By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The PS2 is outselling the Wii! (Wait, what?)

Maybe he was just drunk :P If it turns to be true of what he said I've got a comment of my own ...old macdonald had a farm iha, iha ho... lol

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

all the sony execs just come off as ridiculously arrogant and even more clueless.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

To me Phill is a lot more of a professional than the entire SCEE together, oh but then again he's the boss of ''all'' the SCE companies.

Oh well, he's just human, like Miyamoto and Iwata are and they say some silly things as well, like everyone else. (Though as woman, I'd rather see Phil though ) Except this comment is "plain" dumb. PS3 is even outselling the PS2 in several countries and since the WII is the best selling console at the moment, then the PS2 is outselling the WII... riiiiight.

outlawauron said:
Jack Tretton, Kaz Harai, and Phil Harrison are the only Sony execs that have any sense.

David Krakker and this guy are well idiots.

Are you kidding? Tretton said one of the most stupid things this generation. Unfortunately the scan cuts some good parts off.

Check out this Penny Arcade in response to that http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/02/10

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

Well i found this on VGChartz and if he has been using VG data he might be telling the truth.
JPN NA Other Total
PS2Sony Mar-2007 1.43 / 25.42 2.82 / 47.68 2.39 / 44.79 6.64 / 117.89
WiiNintendo Mar-2007 2.00 / 2.00 2.37 / 2.37 1.47 / 1.47 5.84 / 5.84

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php

This data is between September06 to March07 so the Wii has lost a month but the PS2 has outsold the Wii comfortably in Others(PAL) and NA(Americas) but been outsold in JPN(Japan)so Mr.McDonald isnt a complete lier.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
Well i found this on VGChartz and if he has been using VG data he might be telling the truth.
JPN NA Other Total
PS2Sony Mar-2007 1.43 / 25.42 2.82 / 47.68 2.39 / 44.79 6.64 / 117.89
WiiNintendo Mar-2007 2.00 / 2.00 2.37 / 2.37 1.47 / 1.47 5.84 / 5.84

http://vgchartz.com/worldcons.php

This data is between September06 to March07 so the Wii has lost a month but the PS2 has outsold the Wii comfortably in Others(PAL) and NA(Americas) but been outsold in JPN(Japan)so Mr.McDonald isnt a complete lier.

Yah! The PS2 shipped more! That avoids monthly to monthly (which is what he specified). Most of that data is coming from late 06 when the PS2 was the best selling home console for the holiday season and the only time it has outsold the Wii worldwide. The graphs below show that aside from something here and there, the Wii has been outselling it overall. And this still only makes the PS3 look even worse when he says stupid things like this.

All regions

USA
Japan
Others

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I stand by my statement:
He is an idiot and deserves to be fired.....out of cannon.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Are you kidding? Tretton said one of the most stupid things this generation.

Tretton seems like a modest guy judging from his E3 presentation, the statement was funny for the time (a month after the interview) but IMO nothing to dwell on.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Stringer is the only one that holds his tongue. But the great thing about Stringer is he fully acknowledges the other consoles and even considers them valuable competition.

The other big Sony execs (and the whole PR team for that matter) spew the worst lines I've ever heard in the industry.

MS execs, notably Peter Moore back when he was with MS, made a few digs here and there.

I've rarely ever heard brash comments from Nintendo and it was mostly Yamauchi back in the ego days.

The rEVOLution is not being televised