.

Whoa whoa Legend11.. wait a second... how the hell can you say this is sony's fault for Madden sucking massive **** for PS3?

Check it,  its like when XYZ releases a shitty game for nintendo and its nintendo's fault. Hell no.

Ea has fallen off big time. They should have released the game at $39.99 If they're making a half ass version of their beloved franchise.

Do you ever see any big time companies do stuff like this? Release half ass broken games?? Hell no!

First it was their NBA franchise flopping and getting absolutely destroyed by 2K Sports.

And now this?

Well final word is more customers for 360... even more less now for PS3.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

windbane said:
sinha said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:
I'm wondering if there's any major (negative) commentary from the 360/Wii/PS2 versions of the game.

Otherwise, it just sounds like EA is picking sides in this generation (which in all fairness is completely their call -- the PS3 is expensive as hell to develop for, and holds less than a sixth of the market right now)

Well, I heard the Wii version is quite good, but that the online part is close to impossible to play. People have complained about lag and unresponsive controls when passing and kicking (controller movements not working like 50% of the time). But again that's just for online, and most Wii people may not care as much about online. Also I think there's a rumor EA is going to fix the issues. And the rest of the game is supposedly quite good, whereas the PS3 version sounds truly broken.

Broken? Wow. The Wii version is basically for kids and non-hardcore football fans from what I've read. But hey, don't take my word for it...

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Madden NFL 08 PC EA Sports 1 1.092.0%
2. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 14 7.687.5%
3. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 9 5.084.9%
4. Madden NFL 08 PS2 EA Sports 1 1.079.0%
5. Madden NFL 08 DS EA Sports 2 1.077.0%
6. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 4 5.074.8%
7. Madden NFL 08 PSP EA Sports 3 1.074.3%

You know, I have not played it and I know nothing about the PS3 version aside from the criticisms on various forums like this one. When I say the PS3 version "sounds broken", I'm taking the above complaints by dgm6780 at face value, as no one has disputed any of the specifics in this thread so far.

If it's getting an 85% score then maybe dgm6780 and others are just whiners and the game is fine?

Pretty much. 

How clueless some are..

The PS3 version is busted compared to other versions. No other way around it.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:
I'm wondering if there's any major (negative) commentary from the 360/Wii/PS2 versions of the game.

Otherwise, it just sounds like EA is picking sides in this generation (which in all fairness is completely their call -- the PS3 is expensive as hell to develop for, and holds less than a sixth of the market right now)

Well, I heard the Wii version is quite good, but that the online part is close to impossible to play. People have complained about lag and unresponsive controls when passing and kicking (controller movements not working like 50% of the time). But again that's just for online, and most Wii people may not care as much about online. Also I think there's a rumor EA is going to fix the issues. And the rest of the game is supposedly quite good, whereas the PS3 version sounds truly broken.

Broken? Wow. The Wii version is basically for kids and non-hardcore football fans from what I've read. But hey, don't take my word for it...

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score

You know, I have not played it and I know nothing about the PS3 version aside from the criticisms on various forums like this one. When I say the PS3 version "sounds broken", I'm taking the above complaints by dgm6780 at face value, as no one has disputed any of the specifics in this thread so far.

If it's getting an 85% score then maybe dgm6780 and others are just whiners and the game is fine?

Pretty much.

How clueless some are..

Look at the percentages you quoted.  84.9% is broken?

Talk about clueless... 

windbane said:
weezy said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
windbane said:
sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score

Pretty much.

How clueless some are..

Look at the percentages you quoted. 84.9% is broken?

Talk about clueless...

Maybe he's saying that, percentages or no, the game IS broken.  It wouldn't be the first time in history that a game got given a very wrong score. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!