By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The PS2 is outselling the Wii! (Wait, what?)

Goddbless said:
The Spirit of Krazy Ken Lives!!!

Ha

Well all i know is that i would do the good old point and laugh if i was the interviewer

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

No it's true. SDF is reporting the same thing: "Get ready for another Sony dominated generation."

Well if BioShock is a 5/10 maybe I'll cancel my preorder and buy a PS2 instead...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:
No it's true. SDF is reporting the same thing: "Get ready for another Sony dominated generation."

Well if BioShock is a 5/10 maybe I'll cancel my preorder and buy a PS2 instead...

... Joke post?

What ever happened to solid business practices, like making a product at a price people can afford, generating interest, keeping costs down... ARGHHH!!! I am glad I don't own Sony stock. I am sad I didn't buy Nintendo Stock last year when I had the chance.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

sinha said:

hehe this just might become my favourite blog =)

I noticed that almost every comment has been people saying how stupid they are. I wonder how these writers can keep spewing this crap? Maybe they actually work for Microsoft and are just trying to make the PS3 look bad...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
sinha said:

hehe this just might become my favourite blog =)

I noticed that almost every comment has been people saying how stupid they are. I wonder how these writers can keep spewing this crap? Maybe they actually work for Microsoft and are just trying to make the PS3 look bad...

Oh it's already my favorite.  I can't wait to read more of their blogs.

sinha said:

your so right, bioshock sucks ass, long live the ps2 let it dominate every single generation to come!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

This certainly is a rather silly claim, but I do want to point out that there ARE good Sony execs. Many people seem to lump them in to a single "Sony Execs are dumb" category, but there really seems to be a large divide -- and rumor has it, this shows in the internal struggles as well. For example, I really like Howard Stringer, Sony's new CEO, and Kaz Hirai is pretty cool too (Ridge Racer aside). Furthermore, there are clearly higher up people that are well liked by many developers such as Insomniac, who have no obligation to be nearly as kind to Sony as they are, but they are kind because they like Sony.

Then... there are these guys. Again, not saying that this guy, and many of those like him, aren't a tad off, I just want to point out that there is still a good deal of constructive leadership in Sony, and I hope we can all remember that. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

He said PS2 is still outselling the Wii. It dropped to like 120,000 a week, while wii doubles that. Unless execs can't tell the difference between 2 and 1, he's the biggest fanboy i've heard of.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
He said PS2 is still outselling the Wii. It dropped to like 120,000 a week, while wii doubles that. Unless execs can't tell the difference between 2 and 1, he's the biggest fanboy i've heard of.

Can you really call him a fanboy when he works for Sony?  I always considered fanboys people who blindly support consoles for no reason.  In his case he's getting his paycheck from Sony, and obviously picked a very stupid interviewer to say this to considering the interviewerd didn't question his numbers.