By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The PS2 is outselling the Wii! (Wait, what?)

Final-Fan said:
dtewi said:
You know that 1/2 of 1% of PS3's break down jjseth? Let's say FFXIII will come to the wii not the PS3. Would you not get mad? Saying PS2 is outselling wii is like saying PS1 is outselling the PS3.

I went ahead and fixed that first sentence for you, dtewi. I'm afraid I was too late to save the other three -- they died on the way to Reality Hospital.

P.S. to jjseth: I guess we can agree once in a while -- but please don't take that post as an accurate example of Wii supporters.

I think you and jjseth misunderstood.

I believe he was trying to make a point to jjseth by throwing a few ridiculous comments his way... If comments such as these deserve ridicule, then so do the comments of the exec in this interview.

Edit:  well dtewi, I understood what you meant - your explaination got in before my post

Around the Network

YES I WAS!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
I was being sarcastic and comparing my fake facts to sony's fake facts. It apparently got you mad jjseth that i said failure rate was 50%, so why is a PS3 fan allowed to be mad but nintendo fans aren't?

Mad?  Not in the least.  Obviously it didn't consume me so much that I was able to go visit other sites, play a game of Madden, and then surf more before seeing your reply.  

There's nothing to be mad at with any of it.  if you thought I was mad, then you were mistaken.  You do realize how difficult it is to transcribe emotion in a web forum, don't you?  Unless I typed in all caps and 90^ of what I wrote was unreadable due to the fact I was upset.  And if I was, there'd have been many cuss words in there and really I don't get mad easily.  It would take much more then you could dish out in a forum to make me mad. 

I admit I don't beat around the bush when it comes to stating a point and if that comes off as being mad, please don't take it that way.  I'm not mad, annoyed possibly, but not mad.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Hus said:
Who did the interview, any one worth a damn would have asked what hell does he mean.

agree

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

andrewpeirce said:
LMAO
I read the whole interview. At one point, Jamie Macdonald compares playstation Home to the invention of the lightbulb.

LOL...

Yeah, I'm sure they will be comparable events :)

I was wondering who this tosspot was - and then I checked the article:

Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios

WTF???

I'm 100% serious here. Either:

1/ This is a fake review/post (very unlikely I think - Sony would find these, issue a retraction - and kill the site that posted them).

2/ This guy needs to be fired - instantly - and Sony needs to take a serious look at themselves. This is horrible corporate tripe, full of inaccuracies (or straight lies?) and terribly damaging to Sony.

The thing that strikes me about this, is that these Sony executives come across as the worst Sony fanboys out there. Its not setting a great example for the behaviour of Sony fans :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Jack Tretton, Kaz Harai, and Phil Harrison are the only Sony execs that have any sense.

David Krakker and this guy are well idiots.

Uhmm yeah ...

“The idea of a handheld rivalry with Nintendo is an irrelevance. Those formats don't appear in our planning. It's not a fair comparison; not fair on them, I should stress. That sounds arrogant, maybe, but it's the truth. With the DS , it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen. But I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison , president of Sony Worldwide Studios

"Some have said that the PSP is our answer to the (Nintendo) Game Boy. Well, here’s how we view the world: PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto and Sony is the only company that can do it. We happily accept this challenge and, dare I say it, the baton has been passed." - Kaz Hirai 2005

"The next generation doesn't start until we say it does." - Kaz Hirai 2006

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it."
- Jack Tretton , January 2007

"The first five million are going to buy it [PS3], whatever it is, even [if] it didn't have games." - David Reeves

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@celine:
I think if we hunted around i think we could come up with a list of stupid comments from all execs in the world every one makes them its just Sony seems to specilise in stupid comments i think Nintendo and MS have made just as stupid comments just none that where on major interviews or at major conventions.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

This is Living Lying.

Or a just a simple mistake, a storm in a glass of water so to speak.

The PS2 has been and still is outselling the XBox 360 globally, not the Nintendo Wii (AFAIK, although the PS2 did outsell the Wii last christmas).

However PS2 compatibles (PS2 +PS3) have outsold the Wii globally. I may be part of a minority but I have bought as many PS2 games for my PS3 as I have bought PS3 games so far (never owned a PS2). Next PS2 game I have my eyes on is Okami, but there are too many other games I own I would like to play some more as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

mitsuhide said:
@celine:
I think if we hunted around i think we could come up with a list of stupid comments from all execs in the world every one makes them its just Sony seems to specilise in stupid comments i think Nintendo and MS have made just as stupid comments just none that where on major interviews or at major conventions.

I Agree

But calling DS a gimmick is quite fun ... 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@celine:
The DS is a gimmick.

/sarcasm

It is a gimmick just a gimmick that kept selling.(From the eyes of Sony)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)