By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The PS2 is outselling the Wii! (Wait, what?)

Jack Tretton, Kaz Harai, and Phil Harrison are the only Sony execs that have any sense.

David Krakker and this guy are well idiots.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Tretton said a few no-no's not that long ago too.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

wii sells better

You can't just call the guy on the PS2 vs Wii mistake/lie. That would make him look like a fool in the article where it was the reporters fault. That website would not get intereviews from that guy again.

Instead he has to let it go and just let the guy look like fool in the artcle to where the blame can only be placed on the one saying the comments.

It's why a media that's main focus is to get attention to get money will always be flawed. It has to rely on the big wigs for it's intereviews and it can't get them if the interviewed people are pissed, if sony gets mad at a magazine or online publication it could cut it off and that would make the magazine take a big hit.

I really don't understand how someone with a college degree can make such a statement. It's like he decided to say the most idiotic thing that came into his mind at the time. I just really don't understand how someone who's supposed to have a clue can be that clueless and it really, really bothers me for some reason.

Around the Network

Here are a couple other gems from the article:

SPOnG: When was this? What time are we talking about?

Jamie Macdonald: This was, well, we did the early work on it around three years ago. It was a very small team, just kicking around some ideas, then probably about a year ago we realised we were onto something. Then we were presenting it internally to our people in Tokyo and the United States.  “So PlayStation Home is just a response to the MySpaces and Facebooks of this world?” Frankly, no. If you know anything about how long these things take… the first time I heard of things like MySpace or Facebook, we were probably a year or two into the development of PlayStation Home. It reminds me of things like the development of the light bulb or the developments of the early aeroplanes.

Myspace launched in August 2003... and more signifficantly, Second Life launched in 2003.  According to him they didn't even conceptualize it until 2004, and didn't start development until 2006.  You didn't copy a thing Macdonald. Also the development of home is like developing the light bulb and airplanes (assuming that's what he meant) was just gold.  

Jamie Macdonald: Ultimately we can turn off the machine and we know where you live! So if somebody is getting really out of hand they would have to move house and buy a new PS3 and that strikes me as a pretty strong sanction!

Nice, threaten the kids and tell them you know where they live.  Very fun.

This guy works under Phil... even Phil doesn't say this type of thing... I hope Phil yells at him for this one.

But I do see the PS2 selling the most this holiday season. If the PS2 doesnt sell the most it will be 2nd. No matter what it will be one of the two, holiday 2008 will be when the PS2 wont take away sales for any of the current get consoles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

dtewi said:
You know that 1/2 of PS3's break down jjseth?

Are you honestly attempting to claim a 50% failure rate for the PS3? [edit: The rest of your post is also nonsense but I simply can't let this one pass unchallenged.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

dtewi said:
You know that 1/2 of PS3's break down jjseth? Let's say FFXIII will come to the wii not the PS3. Would you not get mad? Saying PS2 is outselling wii is like saying PS1 is outselling the PS3.

Really?  Hmmm if that's the case then why is the fail rate less then 3%?  Did 3% suddenly become 50% in Nintendo Fun Time Land?

And if FFXIII went to the Wii (Which it won't) I wouldn't be upset about it honestly.  That isn't the reason why I bought a PS3 and I may not even buy it because I cannot invest that much time into a game anymore to beat it like I could when I was younger. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

It is amazing what top executives can say and not be held accountable for. Just because it's not in the quarterly SEC filing doesn't make it any more right to state a complete lie. Maybe if there was jailtime involved in inaccuracies in general communications we'd get rid of the BS.