By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

forevercloud3000 said:
The_God_of_War said:
I wish PS3 fans would stop bitching about bias. I'm more of a PS3 fan than anything else, but it's got to stop.

Anyway, this guy is a childish, unprofessional little prick if he allows Killzone fanboys on the interwebz to get to him that much.

yea, so if we close our eyes and pretend it does not exist it will just go away, right? /sarcasm

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

Because it's not racism, it's a fucking videogame system. If you said "Zune sucks" to your buddy at the mall and some stranger walked up and lectured you for ten minutes on the strengths of the zune and how the ipod is just high marketed garbage you and you're buddy would think that guy is a moron with no life. Unless of course you just love your zune so much you'd argue for half an hour about it. In which case replace "zune" with some other product you use day today with no emotional attachment, and "ipod" with it's competitor. Product loyalty to that extent is a companies wet dream, but completely idiotic on an individual scale. When Companies see stuff like this all they hear is "I'm a tool, charge me for more microtransactions and I'll defend it to the death!!!"

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
@BenVTrigger
I have an insatiable fetish for sleek black high tech technology. And as I said I plan on going into the gaming business once I graduate college(its my major) and the gaming world that is right now is not the kind of environment I want to be making games in. Can you not understand my disgust with it all?

No because there have been sooo many good games on all systems (home, handhelds, pc) that how could you be disgusted?  There is still like 30 games I gotta catch up on from the past two years not to mention the amazing 09 lineup.  Just because your favorite system isn't in top doesn't mean you should be disgusted.  And just to let you know odds are 90% that after college you'll be making multi-plat games not PS3 exsclusives.

forevercloud3000 said:

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

You can't surf the internet or walk into an electronics store without hearing "some biased garbage?"

Those are something called people's opinions. We live in an age where PEOPLE are present in the world. Of course you're going to hear people talking about what they don't like and their personal experiences with it.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

The_vagabond7 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
The_God_of_War said:
I wish PS3 fans would stop bitching about bias. I'm more of a PS3 fan than anything else, but it's got to stop.

Anyway, this guy is a childish, unprofessional little prick if he allows Killzone fanboys on the interwebz to get to him that much.

yea, so if we close our eyes and pretend it does not exist it will just go away, right? /sarcasm

Because it's not racism, it's a fucking videogame system. If you said "Zune sucks" to your buddy at the mall and some stranger walked up and lectured you for ten minutes on the strengths of the zune and how the ipod is just high marketed garbage you and you're buddy would think that guy is a moron with no life. Unless of course you just love your zune so much you'd argue for half an hour about it. In which case replace "zune" with some other product you use day today with no emotional attachment, and "ipod" with it's competitor. Product loyalty to that extent is a companies wet dream, but completely idiotic on an individual scale. When Companies see stuff like this all they hear is "I'm a tool, charge me for more microtransactions and I'll defend it to the death!!!"

Brilliant comment.  If these PS3 woe is mew threads were real life conversations, it would be the saddest thing on earth.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

FishyJoe said:
forevercloud3000 said:

If this kind of thing bothers you to the degree it changes your activities, then the problem isn't with everyone else.

I have not altered anything about my schedule at all. I still play games, playing Valkyria Chronicles later and frequently do so while still surfing the web. I am on my computer working on a 3D model concept of mine and in between load times(really crappy computer) I am posting on this site.

Also I actually like the debating, dialogue I frequently get into on VGchartz. It actually is pretty helpful when one of the classes I am taking right now is a Debating class. I am suppose to be practicing excercising my opinion backed up with proof and intel.  I also have a class on finding out the quality of something through qauntity of data while still weighing in tangents and irregularities.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
The_God_of_War said:

Because......it's......about.......a.....piece......of........plastic......

And I don't see the big deal, everyone has some form of bias. But complaining about it won't solve anything.

So the midia is biased against the PS3 because there are people that think that Killzone 2 isnt the best game ever ?
Jesus, grow up, please.

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

Who cares? Gaming journalism is a joke these days.

linkthe2nd said:
forevercloud3000 said:

You can't surf the internet or walk into an electronics store without hearing "some biased garbage?"

Those are something called people's opinions. We live in an age where PEOPLE are present in the world. Of course you're going to hear people talking about what they don't like and their personal experiences with it.

Yes, everyone has an opinion. It cant be helped. Yet what is getting me is that One person's opinion converts another person's opinion with lies embedded. Which then leads into that same opinion spreading like disease, along with the lies.

My ex manager said this to a customer,"360 has more games then the PS3" THIS IS TRUE, i dont care about that. Yet then he went on to say,"Don't worry about RROD, PS3 breaks way more often then the 360." LOL WHAT!!!?!?!?

This is the disease I refer to....

And what is whit h the shift of the tide? At first thread upon thread was saying that PS3 bias does not exist! NOW that I can prove it actually does within the media its "Well bias exists everywhere! SUCK IT UP!"

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Pyramid Head said:
colonelstubbs said:
Ps3 fans really have a 'us against the world' thing going on these days dont they...

That's how it is in last place.

Well, combine going from first to third, and the reality that hardcore fans of a brand take on the brand like a religion, this is the case.  This is as I posted in this thread here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=57308&page=1

Fans of systems and brands are in the realm of religion, and one knows how religion gets.