By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does Ne One have the feeling...

oli2 did you watch E3 more specificly Sony's part of E3?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

@ Hus

man I'm sorry but you get WAY to defensive the second anyone says anything even remotely bad about Sony. Most people on here say stuff like "PS3 is dead! X360 FTW!!" just to get a rise out of console loyalists and your playing right into their hands. It's fine to have a console of choice but I don't think going through forums and defending every little thing that comes out against Sony is really having the effect you want it too, in fact in my opinion is just makes the current situation of the PS3 (which isn't in a bad place at all) look worse when people need to go around defending it every chance they get.

@Soriku:
Could that store have any more X360 advertisements and X360 stuff.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

scorptile said:

the gamecube did have a FF game. and THAT ff game outsold each of the FF games on the ps2. GTA has a really bad rep now and if u didnt notice the software sales started to tank after vice city. as for those so called "big" three u have those companies already saying they are moving their efforts over to the wii/360 after those "big" three games come out. so after the "big" three hit the psp how did it do? thank come again, like he said the ps3 is the GCN this gen its not exciting and eye catching as the wii and i still say if it was priced with the 360 it would still be selling right along side the 360 like the GCN did. well until halo hit.

Yeah I hate to burst your bubble but FF on the Gamecube sold a lot less than the FF games on PS2.  In fact FF 10 sold ~7.95 million and FF Crystal Chronicles sold ~1.36 million...

source: http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=final+fantasy&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

Also sales for GTA didn't tank after Vice City, in fact San Andreas is the best selling GTA game to date with ~14.88 million sold...

source: http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=grand+theft+auto&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

I was sure these 2 points of scorptile were untrue ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

A few follow up points.

1. Sony has lost a lot of that name brand power, and loyalty they enjoyed in the past. There have been a lot of bad calls, and bad press for Sony over the last few years. I could detail the disasters, but I trust most posters can look them up on their own. However a lot of consumers have been hurt, and insulted by Sony over the last few years. Even my state sued Sony over the rootkit fiasco.

Even if you ignore these factors you cannot ignore the fact that when it comes to game consoles name brand is a lot less powerful then you believe. You can go ask Nintendo they established a good name brand with consumers. However the last two consoles have been less then stellar. The first console suffered from proprietary format issues. The second seemingly suffered from library issues. I highly recommend you research these. Both could be argued are flaws within the PS3 as well. Were I to compare any console to the PS3 it would have to be the N64 console they have a lot in common.

2. Congratulations you found a fatal flaw in Bioshock it can also be played on high end PCs. I suppose we can ignore the fact that the hardware is very expensive, and that it might just be cheaper to buy the console rather then upgrade a PC. Take a look at how much high end gaming machines cost.

Time for a reality check anyone running a high end PC is pretty dedicated to PC gaming it is a expensive venture. So yes finding converts would be hard. However if you are looking to play this game, and you have to replace many components to do so you just might buy the console. The costs really pile up.

I thought all games played better on the PC. Being a keyboard pro myself. How could they not with a analog mouse and over fifty buttons. Consoles are about convenience, and ease of use. So people tolerate a degree of inadequacy.

3. All the Halo fans own a 360. Hardly logical they did not need to buy the console till the game comes out, and the prices went down. Let me riddle you this how well will Mario Galaxy do in the market. After all have all the Wii owners played Mario Sunshine, or Mario 64? Good franchises always bring in new consumers. The only question is how many. Perhaps thirty percent of those people who buy Mario Galaxy will have played Mario Sunshine. Perhaps only ten percent will have Played Mario 64. Will Brawl outsell Melee.

4. I watched the Sony press conference. I watched all the press conferences. I hope you took the time as well. I am not seeing this fantastic press you saw. Most of the coverage went to Microsoft followed by Nintendo. That is the point of a press event. Now if you were psyched about your chosen console. There was no way you would be receptive to the other consoles, and further more you would probably see everything in a more favorable light. Hope can move mountains. Consumers crave self validation. You wanted Sony to do well, and you felt a need for it to do well. So for you it did well.

5. You know hardware issues are nothing new to any console. Granted few consoles are terribly robust. I remember some of the issues the PS2 had. I remember having to jam carts into my first Nintendo system. Perhaps a year from now the PS3 will display a technological fault of its own. Perhaps the system is prone to the phenomena of whiskers. Those have taken out multi billion dollar satellites. I really did not see a major drop in sales, and Microsoft extended the warranty. No less inconvenient then the PS3 backward compatibility issues from earlier this year. Some bad press, and the manufacturer did something to rectify the problem.

6. I seriously hope your idea is not to hype next years lineup. That is a bad strategy. The gamer is not going to buy a console that will collect dust for six months till the game they want comes out. Gamers want to play the machine out of the box. This potential is great, and please speculate argument has not worked yet. Had it worked PS3 sales would have done much better. Gamers are more of a instant gratification audience. They want it now, and probably will not buy until it is available. You have no argument for a early purchase. They can afford to wait, and more with the recent price drop it seems like a smart move. Even the Sony fans believe another price drop is coming early next year.

lvader said:

WiiFit will sell millions if marketed well.

Hold on a second... You think that wii fit will sell millions?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

**catches breath**

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It will be a HUGE flop and honestly I don't understand why someone would want to exercise in front of a TV when they can go outside and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.  Plus, Nintendo may not like it once gamers start having heart attacks playing that game.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

off topic.. my XBOT friend goes to me yesteday im seriously thinkin bout a ps3... maybe sony its converting some back?

I think that's more about people losing confidence in Microsoft than people wanting the PS3. I have a friend with a 360 as well (his third replacement, now) and he's considering buying a PS3 so he has something to play when his 360 is off getting repaired. The problem is that there are no games on the PS3 that he's yet interested in so he'll likely wait a while.

It will be a HUGE flop and honestly I don't understand why someone would want to exercise in front of a TV when they can go outside and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors.  Plus, Nintendo may not like it once gamers start having heart attacks playing that game.

You can't always go outside to exercise.  It could be way too hot.  It could be way too cold.  It could be late and you just want to exercise indoors.  Perhaps you want to do something more entertaining than just run or just bike.  Some people do not enjoy either.

It's a foregone conclusion that Wii Fit will sell millions.  There is absolutely a huge market for Wii fit as hospitals, military rehabilitation, police training, etc are already using the Wii for fitness and physical therapy even though there are not yet any games intended for that purpose.

Hus said:
bdbdbd said:
Hus said:
rasone77 said:

The PS3 would sell @ 399USD I can agree with that, but its not Sony messed up and now they're losing the console war.

By the time the Playstation is $399USD all the third parties will have their franchises on the Wii or 360. PS3 is a great console in its own right and will have great games, but most of them will be multiplat and a few decent first party titles.

Let's face the PS3 is the Gamecube of this generation with out the Nintendo software to back it up, but hey at least you get Blu-Ray.

Un no.

Theres no sign of any of the big 3rd party games going to the wii.

While everything on 360 can go to the Ps3 and is going to it, 360 is not doing well enough to warrent "no" Ps3 version.

LMAO you wish, i wonder how GC would have done if it had GTm GTA and FF.

Franchises you mentioned (except GT) typically goes to the best selling platform. And that's not exactly irrelevant. Anyway, GC had Super Mario, Pokemon, Metroid Primes, Zelda, Star Fox, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Which all are popular franchises. And they stay exlusive as long as Nintendo makes hardware. PS3 doesn't have that luxury. So couple 3rd party titles are pretty light stuff compared to Nintendos 1st party.

See the problem is as great as those games are, they are very nintendo fan oriented and are for a younger audience.  They moslty go for the same demographics, Nintendo lacks the diversity to bring in many differant fans on their own.  

GC had nothing to bring in the adult gamers,  nothing!!

Those franchises are being made for PS3 and nothing will change that.

Yet another brilliant Hus post. 

Hus, you are talking nonsense again (as usual, actually). Do you actually want to back that up?? I disagree with your logic free blanket statement about the GC, but I'll actually back my statement up.

Here's a quick list of M rated games for the GC. Note, this doesn't include the many T rated games that were also available on the system (there are around 200 T games at least):

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
True Crime: New York City
Mortal Kombat: Deception
XIII
Blood Omen 2
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
GUN
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Bloodrayne
Hitman 2: Silent Assasin
Ghost Recon
Killer 7
Dead To Rights
Def Jam: Fight For NY
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
True Crime: Streets of LA
Die Hard: Vendetta
Time Splitters: Future Perfect
Time Splitters 2
Hunter: The Reckoning
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown
BMX XXX
Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs Death
Bad Boys: Miami
Turok: Evolution
Red Faction II
Rouge Ops
Spartan: Total Warrior
Serious Sam: Next Encounter
Prince Of Persia 2
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Suffering
Robocop
Bad Boys 2

You're right, there's NOTHING for mature gamers...

And if you think Mario is for younger gamers, you're a... what word won't get me banned... ok, blind... uh... person. Many, many people that played mario growing up are now OLDER gamers, so lots of older gamers will play mario (including me and most people on this site). This also goes for the other Nintendo franchises.

And as far as Nintendo going for the same demographics? HAHAHAH! WHAT?? That's Sony and MS for sure. NINTENDO is the one going for more demographics (yes, from kids to teens to adults to old folks), and that is why they are dominating.

I apologize for using logic...

*Hus covers ears and yells LALALALALA*

Soriku said:
@D-FENS

Will this do?: www.sonydefenceforce.com

That'll do.  That'll do.