By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

Regardless of bias; the "journalist" that wrote the bottom piece can't write for shit. How do these people get these jobs? Being a moron also helps, it seems.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Regardless of bias; the "journalist" that wrote the bottom piece can't write for shit. How do these people get these jobs? Being a moron also helps, it seems.

Is he really a journalist? As far as I can see the article called "stop overhyping KZ2" was written by Dan Landis, while that post which is quoted there was written by a John Landis (with a different avatar).

EDIT - btw, look at this post:

For the record, some of you commenters don’t seem to realize that John and I are two different people. You can’t quote us both as one unified voice, and I find it incredibly hilarious that so many people missed the point of John’s “rant”. I just wonder if you realize that the entirety of the Internet can see your ignorant misinterpretation of the words on this page and that intelligent people are sitting there laughing at you.

And that’s why we generally don’t swing the ban hammer. If people are going to make retarded statements, we want them to live with it. Maybe when they grow some brains they will realize just how stupid they made themselves sound.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
The gaming media may be against the PS3 sometimes, but nothing next to the Wii hate we've seen since launch. Stop whining so much, the gaming media by far still likes the PS3.

why do you have to bring the wii into this thread?

Anyway, who cares if there is hate against the Ps3 or its game. That's what happen when you were onced dominant and now suffering, people who have always wanted to bash you, take their shots. But, dont take it so seriously. It's part of the Business.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
NJ5 said:
The gaming media may be against the PS3 sometimes, but nothing next to the Wii hate we've seen since launch. Stop whining so much, the gaming media by far still likes the PS3.

why do you have to bring the wii into this thread?

Anyway, who cares if there is hate against the Ps3 or its game. That's what happen when you were onced dominant and now suffering, people who have always wanted to bash you, take their shots. But, dont take it so seriously. It's part of the Business.

As an example of what real hate from the media looks like... Not this overreaction based on a blog comment which was apparently not even written by a journalist.

No, the media isn't biased against the PS3, that is silly.

And no, you don't know better than everyone else when it comes to spending money. Your platform choice reflects on you very little as a person. That is even sillier.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

The one who wrote the bottom one and the top one are one and the same. Through his camoflauge of "Journalistic" words he was really holding a bitter fanboy inside. That fanboy was exsposed after being poked and prodded to by Sony fans on the article.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Mummelmann said:

The one who wrote the bottom one and the top one are one and the same. Through his camoflauge of "Journalistic" words he was really holding a bitter fanboy inside. That fanboy was exsposed after being poked and prodded to by Sony fans on the article.

So if two people have the same surname they're the same person?

Yes, the US media has a very bad biased and non-consistent track record (same goes for many other types of news coverages, political, economic, etc - sometimes they seem to aim for self-fullfilling prohecies regarding stock trends and such). IMO other media are in general more balanced and objective. IGN is IMO overall pretty reliable though, relatively speaking.

If you're a FPS fan, check out Killzone 2, it may result into more balanced views for PS3/Sony/whatever haters as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Squilliam said:

Only one game has reached 5M sales, and that is just barely (GTAIV). Soon there will be 6 5M+ sellers on the Xbox 360. Wheres the past precedent? You can't exactly point to a comparable game which has sold 5M+ on the PS3 because it doesn't exist. The closest example is COD IV and Killzone 2 still has to live up to that game if it has any hope of exceeding its sales.

Why I can see where your predictions derive from, your logic is flawed. Just because there has not been one does not mean there wont be one. If no games have released for a system yet does that mean that no game will ever sell over a million? NO! It just means it has not happened so far. No one just knew that Halo was going to sell 8+ million, but they knew it would be big. Same with CoD and Gears.

Killzone 2 has the content: its being said by all who have played it that it is actually better then COD,Gears,Halo combined! Beta testers of the game are in love with the game.

Its got the hype: Where Halo had massive tons of advertising in virtually every publication, Killzone has massive internet hype. While that does not have the range of TV and billboards, it does get the hardcore in the know how about it. Killzone 2's marketing campaign has yet to be seen and could be great.

To go the route of your thought process says that really great games that are better then the competition don't sell well because of the particular platform they are on instead of selling of their own merit. That is a concept I do not condone nor take part in.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

wow, this guy got attacked big time reading from the comments.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)