By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

Did I judge the quality of Bioshock on the demo? That demo does no Justice for it . No, A demo is a work in progress of the final version and is only a taste of the final version. Like Uncharted and many other games (Valkyria Chronicles), the demo never does the full game justice, and to think so is silly.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
terislb said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Also, some of those flaws (which most people who complained about it, complained about the controls), might be ironed out in the retail version, like added polish to the textures for instance. Personally, the controls were a learning curve, not a setback. People are just going to have to adjust.

well yes you are right that arent really big "flaws" more trivialties really ,what i was  talking about was.. the way the game handles its single player campaign.. apparently you will learn as little about the backstory and the hellghast as in killzone 1 which is a shame because the helghast have been established as such a potentially interesting faction unlike the generic cannon fodder you are used to in a fps ..and  if you dont learn more about them on their own homeworld its a shame ,and that its going to be  the black and white setting of good vs evil again not a assumption but something i read in a review by people who.. usually can be trusted t obe accurate

well i dont care about the hellghast as long as they die when i shoot them.. you may say.. but what i mean is the game looks good but the story is so much wasted potential

Have you read the histories on Killzone.com?  The Killzone Universe is by no means black and white.

And from what I've heard, both Templar and Sev will have mixed feelings about whether the invasion of Helghan was jusitfied (though overall it'll probably be presented in the game like your typical shooter story).

I highly recommend reading the stories on Killzone.com. The Helghast might not sound so bad afterall.

HGH fo' life! Die, ISA scum!

now i want to play as isa even less. too bad none of that was in the game and ihad to read it of the website... a few bits of information like in bioshock .. would have been nice.. but oh well

reading this i dont expect a satisfying ending of the game. storyline.

i wonder if guerillia came up with all this from the start.. i mean you think you play the good guys vs the bad guys.. it turns out your faction is even worse.. . is that some insightful comment on politics

damn you now you actually got my hopes up for the storyline ..curse you if  i get disappointed again

LOL i just experienced an awesome bug, when i got to the warehouse there were no enemies there and i could just keep on walking into the door. And the demo didnt end, lol. There's no enemies however.

terislb said:
makingmusic476 said:
terislb said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Also, some of those flaws (which most people who complained about it, complained about the controls), might be ironed out in the retail version, like added polish to the textures for instance. Personally, the controls were a learning curve, not a setback. People are just going to have to adjust.

well yes you are right that arent really big "flaws" more trivialties really ,what i was  talking about was.. the way the game handles its single player campaign.. apparently you will learn as little about the backstory and the hellghast as in killzone 1 which is a shame because the helghast have been established as such a potentially interesting faction unlike the generic cannon fodder you are used to in a fps ..and  if you dont learn more about them on their own homeworld its a shame ,and that its going to be  the black and white setting of good vs evil again not a assumption but something i read in a review by people who.. usually can be trusted t obe accurate

well i dont care about the hellghast as long as they die when i shoot them.. you may say.. but what i mean is the game looks good but the story is so much wasted potential

Have you read the histories on Killzone.com?  The Killzone Universe is by no means black and white.

And from what I've heard, both Templar and Sev will have mixed feelings about whether the invasion of Helghan was jusitfied (though overall it'll probably be presented in the game like your typical shooter story).

I highly recommend reading the stories on Killzone.com. The Helghast might not sound so bad afterall.

now i want to play as isa even less. too bad none of that was in the game and ihad to read it of the website... a few bits of information like in bioshock .. would have been nice.. but oh well

i wonder if guerillia came up with all this from the start.. i mean you think you play the good guys vs the bad guys.. it turns out your faction is even worse.. . is that some insightful comment on politics

damn you now you actually got my hopes up for the storyline ..curse you if  i get disappointed again

Well, the Helghast aren't really the good guys either.  Sure, they got royally screwed by the UCA/ISA, but Visari had no right to start reeducating people and killing off those who disgreed with his ideals, nor did the Helghast have the right to invade Vekta and start mass murdering the people.  Visari even planned to capture Earth eventually, and leave it's peoples to starve!

But the Helghast are badass. HGH for life!

makingmusic476 said:
terislb said:
makingmusic476 said:
terislb said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Well, the Helghast aren't really the good guys either.  Sure, they got royally screwed by the UCA/ISA, but Visari had no right to start reeducating people and killing off those who disgreed with his ideals, nor did the Helghast have the right to invade Vekta and start mass murdering the people.  Visari even planned to capture Earth eventually, and leave it's peoples to starve!

But the Helghast are badass. HGH for life!

yeah i also read that part... but after going through all the story pieces one cant really feel much sympathy  with earth starving for its greed and stupidity... but that wont happen anyway because its going to be all sunshine and rainbows for isa at the end of kz2 again

anyway looking forward to see you guys on multiplayer to kick some isa ass

Around the Network

im off work for 3 weeks, killzone releases day after i go back to work DAMN

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Uuh, re-read what I last posted, "I'm done", means I am not furthering the issue, which I didn't bring here in the first place. Look closer...

OT: After playing the demo one more time last night, I still find the controls (on default setting), to be quite satisfying.

of course you are.. thats why i dont see how my last post is related to yours : D

A review with video of in-game menu.

http://www.consolegaming.eu/review.php?id=49

Cant wait for KZ2!!

Kantor said:
terislb said:
Kantor said:
terislb said:

im sorry CGI i didnt mean to bash anyone.. whati mean to say is ... if you think this is perfect... you dont know about the games that are even better.. and thats why you should never call something "the best" unless youve seen them all..which ..in most cases is very difficult to do unless you have a lot of time /money or emulators on your hand

Never said it was perfect. I just said it's the best FPS I've ever seen.

Now, if I don't have this time/money/these emulators, I can only judge based on the FPS games I've played (or played a demo of):

Counter Strike

CS Condition Zero

CS Source

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

Medal of Honor: European Assault

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

Unreal Tournament III

Battlefield: Bad Company

Haze

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (currently the best full game)

Left 4 Dead (second best full game)

If you count BioShock, I would have to put that at the top, CoD4 in second and L4D in third. KZ2 seems to be about par with BioShock quality, which is damned good. Based on the full game, I can decide whether it's better or not as good as BioShock.

So, right now,

1) BioShock, Killzone 2

2) CoD4

3) L4D.

I haven't played a lot of FPS, I know. I owned three FPS in my >30 games on PS2.

now sir dont be mad.. its not my intention to fuel the fire between "lolz kz2 sucks" and "its the best game in the history of evar" what i want is people to be less absolute ..if a game is "only" very good lets call it that and not nitpick about it only because i own the other console .. or in the other extreme give it too much praise and overlook its flaws because i only own that console

i didt not mean to insult you or hurt your feelings.. you just seemed to represent the other extreme of giving it too much praise despite its flaws

as for your list.. i have no problem calling it the best you have played so far : )

if i may humbly suggest a few other games for you to try you can get most of them for both the pc and the ps2

half life (1) + opposing forces , deus ex , the mercenaries (1!) , system shock 2 , unreal tournament ,quake 2 , fear ( the sequel will be released in a few days) the chronicles of riddick .while most of them look very outdated by todays standards.. their gameplay is still fun if you can give it a chance ..especially system shock 2 . if you enjoyed bioschock you should try that one

Mercenaries isn't an FPS, there's no way I'd be able to find Half Life anywhere ever, I have Deus Ex, don't know why I haven't played it, System Shock 2...hmm, again I'd never find it, UT...no thanks, Quake 2...no thanks, FEAR 2 put me off FEAR, The Chronicles of Riddick just looks weird.

I'm sure Half Life could be better, but it's only fair to compare this to console FPS, right? And my statement still stands. KZ2 is set to be the best FPS I have ever played.

Ok, now you got my attention. Forget Killzone 2, play Deus Ex! If you have it now, play it. Of course the AI, physics, and graphics in no way could compare with Killzone 2 (as I already mentioned, no game could), however Deus Ex is an incredible game with a great story, and my personal favorite of all time. BTW play the Windows version, I heard the PS2 version is terrible.