By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Proof that the Media is biased against the PS3!

forevercloud3000 said:
And why are so many talking about the the media being biased agaist the Wii, gamecube, and nintendo? DUH! We all know this(well some of us do, others will refute this). Yet the Wii, gamcube, etc is not the topic of this thread. I am simply talking about the PS3 bias that many seem to like pretending does not exist.

And someone stated in an earlier post in this thread(don't remember who, sry) that Sony fans are the loudest because they don't know what it's like to be in last place seeing as SONY dominated from their first day of entry. I AGREE!

I have never experienced anything like this before this gen. How an actually good product can be reviled and tormented to the point of extinction.

I am sorry for not ever noticing what was being done to gamecube fans of old and beyond. It was not warranted when it was happening to them, it is not warranted now. Does that mean just sit back and watch? No!

......wow.  I can't even take you seriously.  Is this a joke? (I'm not being a jerk this is an honest question)

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
The media is even more biased against the wii. Making the 360 the PS2 of this generation, the media darling that they all love. Tough luck, but you're not experiencing anything Gamecube owners or Xbox owners didn't last generation. Sony fanboys are the loudest because they don't know what it's like to not be the top dog. When people aren't praising your machine up and down like they've done for the past fifteen years you think it's a gross injustice. How many sites considered the N64 a kiddy system? And wrote about it ALL THE DAMN TIME. Get over it.

You do realize that Nintendo formally adopted a more Kiddy style approach with the N64? Hell the went public about it in 03 when they announced they would be focusing more on family oriented titles. The fact that Nintendo is on top right now (dont get me wrong Im glad they found they're A game again) with nothing but Shovelware and only a handful of good and great titles you can see why alot of sites have classified it as an inferior and family-only system. I would like to see in 09 what they bring to the table or is everyone going to be dissappointed in their presentation at E3 and other conventions.

Xbox owners last gen didnt really complain as much as PS3 owners this gen mainly because MS was about creating new IPs to support their system which everyone loved (God Jade Empire and Kotor were BRILLIANT) now MS is just throwing their money around in an attempt to do nothing but destroy Sony

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I wish PS3 fans would stop bitching about bias. I'm more of a PS3 fan than anything else, but it's got to stop.

Anyway, this guy is a childish, unprofessional little prick if he allows Killzone fanboys on the interwebz to get to him that much.

ShadowSoldier said:
The_vagabond7 said:
The media is even more biased against the wii. Making the 360 the PS2 of this generation, the media darling that they all love. Tough luck, but you're not experiencing anything Gamecube owners or Xbox owners didn't last generation. Sony fanboys are the loudest because they don't know what it's like to not be the top dog. When people aren't praising your machine up and down like they've done for the past fifteen years you think it's a gross injustice. How many sites considered the N64 a kiddy system? And wrote about it ALL THE DAMN TIME. Get over it.

You do realize that Nintendo formally adopted a more Kiddy style approach with the N64? Hell the went public about it in 03 when they announced they would be focusing more on family oriented titles. The fact that Nintendo is on top right now (dont get me wrong Im glad they found they're A game again) with nothing but Shovelware and only a handful of good and great titles you can see why alot of sites have classified it as an inferior and family-only system. I would like to see in 09 what they bring to the table or is everyone going to be dissappointed in their presentation at E3 and other conventions.

Xbox owners last gen didnt really complain as much as PS3 owners this gen mainly because MS was about creating new IPs to support their system which everyone loved (God Jade Empire and Kotor were BRILLIANT) now MS is just throwing their money around in an attempt to do nothing but destroy Sony

I second this. Jade Empire rocks.

Another thing I'd like to add is that when ps2 had 70+% marketshare last gen, ps2 owners weren't demanding 3rd party xbox exclusives like panzer dragoon orta, KOTOR, Elder Scrolls, Ninja Gaiden etc. Yet this gen, because of an 8 million lead, all you hear about is how X 3rd party ps3 exclusive should be on 360 (speaking of mgs4 especially). Funny that with the 360 having "the best games", its owners still clamor for  titles from the system that has "no games" lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

BenVTrigger said:
forevercloud3000 said:
And why are so many talking about the the media being biased agaist the Wii, gamecube, and nintendo? DUH! We all know this(well some of us do, others will refute this). Yet the Wii, gamcube, etc is not the topic of this thread. I am simply talking about the PS3 bias that many seem to like pretending does not exist.

And someone stated in an earlier post in this thread(don't remember who, sry) that Sony fans are the loudest because they don't know what it's like to be in last place seeing as SONY dominated from their first day of entry. I AGREE!

I have never experienced anything like this before this gen. How an actually good product can be reviled and tormented to the point of extinction.

I am sorry for not ever noticing what was being done to gamecube fans of old and beyond. It was not warranted when it was happening to them, it is not warranted now. Does that mean just sit back and watch? No!

......wow.  I can't even take you seriously.  Is this a joke? (I'm not being a jerk this is an honest question)

50/50

but  what is so outrageous in my claim?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
BenVTrigger said:
forevercloud3000 said:

50/50

but  what is so outrageous in my claim?

Its not that I think you shouldn't love your system of choice.  If you wanna love PS3 go for it.  It is after all an awesome system.  I just don't see how you can have that much of a brand loyalty to a chunk of plastic you stick a disk into is all.

The_God_of_War said:
I wish PS3 fans would stop bitching about bias. I'm more of a PS3 fan than anything else, but it's got to stop.

Anyway, this guy is a childish, unprofessional little prick if he allows Killzone fanboys on the interwebz to get to him that much.

yea, so if we close our eyes and pretend it does not exist it will just go away, right? /sarcasm

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:

yea, so if we close our eyes and pretend it does not exist it will just go away, right? /sarcasm

Someone please explain to me why I should stop complaining about it if it keeps on happening. I cannot surf the internet or walk into a electronics store withought hearing some biased garbage.

If this kind of thing bothers you such that you notice it everywhere, then the problem isn't with everyone else. I believe the condition is known as paranoia.

@BenVTrigger
I have an insatiable fetish for sleek black high tech technology. And as I said I plan on going into the gaming business once I graduate college(its my major) and the gaming world that is right now is not the kind of environment I want to be making games in. Can you not understand my disgust with it all?

Greatness Awaits

Quit whining. Really. All the systems have bias against it if you want to see it that way.
PS3 for its pricepoint. (Believe it or not, it's STILL more expensive than an average xbox setup)

Wii for being "Kiddy"

Xbox for its failure rates.

They're all faults and bitching about how the media is "biased" isn't gonna stop solve, or prove ANYTHING.

But btw, if its enough for the general media to be 'biased' against a product, something's wrong.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.