By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

coolestguyever said:
Shooters don't sell on the wii. See Call of Duty World At War. I don't think theres any chance it will.

But that was a gimped port, even though wii controls are vastly superior to dual analog! This one is wii exclusive so it will sell at least 5 million in a year.

Around the Network

^Now don't be mean.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

coolestguyever said:
Shooters don't sell on the wii. See Call of Duty World At War. I don't think theres any chance it will.

Actually COD:WAW is selling above expectations, and is on last weeks US top 10 list for Nintendo. Just had a slow start due to a poor launch supply. Solid game, not gimped at all. Good online. Starting to get popularity via word of mouth. Will end up with solid legs

mesoteto said:
I don’t think so at first, but like all ps3 games it will be a flash in the pan and then dry up to dribble sales as people get hyped for the next installment

Where as the cond will hit off slow then if it is a s good as it seems build up and maint nice sales to eventually out sell its kz2 comp

Not to mention that if only 5 % of the wii install base buys the game you are already at 2 million and I know that more then 5% of the wii install base is looking o get their hands on so more true FPS action—I see it going to at least 15% which puts us at 6 million mark

so it doesnt get skipped

seriously i know there is more then 15% of wii owners that are looking for a hardcore shooter experience

--OkeyDokey-- said:
bardicverse said:
Knowing the devs for KZ2, I'd be really really cautious about the quality of this game.

You really can't play the unproven dev card against Killzone 2 when we're directly comparing it to The Conduit...

Its not so much unproven, its knowing the actual "talent" behind KZ2, knowing some of the individual minds behind the title. You want to talk about all chiefs no indians, this is it. I'd expect a very frustrated audience.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

WaW on Wii is horrible, it was a dumped down CoD4 engine that choked at some points with the motion control due to lag, low budget shovelware that wasn't really worked on enough, to be expected since they already knew it'd do well on HD consoles and the PC. I'm a PC gamer and WaW on Wii plays like puke with sea food and liquor combined, I'd highly recommend people to NOT buy that game for Wii. I hate western devs that show no effort to make a game good for Wii but just want some extra bucks instead, at least the PC version is decent I guess but that company is really ticking me off with Wii dev.

^^^ You are entitled to your opinion, as inaccurate as it is. COD:WAW on Wii is actually very good, has fluid motion controls, solid graphics, and solid online. I enjoy it even more than Medal of Honor Heroes 2. There is no lag on campaign or online play. I am both a PC and Wii gamer, on top of being a game developer, and I can tell you that you either played the wrong game, or you're just a troll, and should leave vgchartz and head over to gamespot.com with the rest of the trolls.

bardicverse said:
^^^ You are entitled to your opinion, as inaccurate as it is. COD:WAW on Wii is actually very good, has fluid motion controls, solid graphics, and solid online. I enjoy it even more than Medal of Honor Heroes 2. There is no lag on campaign or online play. I am both a PC and Wii gamer, on top of being a game developer, and I can tell you that you either played the wrong game, or you're just a troll, and should leave vgchartz and head over to gamespot.com with the rest of the trolls.

What he said may or may not be accurate, but I would be fairly careful about using multi-platform games as examples of how limited sales of certain genres are on the Wii ...

From what I have seen I suspect that an unprecidented number of people own multiple platforms in this generation and, as a result, a large portion of "Core" gamers who own a Wii have access to a gaming PC, PS3 or XBox 360. If people are interested in the game and they believe that the Wii version is inferior they would probably buy another version if they have the option.

No way in hell. I suspect The Conduit to break 1.5 million sometime (might take over 2 years), and Killzone 2 should see over 2 million within a year from release.

Killzone 2 is one of the most hyped games with the one of the biggest budgets ever.

The Conduit isn't all that hyped compared to Killzone 2 and looks to have a fairly modest development and advertizing budget.

KylieDog said:
HappySqurriel said:
bardicverse said:

What he said may or may not be accurate, but I would be fairly careful about using multi-platform games as examples of how limited sales of certain genres are on the Wii ...

From what I have seen I suspect that an unprecidented number of people own multiple platforms in this generation and, as a result, a large portion of "Core" gamers who own a Wii have access to a gaming PC, PS3 or XBox 360. If people are interested in the game and they believe that the Wii version is inferior they would probably buy another version if they have the option.

Like me. The online of WaW on Wii is incredible poor for a FPS, so few players and so few game modes. Doesn't matter what the controls are like, player number and game modes are much more important. So I bought the PS3 version.

Fair point to a degree. I have no issues finding at least 7-8 other people for a match, and Im wondering if more game modes are unlockable with progress. If not, not really a big deal. Maybe if and when I master each map, I'll get bored. As of right now, I don't see anything wrong with the Wii version of the game as dahuman was saying. The graphics are pretty good for a Wii game, there's no lag or whatnot. My refute to him wasn't about options within the online, but the overall connectivity and enjoyment of the online that does exist.

If I really wanted all the bells and whistles, I'd get the PC version, which will always blow away ANY console version. So by HappySquirrel's  comment,  anyone who was looking for the best version wouldn't even bother with any console version of the game.