By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

well sir.. you can get a used copy of half life for the ps 2 for a shmashing £1.00 on amazon : ) .as for mercenaries yes its no fps.. it was just a ...bonus suggesttion since its so much fun ..as for deus ex.. you should really give it a try.. dont be intimidated by the first level it gets only better after that

system shock 2.. well it is kinda hard to find.. it costs a arm and a leg on ebay. and amazon has a used copy for £19.99

i think there used to be a demo.. i give you a message on your wall if i find one

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Also, some of those flaws (which most people who complained about it, complained about the controls), might be ironed out in the retail version, like added polish to the textures for instance. Personally, the controls were a learning curve, not a setback. People are just going to have to adjust.

well yes you are right that arent really big "flaws" more trivialties really ,what i was  talking about was.. the way the game handles its single player campaign.. apparently you will learn as little about the backstory and the hellghast as in killzone 1 which is a shame because the helghast have been established as such a potentially interesting faction unlike the generic cannon fodder you are used to in a fps ..and  if you dont learn more about them on their own homeworld its a shame ,and that its going to be  the black and white setting of good vs evil again not a assumption but something i read in a review by people who.. usually can be trusted t obe accurate

well i dont care about the hellghast as long as they die when i shoot them.. you may say.. but what i mean is the game looks good but the story is so much wasted potential

terislb said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ terislb

Also, some of those flaws (which most people who complained about it, complained about the controls), might be ironed out in the retail version, like added polish to the textures for instance. Personally, the controls were a learning curve, not a setback. People are just going to have to adjust.

well yes you are right that arent really big "flaws" more trivialties really ,what i was  talking about was.. the way the game handles its single player campaign.. apparently you will learn as little about the backstory and the hellghast as in killzone 1 which is a shame because the helghast have been established as such a potentially interesting faction unlike the generic cannon fodder you are used to in a fps ..and  if you dont learn more about them on their own homeworld its a shame ,and that its going to be  the black and white setting of good vs evil again not a assumption but something i read in a review by people who.. usually can be trusted t obe accurate

well i dont care about the hellghast as long as they die when i shoot them.. you may say.. but what i mean is the game looks good but the story is so much wasted potential

Have you read the histories on Killzone.com?  The Killzone Universe is by no means black and white.

And from what I've heard, both Templar and Sev will have mixed feelings about whether the invasion of Helghan was jusitfied (though overall it'll probably be presented in the game like your typical shooter story).

I highly recommend reading the stories on Killzone.com. The Helghast might not sound so bad afterall.

HGH fo' life! Die, ISA scum!

CGI-Quality said:
@ madskillz

You have a funny way of twisting people'e words around, you need to calm down, it really isn't that serious. I didn't say you weren't entitled to your opinion, but if you take anything anyone says to you as an attack, which I made CLEAR that it wasn't, then maybe you shouldn't post in the forums. I'm just saying, who cares if KZ2 isn't as, in your words, as groundbreaking as Bioshock, Mass Effect or COD4, even though, I think what Killzone 2 is doing is more groundbreaking than COD4 but that's another thread. The reviews, for the most part, speak good of the game. Let the game come out before we preach about what's "groundbreaking" about it or not. Just relax dude.

Relax? Am I angry? Who called whom out? Maybe you should re-read your post. I stated my opinion on KZ2 and really don't care if you agree or not. But alas - I have no reason whatsoever to be angry over a game or a console. I would never, ever be that petty. Dude - it's a game.

Take what you think of the game and $5 and get a Vente cup of java from Starbucks.

You misread my words. If you see anger in my words, it's because you have wished it there.

Reading comprehension goes a very, very long way.

ROTFL.

if both of you dont see a point in this argument why not stop?

Around the Network

mad guy, who do you review games for, anyway?

here is a live stream of the game: http://www.justin.tv/ve3tromedia

the ones who doesnt want to be spoiled shouldnt watch it.

No console FPS has done anything new since GoldenEye popped out back in 97. The only thing that has gotten new is the graphics, AI behavior, and online modes.

Halo, COD 4, HL2, KZ 2, and all the FPS bigwigs play very similar and follow similar templates to the best console FPS in 1997.

You really cant advance FPS much other than graphics, online, AI. KZ 2 does try something new with the weight and momentum movement of your character, but GE sort of did have that with the gun bobbling and weaving at your movement.

But who cares, as long as the game is excellent?

20 days!

Sorry ignor this post, theres supposed be a video here