By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

Crap.

Around the Network

A 3rd party peripheral like this with that kind of price? Well, the publisher is going to make money with this, just because of large userbase of PS2.

Shit. When i saw the headline, i thought Sony is going to release the peripheral and i was wondering, that is Sony slowly giving up on PS3.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Everyone knew it was coming at some point... The bigger question is: When will Microsoft and/or sony produce a first party peripheral with wii-like controls? It's coming --- who knows when -- and it will be a controller bundled with a game for standard next-gen price... It's only a matter a time.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Some kids will get their Xmas ruined.
"Bohoho, mommy. I said a Wii, I wanted a Wii".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Yeah, this isn't going to do much. It's a third party accessory that you have to buy separately. There will a few games for it, they may or may not be cool, and then there will a maximum two games per year using these accessories.

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
Some kids will get their Xmas ruined.
"Bohoho, mommy. I said a Wii, I wanted a Wii".

At least  it won't be very many kids...

Sorry Hus, but this is a stupid idea that will bomb hard.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

This could have been done right for a big impact, but it was done wrong and will probably have zero impact at all.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I read an analyst article on about a month ago. It was about how sony should respond to the Wii's sucess. In the article, it said sony's WORST POSSIBLE MOVE would be to add a motion sensing control to the ps2, because it would
1. bomb
2. make sony look desperate
3. essentailly force sony to acknowledge that the wii is a great idea
4. ultimaltly hurt the ps3

Well, it isn't Sony doing it so the latter 3 comments don't hold true. But also, since it isn't Sony doing it, it'll probably make #1 even more true.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Honestly, regardless of who produced this, the most likely outcome of producing a quality (well supported) Wiimote for the PS2 would be to sell the Wii concept to PS2 owners. An add on like this will end up with less than 20 games developed for it, of which most will be third-rate poorly developed concept games. If someone plays a golf game and likes it they may start to wonder what Tiger Woods Golf would be like using this type of set-up; guess who has the only version of Tiger Woods Golf that would use this type of technology?

Even if people think this is crap they're probably far more likely to blame the game than they're to blame the Wiimote technology because they have heard how well it has been implemented by Nintendo.