By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

Come on, the Conduit probably got less than 10% of the dev budget of killzone 2, is a new ip coming from a unknow developer, and probably sega is not going to put a lot of money in the add campaign... is like Zack and Wiki all over again (But with a more common genre)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Can it? Yes.

Will it? Not likely.

They'll both sell very good but KZ2 simply has 2 things going for it that The Conduit will not have.

1. Marketing. Sega will certainly push The Conduit but not like Sony will push KZ2.
2. Retail. Retailers have to believe a game will sell big for them to buy a large supply. They will buy more KZ2 than they will buy The Conduit. That completely chokes any chance of The Conduit outselling KZ2.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I am 100% that Conduit will be a better game, but sadly Killzone 2 will sell more

FJ-Warez said:
Come on, the Conduit probably got less than 10% of the dev budget of killzone 2, is a new ip coming from a unknow developer, and probably sega is not going to put a lot of money in the add campaign... is like Zack and Wiki all over again (But with a more common genre)

I'm not so sure. Sega seems pretty dedicated to this game and expects it to ride the Motion Plus craze from Wii Sports Resort. When you think of how well Wii games have paid off for Sega, especially compared to the PS360 games. Sega has produced about 25 games for each console and the Wii has been their gold mine. Just plain economic self interest should make them hype the hell out of this game just in hopes of getting another Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. A game that had low expectations and a metacritic score of 67 which coincidentally is just ten times more than the million copies it sold (6.7M)

SEGA

Games

Mega

Dbl. Plat.

Platinum

Gold

Wii

1 (6.7M)

Xbox 360

PS3

Ok. I'm getting fed up with these comparisons between The Conduit and the sales of other FPS on Wii.

In regards to Metroid Prime 3:
-It's not even the same genre. MP3 is a FPA, for the last time.
-There's no multiplayer whatsoever.
-Install base was much smaller at time of release.

In regards to Call of Duty W@W:
-It's a watered-down version of a multi-plat game, not a Wii exclusive.
-It has nowhere near the online features that the Conduit will have.

We have yet to see the advertising campaign SEGA promises. We have yet to see the effect of the Wii Motion Plus peripheral. These are two more big factors, the effects of which are impossible to predict at this moment. They could make all the difference.

However, all in all, after at least two years' time... I predict The Conduit will indeed outsell Killzone 2.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

Around the Network

Probably not but do think Conduit will have a bigger profit, that is what matters

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

bardicverse said:
^^^ You are entitled to your opinion, as inaccurate as it is. COD:WAW on Wii is actually very good, has fluid motion controls, solid graphics, and solid online. I enjoy it even more than Medal of Honor Heroes 2. There is no lag on campaign or online play. I am both a PC and Wii gamer, on top of being a game developer, and I can tell you that you either played the wrong game, or you're just a troll, and should leave vgchartz and head over to gamespot.com with the rest of the trolls.

I have both, Wii version plays like garbage, the online was also horrible. The game was not polished, at all.

edit: I do hope MW2 will be good though =_= I can always hope.

misterd said:
Theoretically yes, simply because the Wii has more than twice the PS3's userbase.

Practically? Probably not. It's the first game of a new IP, and being published by SEGA, which... I dunno. If it doesn't have Sonic in it, SEGA games feel cursed. Maybe this will help turn things around, but I can't count on it.

However, I don't expect either game to meet the goals fans have for them.

The Conduit will be a success if it can hit 1m, but 2m or more would be a huge surprise.

Killzone 2 will hit 1m easily, and likely go multi-plat, but anyone expecting Halo type numbers are deluding themselves.

Am I reading this correctly? Someone please help!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
misterd said:
Theoretically yes, simply because the Wii has more than twice the PS3's userbase.

Practically? Probably not. It's the first game of a new IP, and being published by SEGA, which... I dunno. If it doesn't have Sonic in it, SEGA games feel cursed. Maybe this will help turn things around, but I can't count on it.

However, I don't expect either game to meet the goals fans have for them.

The Conduit will be a success if it can hit 1m, but 2m or more would be a huge surprise.

Killzone 2 will hit 1m easily, and likely go multi-plat, but anyone expecting Halo type numbers are deluding themselves.

Am I reading this correctly? Someone please help!

Multi-plat as in multi-platinum, not multi-platform.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

GRAMPY +1, was just a matter of time, for many publishers release more games for Wii, and SEGA just want expande the audience they have on WII, but this is the truth: they want make benefits form the new Wii situation, with the incoming of Moster hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X more games are going to be released from Japan, and the users base it´s going to grow a lot more.