By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

I cant wait for this Game the Demo is awesome I've played it like 20 times already.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
the demo is amazing, i pre-ordered the game after 1 playthrough of the demo

Very good.

Now, play through it another 10 times, experimenting with control schemes, HUD, Crosshair and subtitles. Try it once in German, just to hear the hilarious Nazi Helghast, try for the semi-auto rifle from the guy on the roof, and try to get to the turret from the ship. I still need to do that last one.

This demo has more replay value than any other demo I've ever played. Partly because it's so awesome.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
SciFiBoy said:

Very good.

Now, play through it another 10 times, experimenting with control schemes, HUD, Crosshair and subtitles. Try it once in German, just to hear the hilarious Nazi Helghast, try for the semi-auto rifle from the guy on the roof, and try to get to the turret from the ship. I still need to do that last one.

This demo has more replay value than any other demo I've ever played. Partly because it's so awesome.

hven't used the turrent yet?  noob.

j/k =)

http://gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/55B5B2D8-F710-4974-97AB-DAD54767C8FB.htm

Game Informer just gave it an 8.75, it's 8.8 on metacritic.

it got pulled down from 93 by that Edge review. I am kinda worried about M$ paid review sources sabotaging the Metacritic score. Also really pi**ed about some of the anti KZ2 threads that keep popping up on this site. There seems to be a bunch of people trolling the internet looking for the slightest negative review or opinion about the game and promptly posting a thread about it. If you look now there are actually more anti threads currently running then pro ones. Talk about the anti hype!

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

Well I went a reserved it so I could play the demo, got tired of waiting.

I like it, but I'm not blown away by it. I'm not going to judge a whole game on 10 minutes, but it plays almost exactly like COD4, but much much much prettier. That's not really a bad thing, who doesn't like COD4? But it didn't feel even remotely new.

The graphics are fantastic but inconsistent. I was very impresses by the texture work, I walked up to a metal wall in the warehouse and unlike most games, the texture looked sharp even right up against it. But that can't be said of all the textures, they are kind of uneven. The Two big boxes in the ware house with the straps all across them are very pixely and the shadows vary from smooth to very pixelated depending on what they run across. It's nit picking really, because the game obviously looks great. But it just shows that as good as it looks there is still alot to improve on in the future.

The controls only bothered me for a few minutes, and then I adjusted the sensitivity and was fine. I tried the COD controls, but the addition of the cover system and the need to press a stick to look out and then press a button to bring up the sights make it seem a bit harder sense you have to hold L2, L1, move the Left stick, and the right stick at the same time. So having sights assigned to the right stick makes a bit of sense and I ended up going back to it on second play through. I start up lag is kind of annoying, but I stopped noticing after the first few minutes and now I don't really notice it unless I stop to think about it. Just takes some adjustment, we'll see how it feels in multiplayer.

I'm very excited for it, but playing the demo reinforces my belief that I am buying it for the multiplayer aspect moreso than the single player, and Fear 2 for the single player more so than the multiplayer. Hope to see you guys online when the day comes, very close now.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The most amazing official thread ever:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14730463&posted=1#post14730463

BruceLeeRoy has trumped even his own MGS4 thread.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Hey on the official playstation killzone 2 forums their saying that 2 Million preorders are confirmed. GG actually replies in that forum and they reply A LOT. They havn't denied the 2 million preorders but i couldn't find them confirming it either. Is there any way to actually confirm this cause I have a feeling it's just a lot of fanboy spouts. I want the game to do extremly well but 2 million preorders O_o sheesh....kinda hard to beleive

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Kantor said:
SciFiBoy said:

Very good.

lol my thoughts precisly, ive never played a demo so much before.

i finially got the semi rifle from the rooftop inside warehouse.

i also love shooting the gas canisters to make them spin round its great.

ive actually got some decent playtime from the demo, full game will be awsome indeed.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...