By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full scale Pokemon RPG for home consoles - Why not?

If Nintendo does it... I don't give I shit which part of the story is it. I'LL BUY A DAMN WII ASAP!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Gameboy86 said:
There is a reason that Pokemon simply would not work on a console, despite how cool it may seem - when you become a really deep Pokemon player (as the majority of people on the net who play it are), a lot of boring, and time-consuming tasks start to become a big part of the game. Tasks such as IV breeding and EV training etc. I, for one, much prefer doing this on a handheld, since I can have the TV or something on and contuinally cycle up and down waiting for an egg to hatch, without paying much attention.

Can you imagine how mind-numblingly boring tasks such as this would be if you were playing them on TV and having to sit watching them? I know I wouldn't like to do it.

As cool as they would be on a console, they are just too time-consuming to contemplate playing. I mean, who actually bred for moves and such in Colosseum and XD? Couldn't imagine anything worse.

Stuff like that seems to do just fine on Disgaea... but that might be a bad example since the series started on Consoles and not handhelds like pokemon.

4 ≈ One

Jo21 said:
less profits.

do you imagine making all pokemon 3d models?

Then only include the original 151.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Sorry but it would drive me mental. I really don't think I would sit and meticulously breed Pokemon if I had to actually sit and watch it without something else to keep me entertained.

"less profits.

do you imagine making all pokemon 3d models?"

That's a silly reason. They've managed to make all the models and animations for every console Pokemon game there's been so far. And it's not really going to take all that much.

There are plenty of jobs to choose from in the Pokemon Universe... You could be a Sailor, a Police Officer, a Coordinator, a Trainer, a Researcher, or MY dream job in the Pokemon Universe: a Ball Craftsman (remember Kurt of Johto? his custom Pokeballs are famous even in Kanto; Professor Oak swears by this guy's commitment to quality)! Not everybody has to breed Pokemon in a Pokemon MMO... In fact, I believe that's what the Daycare Couple is for... And another problem I have with the watching Pokemon breed thing is that you never actually see them breed! I mean, why would you want to?

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

just download pokemon world online on PC. There is your MMO Pokemon, jsut a warning, still in beta.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

allaboutthegames885 said:

There are plenty of jobs to choose from in the Pokemon Universe... You could be a Sailor, a Police Officer, a Coordinator, a Trainer, a Researcher, or MY dream job in the Pokemon Universe: a Ball Craftsman (remember Kurt of Johto? his custom Pokeballs are famous even in Kanto; Professor Oak swears by this guy's commitment to quality)! Not everybody has to breed Pokemon in a Pokemon MMO... In fact, I believe that's what the Daycare Couple is for... And another problem I have with the watching Pokemon breed thing is that you never actually see them breed! I mean, why would you want to?

We're not talking about a Pokemon MMO.. >.>

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
allaboutthegames885 said:

We're not talking about a Pokemon MMO.. >.>

You were talking about a full fledged Pokemon RPG on a home console... And what's more "full fledged" than a console MMORPG set in the Pokemon Universe? (yeah, I'm grasping for straws)

I mean, the 360 and PS3 have their own MMO's; why can't Wii? (yeah, I used the Wii's name in a multi-tiered pun; got a problem with that?)

Nintendo is scared of the massive amounts of money this game would make.

hello how are you.