By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

Yes it does, especially if it is in the high 80's for reviews. By word of mouth The Conduit could sell very well.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Jo21 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
star_city said:
conduit looks horrible.
and its the Wii fps on wii dont sell well look at metroid sales a game that has a bigger fan base

Killzone by a mile 4mil for killzone 2

Metroid is not a FPS and historically Metroid doesn't sell like most of Nintendo's titles, Metroid has a nice niche fanbase which are pretty vocal online, plus reviewers love it, so you hear a lot about it but selling well (for a Nintendo title), it does not.

The Conduit however could sell better depending on how it's marketed.

And Killzone 2... 4million... really? Killzone on a 120m userbase didn't even sell a million, yet on a sixth of the base it's supposed to sell about 5 times as much and to about a fifth of the PS3 owners?  You've got to be kidding...

killzone sold 2 million. was an average title. also the counduit developers aren't that well known  either.

Says .75m http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1112&region=All

Tsk tsk. Maxwell...

You're the last person I would expect to mistake NA sales for WW sales...look back at the page.

And what will it take for people to stop throwing around the "Killzone sucked" card? Clearly, this, numerous extremely positive single player and multiplayer beta impressions, even a testament from pretty much everybody on this site who's played a game, is not enough. IGN? GameSpot? 1UP? A statement from President Obama?

OT: I think I'll modify my answer.

It's about as likely as the PS3 outselling the Wii next week.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Oh, and as for the "bad developer record" card, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Voltage_Software#Developed_games.

Those are the people who are making The Conduit. This is not their fourth game, it's like their 30th. They do not have a $70 million budget and 4 years of development time. They do not have Sony as a publisher.

Hell, if I was making a guess, ignoring the previews and reviews, I'd say The Conduit had a bigger chance of being mediocre than Killzone 2. Of course, it should be a very good game, and this is completely irrelevant to the topic, but I just thought it needed to be addressed.

And yes, the lack of advertising will hurt The Conduit.

Not a chance in hell.

I find it very unlikely. The most I can see The Conduit selling is around 2 million, which is also my low expectation for Killzone 2.

Then again, go a few months back in time and ask the same question with Resistance 2 rather than Killzone 2. You'd get laughed at, as everyone (including myself) was expecting the PS3 game to do 2 or 3 times better than it has.

Around the Network

I think KZ2 will be like the other recent BIG sony exclusives and sell only arround 1.5- 2M.

However I don't think the crowd will recognize the conduit to it's true value... people seem to prefer visuals to gameplay when it comes to shooters, so I guess I put the conduit at 1-2M

so the chances are that KZ will be slightly higher.

However there is the chance that KZ sells better... but that would put it at 4M max.
If the Conduit sells better, it could go to 6M easy (once a wii game starts selling, it does so well)

Keep in mind that 6M for a wii game will be 10% of owners whereas 4M for PS will be about 17%), so not so unrealistic.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Considering how much conduit has been hyped and the userbase of wii, it should do at least 5 million in a year. If it supports WM+, it should do even better? There is no chance KZ2 will sell more than the conduit.

Esa-Petteri said:
Considering how much conduit has been hyped and the userbase of wii, it should do at least 5 million in a year. If it supports WM+, it should do even better? There is no chance KZ2 will sell more than the conduit.

But-

I see what you did there.

differnet consoles, hard to tell, would have better insight if it was on the same console, but SEGA has pretty good advertisement if they deicide that they'd want to sell the game. I'm guessing Conduit will sell really well though just because people will buy it, they just will lol, it's not like they have any real options for a good fps on a Wii, and the controls do look quiet tight.

Shooters don't sell on the wii. See Call of Duty World At War. I don't think theres any chance it will.