By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

madskillz said:
windbane said:
Reasonable said:
windbane said:
madskillz said:
I played it - three times - and think it will be a good game. However, as enamored as folks are, I am not impressed. It's like most shooters I have played. The demo locked up twice for a few seconds. The visuals weren't that stunning. It seemed a bit out of focus - like a lense with crap and mudspots on it. Maybe it is the way it looks in war.

There are a few demos I have played and enjoyed the demo. Each demo really sells me or leaves me hanging. Unless Sony sends me a review copy or I find it for under $25, I won't be picking this up soon.

consider me shocked.

It's his subtelty that I like. It's also fun to try and guess what his post would be if the title was a 360 title.

Hey, at least he's thorough by saying he played it 3 times.  I'm sure Sony is in a hurry to send him a review copy...

Haha. You make me laugh. Being honest - and we've gotten most Sony games - LBP, a couple copies of SOCOM - so I'll get it. If it was a 360 title, it would have gotten the same treatment.

Just because someone has a different impression than you doesn't make it wrong.

Seriously, what is just so awesome about it? It's a good game - and if demos are supposed to influence a person - what did it do different that COD: WaW didn't do? The detail in the faces in WaW was leaps and bounds better than "KZ2."

I saw nothing earth-shattering about "KZ2" and the 360 - only mentioned by both of you - was nowhere in my impression.

EDIT: Tell you what - create a thread about "Kill Zone 2" and only allow positive reviews if you don't want folks voicing their opinions.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you should expect that pretty much everyone will disagree with it, because on the "Killzone 2 is not awesome" side, there are people like you who genuinely don't like it, and then there are haters. They outnumber you about 100:1.

Now, what I thought was earth shattering about Killzone 2:

-It looked miles better than WaW. Motion blur, awesome level design, great animations.

-The AI was brilliant. Smartest I've ever seen. They know when to fire, when to grenade, when to turn tail and run before I pump their backs full of bullets.

-The controls felt a lot more natural than most FPS games, especially on Standard 1. The recoil felt good, and the extra weight was refreshing.

-It was gory. Shoot an enemy, they bleed. Shoot a can, it also bleeds

-The lean and peek cover system worked perfectly. L2, Up, R3, fire.

-The aiming was actually better than CoD4, because it was worse. Hard to explain. But it's nice to have an FPS that doesn't hold your hand while you aim.

Not to downplay CoD4, it's a great game, but I think it's been copied enough. We need a new game, a different game, a template, and Killzone 2 is it.

But of course, I am not allowed to like the game yet, because it's still "hyped" and I can only genuinely like it in June, apparently.

It's worth mentioning that I saw R2 as an 8.8 title right from the beginning. This pwns R2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Hater Disliker arguments against Killzone 2:

-Mediocre like the first one
-Control issues

Only two? MGS4 had just the one, but that was a powerful one.

Keep trying guys, keep trying

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

your enthusiasm is cute and all. but stop using phrases like "the best ive ever seen" or " perfect" the game isnt perfect... its good yes but so are a lot of other games , so if you want people to actually care about what you say you have to heed a degree of realism.. sure i would want it to be perfect but that i want it doesent mean it is no matter how fiercely i defend that opinion. and if you go on how good /bad something is ..when it obviously isnt people stop caring about what you say ..... and if you now tell me that you dont care about what i/others think.. then whats the point of stating your opinion in the first place

so for instance the remark about the best ai ... yes it is fun.. and i felt reminded of the time when i played half life ...i loved to replay a situation over and over again seeing the enemy soldiers react differently each time ..but if you have been playing only a few games of the genre so far that doesent mean much .. .

you know ...dont take this personaly .. al ot of people of the 3 different current gen consoles do it.. its good if you like the game but dont lead a crusade against anyone who disagrees . it gets all relative once you lived through a few console generations

Anyone here playing cod 5??

Added a few more reviews, and mostly to keep this thread in my hot topics list

Around the Network

im sorry CGI i didnt mean to bash anyone.. whati mean to say is ...  if you think this is perfect... you dont know about the games that are even better.. and thats why you should never call something "the best" unless youve seen them all..which ..in most cases is very difficult to do unless you have a lot of time /money or emulators on your hand

Kantor said:

-Control issues

The only control issues I have with the demo is that there is no way to remap Crouch/Cover off of L2, and there is no "Crouch Hold" option like there is with Look Hold.

Kantor said:

-Control issues

stop tying to be a fanboy! There are many more reasons why KZ2 sucks! The weapons are bouncy, the characters are fat, te game is too realistic, 5-point-scale reviews don't count! So pls try to present all the facts.

lol!

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Three weeks to go!!

why cant GG give us a surprise and release the damn game today! I hate GG!!!!!

Initiating social expirement #928719281