By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The PS2 is outselling the Wii! (Wait, what?)

This is Living Lying.

Link

SPOnG: Maybe one of the problems for Sony is that Wii has been such a phenomenon in terms of sales that there is perhaps a tendency for people to compare PS3 sales unfavourably with Wii.

Jamie Macdonald: Could I just point something out - that PlayStation 2 is still outselling Wii in all the major markets. End of story.

End of story you say mate? Umm no? I mean, how much more out of touch can they be? Some of the things they say from time to time really makes me thing both MS ans Sony are completely oblivious to what the Wii is doing. Its like they havent even noticed. The above statement is wrong in EVERY region except like New Zealand. And thats not a major market at ALL.

How far from the pack will the Wii distance itself saleswise before MS and Sony realize what in the hell is happening?

On another note this is a good read. Check out the interview, it has some good info and news about LBP and EOJ as well as the PSeye in general and their plans for it. And it also has a few more gems:

SPOnG: Going back to online, one of the impressive things on Xbox Live has been achievement points. It is still, currently, one of the reasons why certain gamers will buy a 360 title over a PS3 title. What plans do you have with Home to offer a similar experience?

Jamie Macdonald: Well, as far as we are concerned we don’t copy or emulate any of our competitor’s things, but within PlayStation Home there will be the feature called the Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong with a little copying especially when its something cool, but show respect where its due.

Around the Network

o rly???

PS2 is a great success but don't try and go that far mate...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

RAFL....

What is it with Sony and their "denial" thing? Famitsu doesn't say PS2 > Wii. NPD doesn't say PS2 > Wii.

Maybe he means install base ;)

PS - I am confident PS2 > Wii in Australia, thanks to price point + cheap games (3 games for $50AU, 1 Wii title = $80).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

That guy says many a stupid thing.

At the Edinburgh Interactive Entertainment Festival, SCEE's Jamie Macdonald gave a talk entailing the world beyond "social gaming" in the land of PS3's Home. It's probably important to describe the four C's as soon as possible, so they are: community, competition, creativity, and commerce. These four ideas, Macdonald said, would assist in making Sony the dominant force in social gaming. He thinks creating quaint, parlor games for cross-generational groups and friends is an important and untapped piece of gaming culture Home will try to capitalize on.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/15/sonys-four-cs-of-online-gaming/

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Foolish man...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

SCEE is going to destroy the company....

mM

Meh, I really wonder what's going on with these Sony execs sometimes. It's like they can't even see what's going on in their own market. Maybe they just really suck at counting and that's why they think they'll ship 11 million PS3s in fiscal 07. All I know is at some point you probably stop, step back, and take a look around.

Wow, he is so clueless, and contradicts his own statement within the the same sentence. ROFL.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

VgChartz, NPD, MediaCreate, Famitsu, and Chart Track disagree.

What an idiot.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

He is an idiot and deserves to be fired......out of a cannon.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)