By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dgm6780 said:
I was kinda suspecting these issues would be on more then one platform. They have nothing to do specifically with the PS3, just general laziness by EA.

How do you reconcile that statement with your original comment:

"I got a horrible feeling most all these problems are PS3 only and EA just explains it away with "we are new to programming for the PS3"  well how about this, until you actually produce a game thats next gen quality drop your price back down to $50."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
sinha said:
Wow, that is pretty bad.

As for the 360, it was absolute garbage last year, so I'm actually VERY happy this year, it's like a 100x improvement.

But there are still some issues: interceptions are WAY too common. I'll give an example from the very last game I played: I was the Colts (very good team for those who don't know) against the Raiders (terrible), and I was up 31-0, and then the computer just started to intercept every other pass like the Raiders were a team of superheroes. It was ridiculous, I barely hung on for like a 10 point victory.

Fumbles are also somewhat too frequent, although not as bad as interceptions.

All I can say is given the difference in quality between 07 and 08 for the 360, maybe EA will make a really good version for the PS3 next year.

arf gayton manning sucks that's why :P

go DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS... I played 2007 and 2008 I never had more than 2 interceptions and like 5 fumble at most a game.... and I play the Bears or the panthers usually..... more the Bears though 

and to the poster.... I have nothing to repport on 2008 on 360... at least nothing unexpected.... and nothing as bad as you describe on the PS3 version 

sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:
I'm wondering if there's any major (negative) commentary from the 360/Wii/PS2 versions of the game.

Otherwise, it just sounds like EA is picking sides in this generation (which in all fairness is completely their call -- the PS3 is expensive as hell to develop for, and holds less than a sixth of the market right now)

Well, I heard the Wii version is quite good, but that the online part is close to impossible to play. People have complained about lag and unresponsive controls when passing and kicking (controller movements not working like 50% of the time). But again that's just for online, and most Wii people may not care as much about online. Also I think there's a rumor EA is going to fix the issues. And the rest of the game is supposedly quite good, whereas the PS3 version sounds truly broken.

Broken?  Wow.  The Wii version is basically for kids and non-hardcore football fans from what I've read.  But hey, don't take my word for it...

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Madden NFL 08 PC EA Sports 1 1.0 92.0%
2. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 14 7.6 87.5%
3. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 9 5.0 84.9%
4. Madden NFL 08 PS2 EA Sports 1 1.0 79.0%
5. Madden NFL 08 DS EA Sports 2 1.0 77.0%
6. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 4 5.0 74.8%
7. Madden NFL 08 PSP EA Sports 3 1.0 74.3%

And still everyone ignores that EA didn't even make a Wii version of NCAA Football that sold more than 1 million every year on the PS2 alone, and with combined sales sold more than Strikers and most other sports games every year.

It's not Sony's problem, it's EA's. 

mitsuhide said:

Well we dont buy crap ports or unfinished games if they raise the standards of their multiplatform games and ports and finish the unfinished(Madden) games then we will buy them but if they give us crap we will buy accordinglly if they give us good we will buy accordingly.

If you don't buy their games they have no reason WHATSOEVER to put any more iterations on that platform and you just went from bad support to none at all.

Around the Network
windbane said:
sinha said:
WiteoutKing said:
I'm wondering if there's any major (negative) commentary from the 360/Wii/PS2 versions of the game.

Otherwise, it just sounds like EA is picking sides in this generation (which in all fairness is completely their call -- the PS3 is expensive as hell to develop for, and holds less than a sixth of the market right now)

Well, I heard the Wii version is quite good, but that the online part is close to impossible to play. People have complained about lag and unresponsive controls when passing and kicking (controller movements not working like 50% of the time). But again that's just for online, and most Wii people may not care as much about online. Also I think there's a rumor EA is going to fix the issues. And the rest of the game is supposedly quite good, whereas the PS3 version sounds truly broken.

Broken? Wow. The Wii version is basically for kids and non-hardcore football fans from what I've read. But hey, don't take my word for it...

Title
Plat
Company
Reviews
Avg.
Vote
Avg
Score
1. Madden NFL 08 PC EA Sports 1 1.0 92.0%
2. Madden NFL 08 X360 EA Sports 14 7.6 87.5%
3. Madden NFL 08 PS3 EA Sports 9 5.0 84.9%
4. Madden NFL 08 PS2 EA Sports 1 1.0 79.0%
5. Madden NFL 08 DS EA Sports 2 1.0 77.0%
6. Madden NFL 08 WII EA Sports 4 5.0 74.8%
7. Madden NFL 08 PSP EA Sports 3 1.0 74.3%

You know, I have not played it and I know nothing about the PS3 version aside from the criticisms on various forums like this one. When I say the PS3 version "sounds broken", I'm taking the above complaints by dgm6780 at face value, as no one has disputed any of the specifics in this thread so far.

If it's getting an 85% score then maybe dgm6780 and others are just whiners and the game is fine?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Blame Sony not EA.

Legend11 said:
Blame Sony not EA.

Um xbot, why not blame ea for their mediococy ?

Since PS3 started outselling 360 you really have gone all out to be a xbot fool. 

sinha said:
konnichiwa said:

The problems are also on the X360 issue.

For this version?  I don't think so.  There are some problems, but it's not only a working game but a decent game.  Even a good game, if judged just against other recent Madden games.

What problems have you heard about other than interceptions and fumbles being too common? 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXOZIRF9Gw

Can you please take of your fanboys glasses?

Thank you :).

hum I haven't play the 2008 long enough but I have never seen a bug like the first one in the 2006 and 2007 yet.... but hey I don't play with the steelers against the packers so who knows lol.... and the guy running in the stands never happened to me on previous version either.....

it wasn't fanboyism from me I was just stating that the version XB version had less bugs than what he said he has on the PS3 one... but yeah EA sucks it's no news for anybody.... but apparently it sucks even more on PS3 now than it does on other consoles....

@AHAH

he is right though... why EA should change anything if it's the way they are making the most profit... .... they are not here to make quality they are here to make money that's it..... and in that case the poorr quality on PS is sony's fault.... because most dev choose to do it that way because they make more profit that way....