By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full scale Pokemon RPG for home consoles - Why not?

I would definitely buy a full scale pokemon game for the home console but like others mentioned it does have its drawbacks...while playing on handhelds I either have the tv on or I play on the go or as I attempt to sleep from my bed, so the home console version would definitely be played less..

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Around the Network

3d models aren't a problem, Nintendo don't need to try make it a Super Graphic game, I even think cel-shading/cartoon graphics would fit much better for pokemon than realistic graphics. And I believe cel-shading is much cheaper than realistic, and remember, a home console game would cost for you 60$, in handhelds games cost 30$, it would be much more profitable per unit.

One of my main problems with a home console Pokemon RPG is the pacing. Take Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness for example, I may be exaggerating but battles seemed to take 15-20 minutes in those games vs. 2-5 minutes on handhelds and keep in mind, this was just ordinary trainer battles.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I would love Nintendo to do such a game; sadly can't really see it happening though. There is no real reason why they haven't done a full scale version for the Gamecube or even the N64. Like some people have said above, they may begin to detract from the sales of the handheld versions. For now I do hope that they do remakes of Gold & Silver for the DS!

PSN: Gippon

I want this, but I only want it with first generation Pokemon.

Come on, give me what I've wanted since the N64.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
less profits.

do you imagine making all pokemon 3d models?

Pokemon colluseum says hello.

MMO pokemon would be game of century and get all 11/10 from reviewers.

and all gaming sites shutdown because they could not do anything but play the game

If they made it a mmorpg that would be awesome... a console game like dp would be fun but it would be weird to play with the wiimote.

You do know that this game would ruin more lives then WOW (Including mine) I would love this game to be real but then I would fail school >_>

Former something....

I used to believe that Nintendo just believed that certain games remain on certain platforms. So I was suprised when 3d mario made an appearance on DS, but 3d mario also appeared on Wii... So I honestly don't know why they haven't done it... then again maybe 3d DS mario was to remind people of 3d mario?

Either way I assume they believe that a poke rpg on console would affect a poke rpg on DS?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D