By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

Yahoo hates the PS3!

Around the Network
Jinova said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

A bit hypocritical it may seem eh...
Well how about how I argued in a thread yesterday about Killzone 2 being a direct result of PS3's hardware and Gears 2 being a direct result of 360 hardware. I was told I was wrong, that it was ONLY because of budget and talent. But, how come when Sony fans mention LBP is innovative and unique largely because of "talent" or MGS4 is largely the game it is because of the genius that Kojima is (that and also because of the PS3s hardware obviously for Blu-ray), we're told otherwise...I guess folks just can't make up their minds about PS3. Regardless Cloud, I get ur point, but I can also see why people are annoyed at this out cry from the Sony Community. I say, let's just be humble about it, accept PS3 in 3rd, and continue to love those games we're playing, and are going to be playing :)

@ Cloud

I feel your pain. 

@ CGI

I hear this garbage everytime I walk into a Gametop. It just goes on and on. I dont understand why people hate the PS3 so much. Is it jealousy?

Why do people think that dislike=jealousy? That's so retarded, that's what you tell a six year old that gets beat up in school, that's very very very rarely how it works in real life. It's such a stupid self comforting concept. Especially seeing as how the option is open to everyone. If the 360 really is as expensive as a PS3 then clearly they could go out and just buy a PS3, so why the hell would the be jealous of something they can get at any retail store? Retarded.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

old news the net/media have been abusing the ps3 since it came out

The_vagabond7 said:
Jinova said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

Well how about how I argued in a thread yesterday about Killzone 2 being a direct result of PS3's hardware and Gears 2 being a direct result of 360 hardware. I was told I was wrong, that it was ONLY because of budget and talent. But, how come when Sony fans mention LBP is innovative and unique largely because of "talent" or MGS4 is largely the game it is because of the genius that Kojima is (that and also because of the PS3s hardware obviously for Blu-ray), we're told otherwise...I guess folks just can't make up their minds about PS3. Regardless Cloud, I get ur point, but I can also see why people are annoyed at this out cry from the Sony Community. I say, let's just be humble about it, accept PS3 in 3rd, and continue to love those games we're playing, and are going to be playing :)

@ Cloud

I feel your pain. 

@ CGI

I hear this garbage everytime I walk into a Gametop. It just goes on and on. I dont understand why people hate the PS3 so much. Is it jealousy?

Why do people think that dislike=jealousy? That's so retarded, that's what you tell a six year old that gets beat up in school, that's very very very rarely how it works in real life. It's such a stupid self comforting concept. Especially seeing as how the option is open to everyone. If the 360 really is as expensive as a PS3 then clearly they could go out and just buy a PS3, so why the hell would the be jealous of something they can get at any retail store? Retarded.

Im not saying dislike = jealousy, dont spin my words.  I just dont understand the need to force your opinions on someone else. I dont care if someone likes a certain product or whatever.  Only my opinion matters to me. But when I see people trying to convice others to think like they do, it just makes me wonder what their motivation is. Jealousy is the only thing that pops into mind, thats all Im saying. You make a good point, they can go out and buy whatever they want, I got all 3 current gen systems. Some fanboys think its hypocritical to buy "the other system" .

Tifa got MOVES!

The_vagabond7 said:
Jinova said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

@ Cloud

I feel your pain. 

@ CGI

I dont think it is jealousy either. I think it is more shame and hateraid. Shame, because initially the PS3 looked as a lost cause but made a huge turn around, slowly turning every rebutal upside down. It feels too late to turn back on what they have been trying to hype up as truth for quite some time. And Hateraid for all the ones who simply can't stand the constant press the PS3's games get. It infuriates them to have tohear about all these games that are said to be so good that they can't play. So they Hate.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Well whatever it is, its flippin annoying. Our hobby takes enough crap from mainstream media. We shouldnt be fighting with each other.

Tifa got MOVES!

noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

lol, seinfeld ftw!

only system with no hate is the 360.

Wow good for you to bring this up. But as excited as i am for this game the Hype really is getting annoying. Sure the game looks amazing for a console game but Crysis has already been there and done that as far as amazing graphics go.

And about the Halo comment no shooting game will beat the online aspect of halo for a long time to come. Everyone that has tried (except for COD 4 and WAW) have failed miserably. Until Killzone steps up and offers something much better in terms of Matchmaking it will not be better no matter how much better the graphics will be.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

What is Ripten?

It does not take a lot to set up a video game website these days.
This is the first I have heard of this one. That does not make it meaningless or meaningful. But it probably means that it is not on a lot of people's radar.

I am sure if you scanned the Internet you can find biased statements against games from any console purporting to be news.

That being said, the piece to which the OP referred seems to be speaking more about forums than news. For example, the offending N4G article is actually a link to a blog posting.

This is much ado about nothing.

Mike from Morgantown

If you want to see bias -- check out the range of reviews on Wii Music.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV