By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full scale Pokemon RPG for home consoles - Why not?

Maynard_Tool said:
I've been waiting for something like that since the N64.

Me too. I've pretty much given up hope for an authentic console Pokemon.

Around the Network

I'd buy it! and I hope it would stay 2D-ish like the handheld games. So only sprites!

I like Bacon said:

I'd buy it! and I hope it would stay 2D-ish like the handheld games. So only sprites!

I agree.  The sprites are way prettier than 3-D could ever be, even if it was built for the highest-end PC available today with unlimited space for textures and models.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

what would be my idea of a pokemon console mmo would be real time (no turn-based battles) you'd walk around with the nunchuks control stick. contols would be something like...

control stick to move
c to center camera
a to talk to people and otherr boring crap
hold down z to run
probably 1 or 2 button to cycle through pokemon without having ot go through a menu (you can have a pokemon selected like in the handheld versions, and it will be outside the pokeball and fallowing you.
hit any of the 4 directions on the direction pad to execute the pokemons moves (they can learn only 4 moves, as in the other versions.

in the wilderness, you will see the wild pokemon roaming around (no random battles) and you can choose whether you want to battle them or not)

you can chat with people around you like in other mmo's, and can challenge people to battles at your leisure. if someone challenges you, you don't have to accent, so you can't be screwed over by people with level 100's in the start of the game.

anyone else think of anything?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Maybe that type of Pokemon game was like contracted for Gameboy/Handheld only? I mean N64/Gamecube wasnt Nintendo's best but Gameboy kept Nintendo very much alive, and what kept the Gameboy well alive was possibly those Pokemon games due to its uniqueness? Afterall you cant think about a Gameboy without thinking about a Pokemon game lol

Around the Network

I would love to see this done. Nintendo, I'll give you my money now, just make this happen!

i hope they would make one, i would buy it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

They could do the game with cartoon graphics, it would be much better

I wound buy it for sure...it would be perfect with the wi-fi

Maynard_Tool said:
I've been waiting for something like that since the N64.

Me too... still Nintendo is probably afraid a full console version would devalue the Gameboy versions... which are cheaper to produce and sell millions opon millions.

I'd say split the difference.  Remake Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow with added features and graphics and go on from that.  A few generations behind so it's not really a threat.

I'd also be in the "Keep it 2-D" club too...

3D would probably look like Earthbound... well a 3-D earthbound.  Which wouldn't be bad but still.