By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

The_vagabond7 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

yea, so if we close our eyes and pretend it does not exist it will just go away, right? /sarcasm

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

Because it's not racism, it's a fucking videogame system. If you said "Zune sucks" to your buddy at the mall and some stranger walked up and lectured you for ten minutes on the strengths of the zune and how the ipod is just high marketed garbage you and you're buddy would think that guy is a moron with no life. Unless of course you just love your zune so much you'd argue for half an hour about it. In which case replace "zune" with some other product you use day today with no emotional attachment, and "ipod" with it's competitor. Product loyalty to that extent is a companies wet dream, but completely idiotic on an individual scale. When Companies see stuff like this all they hear is "I'm a tool, charge me for more microtransactions and I'll defend it to the death!!!"

No one is relating it to racism. This is a video game forum, I am talking about video game issues that effect video games. So what is the issue? Console's deal with video games do they not? They are all tied together and this a place to discuss such things.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Don't they teach you what straw man means in debate classs?

forevercloud3000 said:
linkthe2nd said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

You can't surf the internet or walk into an electronics store without hearing "some biased garbage?"

Those are something called people's opinions. We live in an age where PEOPLE are present in the world. Of course you're going to hear people talking about what they don't like and their personal experiences with it.

Yes, everyone has an opinion. It cant be helped. Yet what is getting me is that One person's opinion converts another person's opinion with lies embedded. Which then leads into that same opinion spreading like disease, along with the lies.

My ex manager said this to a customer,"360 has more games then the PS3" THIS IS TRUE, i dont care about that. Yet then he went on to say,"Don't worry about RROD, PS3 breaks way more often then the 360." LOL WHAT!!!?!?!?

This is the disease I refer to....

And what is whit h the shift of the tide? At first thread upon thread was saying that PS3 bias does not exist! NOW that I can prove it actually does within the media its "Well bias exists everywhere! SUCK IT UP!"

If you notice THOSE kind of idiotic comments when you enter a store.... I think it's time to move. Countries. I have NEVER heard anything remotely as stupid as that.

This 'disease' isn't spreading as fast as you think really. Lots of the bias against the PS3 is actually called for. I don't think anyone can deny that the high price was a mistake. It's simply criticisms the companies need in order for them to improve their products.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

forevercloud3000 said:
linkthe2nd said:
forevercloud3000 said:

You can't surf the internet or walk into an electronics store without hearing "some biased garbage?"

Those are something called people's opinions. We live in an age where PEOPLE are present in the world. Of course you're going to hear people talking about what they don't like and their personal experiences with it.

Yes, everyone has an opinion. It cant be helped. Yet what is getting me is that One person's opinion converts another person's opinion with lies embedded. Which then leads into that same opinion spreading like disease, along with the lies.

My ex manager said this to a customer,"360 has more games then the PS3" THIS IS TRUE, i dont care about that. Yet then he went on to say,"Don't worry about RROD, PS3 breaks way more often then the 360." LOL WHAT!!!?!?!?

This is the disease I refer to....

And what is whit h the shift of the tide? At first thread upon thread was saying that PS3 bias does not exist! NOW that I can prove it actually does within the media its "Well bias exists everywhere! SUCK IT UP!"

...You should never watch a car salesmen at work then.

Again, "educating" consumers that don't ask for it is called "obnoxious crazy guy with no life". Who cares if the guy at EB is a moron? This reminds me of a topic I think last christmas where a poster hung out at wal-mart to tell people about how much of a better deal it is to buy a PS3 than a stand alone blu-ray player. WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? If anybody came up to me in a store and told me what I should be buying without working there, I would roll my eyes and tell the jack ass to get lost and me and my wife would talk about what a loser that guy must be if he's pushing a product that he not being paid to. It's insane. You need to stop this before you become one of those loser guys that normal well adjusted people mock at Best Buys and Gamestops everywhere. Don't tell me you where a trench coat and have awkward unnecessary facial hair too? Do you where axe body spray? If so It might be too late already.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

colonelstubbs said:
Ps3 fans really have a 'us against the world' thing going on these days dont they...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vidkun_Quisling 

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:

...You should never watch a car salesmen at work then.

Again, "educating" consumers that don't ask for it is called "obnoxious crazy guy with no life". Who cares if the guy at EB is a moron? This reminds me of a topic I think last christmas where a poster hung out at wal-mart to tell people about how much of a better deal it is to buy a PS3 than a stand alone blu-ray player. WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? If anybody came up to me in a store and told me what I should be buying without working there, I would roll my eyes and tell the jack ass to get lost and me and my wife would talk about what a loser that guy must be if he's pushing a product that he not being paid to. It's insane. You need to stop this before you become one of those loser guys that normal well adjusted people mock at Best Buys and Gamestops everywhere. Don't tell me you where a trench coat and have awkward unnecessary facial hair too? Do you where axe body spray? If so It might be too late already.

LMAO at bolded!

There is no escaping gaming when you work in a game store(gamestop) and go to school for.....gaming.  I know what consumers are thinking, i deal with them on a regular basis, that means I also know what kind of nonsense is being injected into them from lies, propaganda, and bias. I dont want to escape it, I want to correct it.

Greatness Awaits

I have played it, its an awesome game. It isn't some saviour or anything like that, its a simple fan-service. There have been too many good/great FPS/TPS games out this generation for anything less than a Halo CE type impact to make any real lasting effects. Unfortunately Killzone 2 is NOT that game, its a great game which will be enjoyed by most, loved by few and hated by few.

Tease.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Cloud

A bit hypocritical it may seem eh...
Well how about how I argued in a thread yesterday about Killzone 2 being a direct result of PS3's hardware and Gears 2 being a direct result of 360 hardware. I was told I was wrong, that it was ONLY because of budget and talent. But, how come when Sony fans mention LBP is innovative and unique largely because of "talent" or MGS4 is largely the game it is because of the genius that Kojima is (that and also because of the PS3s hardware obviously for Blu-ray), we're told otherwise...I guess folks just can't make up their minds about PS3. Regardless Cloud, I get ur point, but I can also see why people are annoyed at this out cry from the Sony Community. I say, let's just be humble about it, accept PS3 in 3rd, and continue to love those games we're playing, and are going to be playing :)

^This

@CGI

I said even in my OP that I kind of agree about the effects of excessive hype and the rabid Sony community(although I dont think many posters read past my title).

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but....there is a reason that PS3/Sony fans are the loudest. We are the ones who actually know what we are talking about and doing with our money.

When I argue that most people who bought a 360 have spent way over the PS3's initial price tag, many have no comeback. Its true. 360's price points are a scam, majority 360 owners know this and have come to terms with it. They have the 360 for the game selection, understandable and a good claim to have.

Now I understand that some of us are EXTREMELY rabid and a bit fanatical about it. Out of control even. Yet most of that is due to the treatment of PS3 fans by media and 360 fans in the first year of it's release. PS3 fans are coming back armed and ready in every forum across the internet because they/we are tired of taking bias flack from everyone.

I agree that the author of the article lost all journalistic integrity with his reply to the comments, but you have crossed the exact same line by saying that the only people who know what they are talking about are PS3 fans.    It's comments like those that make people dislike Sony fans, and perpetuate the type of articles and opinions that you perceive as PS3 hate.

I can't recall who, but someone here at VGC has in their sig the following quote: "Never argue with an idiot because they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."  I guess the moral is keep it civil and more people will take you seriously and respect your opinion, even if you can't convince whomever you're arguing with.  If they're really such hopeless fanboys they're probably not worth converting anyway.

Another rabid thread, PS3 hate grows la la la la just a typical day on vgchartz.

If the entire gaming community turns against you, its only because threads like this would have earnt their scorn in spades.

Tease.