By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28074/Wii-style-controller-to-hit-PS2

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

Around the Network

3d party cashing in on PS2 massive user base, if they play it smart they could make a killin.

The games – which include Realplay Tennis, Realplay Pool, Realplay Golf, Realplay Racing, Realplay Bowling and Realplay Puzzlesphere – are made for use with wireless controllers that emulate tennis rackets, pool cues, golf clubs and steering wheels, amongst others.

See, Nintendo was smart. They didn't try to pass these all off as seperate games - for $29.99 each, no less.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ugh, not only is it an add on peripheral, but it's a third party add on peripheral.

Third party controllers suck (no exceptions) and I'm sure this thing will not only flop but deservedly flop.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Hopefully they will release a good PS3 implementation as well. Playing Wii-style PS2 games upscaled on the PS3 would be nice, but having the best of both worlds, PS3-level game complexity + Wii-mote style controls would offer greater potential, technically!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

No good will come of this.Waste of time and money.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Separate peripheral for each game.... So for multiplayer PS2Tennis you would need a $129 ($99 for christmas?) a $30 Tennis Game w/one controller, and figure they might sell extras for $20 (unlikely). Never mind the other games.

Even if you already own a PS2, it's still $50-60 to play one piece of Wii Sports.

Any kid/teenager/grandmother who gets this instead of the Wii for xmas will be very mad.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

LOL, what a joke :)

A Wii would cost less than all the games put together. And notice everyone - its 30 POUNDS (i.e. about $50AU) per game.

Good luck to them - all its going to do is push more people towards the Wii.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

They talk about Christmas but the motion sensing itself is still in development. I have to imagine this isn't making it in time for Christmas '07.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I'll wait until Leipzig to see what this is really about, but i think it will flop =P

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"