By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

forevercloud3000 said:

Killzone 2 has the content: its being said by all who have played it that it is actually better then COD,Gears,Halo combined! Beta testers of the game are in love with the game.

This is the kind of overhyping that leads to disappointment.  What's wrong with just saying that it's a good looking FPS that has been enjoyed by those who have played it?  When you invite these kinds of comparisons you invite the arguments that ensue. 

If you only ever have modest expectations then you'll be pleasantly surprised more often than not.  Perpetual cynics are seldom disappointed.

Around the Network

I heard killzone 2 killed jesus....I'm just saying, it's that good. I heard...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

A bit hypocritical it may seem eh...
Well how about how I argued in a thread yesterday about Killzone 2 being a direct result of PS3's hardware and Gears 2 being a direct result of 360 hardware. I was told I was wrong, that it was ONLY because of budget and talent. But, how come when Sony fans mention LBP is innovative and unique largely because of "talent" or MGS4 is largely the game it is because of the genius that Kojima is (that and also because of the PS3s hardware obviously for Blu-ray), we're told otherwise...I guess folks just can't make up their minds about PS3. Regardless Cloud, I get ur point, but I can also see why people are annoyed at this out cry from the Sony Community. I say, let's just be humble about it, accept PS3 in 3rd, and continue to love those games we're playing, and are going to be playing :)

@ Cloud

I feel your pain. 

@ CGI

I hear this garbage everytime I walk into a Gametop. It just goes on and on. I dont understand why people hate the PS3 so much. Is it jealousy?

Tifa got MOVES!

psrock said:
wow, this guy got attacked big time reading from the comments.

yea, they came down on him big time for the reasons I said in OP. Some were warranted, others.........not so much. Still, articles like his should have never come out. It pretty much is saying...

"PS3 fans should not get excited about games because they will never be as successful as 360 games"

It sort of reminds me of GI's February issue I just got in. In "The Good, The Bad,and the Ugly" section they have the fact that MGS4 has decided to stay exclusive to the PS3 for forever more that it has not done that well. Even in last gen MGS sells 3-4million. If anything MGS4 is doing better then them. It grinds my gears to hear them say such a thing.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Jinova said:

@ CGI

I hear this garbage everytime I walk into a Gametop. It just goes on and on. I dont understand why people hate the PS3 so much. Is it jealousy?

I've heard this argument a number of times recently, that some gamers are somehow jealous of the PS3. I don't get it... The PS3 is a fine system, but it doesn't have many things better than the other systems.

If someone who owns a Wii wants a PS3, they can most likely sell it used by even more money than it cost them. If they have a 360 with a bunch of games (as many gamers participating in online forums do), they just need to sell the console and a few games to get the paltry $400 that a PS3 costs...

So again, why would people be jealous?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Jinova said:

@ CGI

I've heard this argument a number of times recently, that some gamers are somehow jealous of the PS3. I don't get it... The PS3 is a fine system, but it doesn't have many things better than the other systems.

If someone who owns a Wii wants a PS3, they can most likely sell it used by even more money than it cost them. If they have a 360 with a bunch of games (as many gamers participating in online forums do), they just need to sell the console and a few games to get the paltry $400 that a PS3 costs...

So again, why would people be jealous?

I dont know if its jealousy, Im just asking. I cant understand it. Fanboys just seem to have a need to attack the "other" system. (no matter which one they own).

Tifa got MOVES!

forevercloud3000 said:
Squilliam said:

Only one game has reached 5M sales, and that is just barely (GTAIV). Soon there will be 6 5M+ sellers on the Xbox 360. Wheres the past precedent? You can't exactly point to a comparable game which has sold 5M+ on the PS3 because it doesn't exist. The closest example is COD IV and Killzone 2 still has to live up to that game if it has any hope of exceeding its sales.

Why I can see where your predictions derive from, your logic is flawed. Just because there has not been one does not mean there wont be one. If no games have released for a system yet does that mean that no game will ever sell over a million? NO! It just means it has not happened so far. No one just knew that Halo was going to sell 8+ million, but they knew it would be big. Same with CoD and Gears.

Killzone 2 has the content: its being said by all who have played it that it is actually better then COD,Gears,Halo combined! Beta testers of the game are in love with the game.

Its got the hype: Where Halo had massive tons of advertising in virtually every publication, Killzone has massive internet hype. While that does not have the range of TV and billboards, it does get the hardcore in the know how about it. Killzone 2's marketing campaign has yet to be seen and could be great.

To go the route of your thought process says that really great games that are better then the competition don't sell well because of the particular platform they are on instead of selling of their own merit. That is a concept I do not condone nor take part in.

I didn't say that KZ2 wouldn't sell 5M, but to sell that much is pretty incredible. Call of Duty IV is the best AND best selling shooter available to date on the PS3. To propose that ANY game in the same genre would sell 25% more than it is pretty outrageous in itself.

"Killzone 2 has the content: its being said by all who have played it that it is actually better then COD,Gears,Halo combined! Beta testers of the game are in love with the game."

I hope you're joking... Its a great game yes, but you're just setting Killzone 2 up to be hated by fans of those games.

The PS3 doesn't sell as much software every week as either the Xbox 360 or Wii. Since it gets just as many new release games, the potential sales for those games are much lower.

Tease.

You're presenting two quotes from less than reputable gaming websites (of which I've never heard about) with blog entries masking as 'articles' as your 'proof'?

Anyone can find a negative opinion piece on the other two systems. It's not bias, you just don't want to hear it.

Yahoo hates the PS3!

Yahoo hates the PS3!