By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

Soriku said:
leo-j said:
I wonder...can they actually make these new controls work with other games? Like say god of war.. gran turismo and more? If so, and this can be added to the ps3 easily(usb ports) then thy might have something going for them.

Lol, you wish Now leo-j wants GoW w/ Wii controls? And GT? Seriously, if you want MCs, buy a Wii, or you can stay with that rip-off gimmicky SIXAXIS and maybe this.

Did you just say the six axis is a rip off gimmick?

mM
Around the Network

*laughs at how Ckmlb and Hus are the only two trying to spin this as being a good thing*

Yeah, that was inflammatory and rude, but you both deserve it. This idea is stupid. Why anyone would defend this is just unfathomable. Sony fans should be appalled by the sheer level of polarization this is going to create in comparison between the Wii and consoles that try to do the same thing, third party or not. I mean, as if the Six Axis wasn't a bad enough black eye, now you're letting a third party put a bandaid on the problem?! The PS2's underbase is just going to compound the matter too, not help it, unless you're hoping the sheer statistical volume of consumer stupidity in such a large underbase will somehow make this bad idea a success in which case that would only spell trouble down the road for Sony's quality if future third party bandaid ideas like this were to be pursued for the PS3. Does the sheer appeal of possibly, somehow, hurting the Wii's success really warrent walking down this path blindfolded?

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

leo-j said:
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
I wonder...can they actually make these new controls work with other games? Like say god of war.. gran turismo and more? If so, and this can be added to the ps3 easily(usb ports) then thy might have something going for them.

Lol, you wish Now leo-j wants GoW w/ Wii controls? And GT? Seriously, if you want MCs, buy a Wii, or you can stay with that rip-off gimmicky SIXAXIS and maybe this.

Did you just say the six axis is a rip off gimmick?

That he did.

And that it is.  I won't say it's "gimmicky", but I would absolutely agree it was a ripped-off idea.

PS3: 5.51m/51w, avg 108,039/w (up 239)
360: 12.93m/102w, avg 126,764/w (up 625), leads PS3 by 7.42m (up 70k), avg lead 18,725/w (up 386)
Wii: 13.52m/51w, avg 265,098/w (dn 1,102), leads PS3 by 8.01m (up 90k), avg lead 157,059/w (dn 1,341)

If 360 sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass 360 by...
01/08: (008w) +875.8%, 04/08: (021w) +344.4%, 07/08: (034w) +219.3%, 10/08: (047w) +163.5%
01/09: (060w) +131.8%, 04/09: (073w) +111.4%, 07/09: (085w) +098.1%, 10/09: (099w) +086.7%
If Wii sales stabilize, PS3 sales increases needed to pass Wii by...
01/08: (008w) +1072.%, 04/08: (021w) +498.4%, 07/08: (034w) +363.4%, 10/08: (047w) +303.1%
01/09: (060w) +269.0%, 04/09: (073w) +246.9%, 07/09: (085w) +232.6%, 10/09: (099w) +220.3%
If PS2 sales freeze, Wii sales increases needed to pass PS2 (as of Mar07, 108.4m) by...
2008: (008w) +4373.8%, 2009: (060w) +0496.5%, 2010: (112w) +0219.6%, 2011: (165w) +0116.9%
2012: (217w) +0064.9%, 2013: (269w) +0033.1%, 2014: (321w) +0011.5%, 2015: (376w) -0004.8%
At +0% it will pass it in 358w, the week ending September 19th, 2014, at an age of 409w (7y44w).
Current age of PS2: 7y37w.

Last update: Week ending November 3, 2007

WiteoutKing ... you take the cake for HUGE SIGNATURES

Soriku said:
Yes, the WR is the real deal, SIXAXIS = Rip-off-gimmick (lol new word) It's not a rip-off of a gimmick, it's a rip-off that is a gimmick.

..the six axis has bluetooth..wii doesnt use bluetooth you move 6 or 7 feet away from the system you lose connection, you move 20-25 feet away from tv the ps3 controller is still connected.

six different directions can be sensed at the same time making the six axis a better option for racing games.

Soriku you are obsessed with the wii, you said it would sell 20 million by end year.. you said ps3 wont even hit 5.5million...wow.

mM
Around the Network

@Leo-J. Wii actually does use Bluetooth, do your fucking homework. And only you, only you would in any way try and spin Six-Axis as being a good thing. Dear God.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

leo-j said:
Soriku said:
Yes, the WR is the real deal, SIXAXIS = Rip-off-gimmick (lol new word) It's not a rip-off of a gimmick, it's a rip-off that is a gimmick.

..the six axis has bluetooth..wii doesnt use bluetooth you move 6 or 7 feet away from the system you lose connection, you move 20-25 feet away from tv the ps3 controller is still connected.

six different directions can be sensed at the same time making the six axis a better option for racing games.

Soriku you are obsessed with the wii, you said it would sell 20 million by end year.. you said ps3 wont even hit 5.5million...wow.

While I don't completely agree with Soriku's slander of the Six Axis, Leo, you are completely wrong on this. The Wii remote does use blue tooth, and it can sense those same six directions, as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_remote

Relevant text:

The controller communicates wirelessly with the console via short-range Bluetooth radio, with which it is possible to operate up to four controllers as far as 10 meters (approx. 30ft) away from the console.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_freedom

The Wii can do all of that as well, obviously.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Sporticus said:
@Leo-J. Wii actually does use Bluetooth, do your fucking homework. And only you, only you would in any way try and spin Six-Axis as being a good thing. Dear God.

I think it's a good thing. It's not perfect, but neither is the Wii Remote. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Like most other posters in this here thread, I have serious doubts that this will be anything more than a flop. I can only name one third-party add-on that had any sort of success this past generation (the Guitar Hero controller), and people only plunk down money for that because the games are so awesome. In fact, I can't name a single other third-party console add-on EVER that has had similar success to the GH controller; most of them are horrible flops, gimmicks, and quick cash-ins.

What people fail to understand is that the Wii Remote is successful because there's an entire console, with a 4-5 year lifespan ahead of it, geared exclusively toward that specific control system. Unless Sony were to, at the very least, bundle these motion-sensing doohickeys with a PS2, they'll never take off.

So, yep. After this Christmas, we'll have one more failed gadget to add to the pile of junky third-party console accessories.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

leo-j said:
Soriku said:

The Wii Totally uses bluetooth. If it doesn't, then my Bluetooth adapter and GlovePIE Are working via magic. and stays connected AT LEAST 30 feet away. I went OUTSIDE, Through Brick walls, accross the STREET, and it still worked. BTW, The Wii Remote Uses Accelorometers. SIXAXIS uses Gyroscopes. Which do you think is more sensitive?