By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

@ Lurker
While that may be true I think it is a bit warrented in some cases. Think about it. Where are the most high tech and most RELIABLE machinery from? JAPAN! Damn sure not america.

From life experience I have learned one thing, NEVER BUY AMERICAN(if there is a choice). American products (that are home grown) are usually the shadiest and crappiest of them all...
Proof that American products suck at a quality standpoint and Japanese/Foreign products are better?
-Ford cars, enough said. So crappy that even Americans refuse to buy them and the government has to bail them out of debt.

Glad to see we're back in the 70's...

As for the main topic; that is indeed definitive, undeniable proof that the Media is biased against the PS3. I think you should take this shocking expose to the...well s***. The media wouldn't publish it, would they, because they're too biased! A nice Catch-22! Those fiendish b*****s have us all elegantly wrapped up in their web of lies!

Around the Network

Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

You will be able to find an article that proves a bias for almost anything. The reason behind that is that people have their opinions and not every writer likes the XBOX 360. In other words, I could find one article that proves the media has a bias against monkeys.

As for the majority of the media, I thought they had a bias against Nintendo. Maybe the success of the Wii changed that.

Also, If there is a bias against PS3, maybe it is because in the aspect of sales, it is in last place.

As for the whole Killzone thing. Many games like that have so much hype that people are dissapointed with the final product because they were expecting God. The guy says that it is a great game. What more do you want?

The media is even more biased against the wii. Making the 360 the PS2 of this generation, the media darling that they all love. Tough luck, but you're not experiencing anything Gamecube owners or Xbox owners didn't last generation. Sony fanboys are the loudest because they don't know what it's like to not be the top dog. When people aren't praising your machine up and down like they've done for the past fifteen years you think it's a gross injustice. How many sites considered the N64 a kiddy system? And wrote about it ALL THE DAMN TIME. Get over it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

It's pretty rare that a poster sets out to disprove/prove something, but winds up doing the opposite.

Yeah, Sony fanboys know more  than the rest of us. Case over because everyone else doesn't know anything.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

So I don't know what I'm doing with my money without a PS3?  I don't know what I'm talking about?

I have a PS2, and I make money, and know what to do wit it, so when 360 came out, I had the cash and I bought it.  I didn't buy PS3 for the 4 or 5 games I can't get on 360, but I must not know anything.  Whoops.

Also why is it your life mission to'fight back on forums' thats kind of a sad endeavor eh?

I hated the 360 hate a while back, I hate the ps3 hate now, but man waging war on forums is sad, go play some games.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Did sony become the new Sarah Palin?

FishyJoe said:

It's pretty rare that a poster sets out to disprove/prove something, but winds up doing the opposite.

Yeah, Sony fanboys know more  than the rest of us. Case over because everyone else doesn't know anything.

lol so true

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

forevercloud3000 said:

umm...the simple fact that you are saying we are armed and ready and beginning this big Sony defence thing just points it all out.  I dont understand why sony specific owners are so intense about it.  If a game gets a lower score than something on 360 the publication MUST be biased.  If someone buys a 360 instead of a PS3 they MUST be a moron or not know what they are doing.  If a game leaves sony exsclusive to multiplat they MUST be a traitor and giving in to the evils of microsoft.

None of that makes any sense but I see many sony fans saying such things.  Did you guys ever stop and wonder maybe in the same way you love the ps3 and its lineup other people love the 360 and its lineup?  For people like i mentioned in the above paragraph its all or nothing.  These guys just sit and complain about how "misstreated" and "hated" they and sony are.  In my opinion just get over that the PS3 is in third place and enjoy the games.

Are you for real??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints