By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Profit Numbers: Nintendo, Sony (Game Segment) and Microsoft (EDD Segment)

*reads nintendo row*

I... I'm... speechless...

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I'd like to see a chart that also includes the net profit/loss of the parent company...

I dont think McDonalds gives a shit if it loses money on fries as long as it makes money elsewhere...

I'm pretty sure that if fries would lose a billion dollars every year, and McDonalds would close the latest fiscal year with $ 1 billion loss, they would have a very, very, very good reason to discontinue fries, unless they can hope that it will return the investments. 

( Sony posted such a result a few months ago, I think it was about fiscal 2009?)

Edit: I found it: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-reports-USD1-billion-loss

Wow, the information you give seems pretty good to me, considering how you know the sales of the 1990's

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Does this mean that Nintendo has near $29 billion worth of cash reserves?

dampowell said:
Does this mean that Nintendo has near $29 billion worth of cash reserves?

nintendo does have  a huge cash reserve  but no it doesn't mean that at all

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Isn't R&D and cost of buying stakes in companies factored into their earnings report? Where would the rest of that money go apart from to pay dividends.

Nice charts. Could be easier to read if you put headers for whom which column is for. I mean, I should have to deduce that the first column is Sony's based on process of elimination.

This thread is old as shit?

dampowell said:
Isn't R&D and cost of buying stakes in companies factored into their earnings report? Where would the rest of that money go apart from to pay dividends.

well as you said, a lot of that money is being paid out in dividends. Nintendo also invests a fair amount into property which i'm not sure is included in this table

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

haha, look at the totals. Sega finally beat Sony!