By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

Squilliam said:
I have played it, its an awesome game. It isn't some saviour or anything like that, its a simple fan-service. There have been too many good/great FPS/TPS games out this generation for anything less than a Halo CE type impact to make any real lasting effects. Unfortunately Killzone 2 is NOT that game, its a great game which will be enjoyed by most, loved by few and hated by few.

See this is what I dont understand/hate! Killzone 2 is at the least on par with games such as GoW2 and Halo 3(or maybe as majority have said that have played it, EONs ahead of them!WTFOMGBBQ!?!?!) yet for some undenounced reason it cannot be as successful as them(5-10million). This is John Landis's claim, and what seems to be yours. People like to keep pointing out the fact that the FPS genre is saturated with so many shooters. SO WHAT!? That doesnt stop CoD5, GoW2, and Halo3 from being some of the best sellers of all time. The only visible difference seems to be that it's a PS3 exclusive.

THAT bothers me...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Squilliam said:
I have played it, its an awesome game. It isn't some saviour or anything like that, its a simple fan-service. There have been too many good/great FPS/TPS games out this generation for anything less than a Halo CE type impact to make any real lasting effects. Unfortunately Killzone 2 is NOT that game, its a great game which will be enjoyed by most, loved by few and hated by few.

See this is what I dont understand/hate! Killzone 2 is at the least on par with games such as GoW2 and Halo 3(or maybe as majority have said that have played it, EONs ahead of them!WTFOMGBBQ!?!?!) yet for some undenounced reason it cannot be as successful as them(5-10million). This is John Landis's claim, and what seems to be yours. People like to keep pointing out the fact that the FPS genre is saturated with so many shooters. SO WHAT!? That doesnt stop CoD5, GoW2, and Halo3 from being some of the best sellers of all time. The only visible difference seems to be that it's a PS3 exclusive.

THAT bothers me...

5-10M is a big ask for any game. GTA IV is barely over that mark on the PS3, so its unlikely that KZ2 will sell as much. Its also the only PS3 game over that mark.

See the expectations, are they realistic? Its better to under-promise and be surprised at how good it is. Its called expectation management. The Killzone 2 hype is setting a lot of people up to look like dorks even if its an excellent game. Why throw this game up against some on the Xbox 360 when that system just sells shooters? Its like deliberately setting yourself up for failure.

Topping Call of Duty 4 at 4M sales would be massive, you should apreciate that fact.

Tease.

De85 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

I agree that the author of the article lost all journalistic integrity with his reply to the comments, but you have crossed the exact same line by saying that the only people who know what they are talking about are PS3 fans.    It's comments like those that make people dislike Sony fans, and perpetuate the type of articles and opinions that you perceive as PS3 hate.

I can't recall who, but someone here at VGC has in their sig the following quote: "Never argue with an idiot because they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."  I guess the moral is keep it civil and more people will take you seriously and respect your opinion, even if you can't convince whomever you're arguing with.  If they're really such hopeless fanboys they're probably not worth converting anyway.

I probably didn't phrase that statement correctly. What I am demonstrating is PS3 fan against 360 Fanboy, not PS3 fan to 360 fan. 360 "fans" dont argue the 360 is cheaper point so that is why they chose it becuase it is a rediculous claim(if you have also done the things that I described in that post).

I re explained myself in another post.

Greatness Awaits

I agree, the media bashes the PS3 bad, it's getting annoying, and quite sad if you ask me.

Squilliam said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Squilliam said:

THAT bothers me...

5-10M is a big ask for any game. GTA IV is barely over that mark on the PS3, so its unlikely that KZ2 will sell as much. Its also the only PS3 game over that mark.

See the expectations, are they realistic? Its better to under-promise and be surprised at how good it is. Its called expectation management. The Killzone 2 hype is setting a lot of people up to look like dorks even if its an excellent game. Why throw this game up against some on the Xbox 360 when that system just sells shooters? Its like deliberately setting yourself up for failure.

Topping Call of Duty 4 at 4M sales would be massive, you should apreciate that fact.

So it is because it is on the PS3 that it is hard to believe those kind of sales, is that what u are saying?

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network

If you are wanting to take up truth and justice in the game world as your cause be sure to tell everybody that the 360 doesn't have a 90% failure rate, or that the wii isn't only for old women and kids, or that not only Nintendo games are any good on the wii, or that 3rd parties don't sell on wii, or that all 360 games are on PC anyway so no need to get one, or any of the other B.S. lies.

You can't say that it isn't right that the PS3 has lies spread about it when EVERY SYSTEM has lies spread about it. Sad that the media loves the 360? Well make defending the wii your crusade too. And make sure all your fellow fanboys aren't spreading lies about the 360 and it's owners, like say that they are dumb with their money on some crap like that. Be sure to jump on them too. If the games industry is what you're in and you insist on being that funny smelling guy that corrects people that don't give a rats ass, at least don't be a douche about it and defend all equally.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The gaming media may be against the PS3 sometimes, but nothing next to the Wii hate we've seen since launch. Stop whining so much, the gaming media by far still likes the PS3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

forevercloud3000 said:
Squilliam said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Squilliam said:

THAT bothers me...

So it is because it is on the PS3 that it is hard to believe those kind of sales, is that what u are saying?

Only one game has reached 5M sales, and that is just barely (GTAIV). Soon there will be 6 5M+ sellers on the Xbox 360. Wheres the past precedent? You can't exactly point to a comparable game which has sold 5M+ on the PS3 because it doesn't exist. The closest example is COD IV and Killzone 2 still has to live up to that game if it has any hope of exceeding its sales.

Tease.

forevercloud3000 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

Perhaps the media wouldnt be so biased if Sony fanboys didnt brag so much before launch?

The_vagabond7 said:

If you are wanting to take up truth and justice in the game world as your cause be sure to tell everybody that the 360 doesn't have a 90% failure rate, or that the wii isn't only for old women and kids, or that not only Nintendo games are any good on the wii, or that 3rd parties don't sell on wii, or that all 360 games are on PC anyway so no need to get one, or any of the other B.S. lies.

You can't say that it isn't right that the PS3 has lies spread about it when EVERY SYSTEM has lies spread about it. Sad that the media loves the 360? Well make defending the wii your crusade too. And make sure all your fellow fanboys aren't spreading lies about the 360 and it's owners, like say that they are dumb with their money on some crap like that. Be sure to jump on them too. If the games industry is what you're in and you insist on being that funny smelling guy that corrects people that don't give a rats ass, at least don't be a douche about it and defend all equally.

When I am working I hold every system in their most truthful light. I am a salesman, I sell games. I try and sell them all equally and help customer's find the best suitable game or console for them. I do not just suggest Sony consoles every time I get the chance. I frequently sell 360s, Wiis and DSs, all the while selling PS3s and PSPs.

Greatness Awaits