By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

I was just about to make this thread but then I figured I'd better use the search function. Either way, this is going to be an interesting battle of sales......and I'm going to go on record and say that Killzone 2 will be the better game but the Conduit is going to have better sales.

We'll see how it goes down soon enough, won't we?

Around the Network

Of course it has a chance. Will it?? That's a completely different question...

4 ≈ One

KZ2 by a far far amount. I know people are discussing the userbase, but much like the install base of PS3 being Blu-Ray only,a good portion of the Wii install base is non-fps demographic.

Also, in the thick of a holiday season, if a CoD game on Wii can only pull off 600k then the Conduit doesn't stand a chance. CoD is too fps, what final fantasy is to rpg's, it's the king of them. New IPs for rpg's don't sell well, and neither will this.

I might get some slack for this, it is merely my opinion but this genre of game is the area where the Wii needs to prove itself the most...

One last bit, FPS fans pay attention to reviews and metacritic. If the Conduit gets any "Hazey" reviews....then no...

What possible difference does it make? As long as both sell well enough to make a nice profit; then there will be another one in the future. And, of course the Wii version won't have to sell as much to be profitable. If it sells a million I'm sure SEGA will be thrilled. I expect it to better, more like 2M and then SEGA will be doing cartwheels.

These cross platform showdowns are mostly pointless except to make fanboys happy. Especially PS360 fanboys who are thrilled to outsell the Wii for something.

Personally, (and this is anecdotal at best) I wouldn't buy the Wii version of any multi-platform FPS. It just doesn't make sense to me. The HD versions are just better made in my opinion. But this time, the Wii is the ONLY option for the Conduit. I think it's going to be well recieved.

Killzone 2 is still going to be better (educated guess), but I think that the Wii's "starving" demographic are going to eat the Conduit up.