By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty: When will it end!

mtofu said:
Vetteman94 said:
KylieDog said:
I do laugh at people saying CoD: WaW and TreyArch suck. Then go on to say how great Cod4 and Infinity Ward are.

WaW is CoD4 reskinned with some small impovements and co-op added. If WaW sucks then so does CoD4. Infact CoD4 would suck even worse since it doesn't even have co-op.

Thats exactly why it sucks, its the same game with a different color palette.  If they would have started from the ground up like IW did with COD4 and made a completely different experience then it might have been a good game.  And co-op doesnt make a game great.

I'll be interested to see if IW really does build their next CoD from ground up like they did for MW.

In any case, CoD:MW (on PS3) really hurt my stomach. Halo 3 also hurt my stomach. WaW hurt my stomach but I ended up sticking it out and now I'm completely hooked.

If KZ2 doesn't take over my life (it probably won't because no one I know plays FPS on PS3), I'll probably get the next CoD for the 360.

I play all my FPS games on PS3 except the 360 exclusives

Around the Network

@Vetteman: Apparently the strategy was to make CoD4 for WW2. I don't think it was that much the choice of the developer as it was publishers. So i think people are barking at the wrong tree.
There basically are two markets in FPS games, the other wants WW2 games and the other wants more like the futuristic/modern ones. Making basically the same game for both, can be seen as maximising the profits.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Vetteman: Apparently the strategy was to make CoD4 for WW2. I don't think it was that much the choice of the developer as it was publishers. So i think people are barking at the wrong tree.
There basically are two markets in FPS games, the other wants WW2 games and the other wants more like the futuristic/modern ones. Making basically the same game for both, can be seen as maximising the profits.

I'll agree with that.

And I do like WWII games, I just thought MW took the game in the right direction, and WAW was a sidestep not a another step to take the game ahead of all other FPS games.

I predict atleast one COD game will be something along the lines of "Future Warfare" in terms of what will be displayed. Not talking about handling robots and such, but about possible wars in the near future with some more advanced weapons yet keeping it realistic.

The COD series has too much ammo in terms of storylines to develop and bring forth. This series won't be ending anytime soon.

For COD to stay on top they will have to innovate, the modern warfare twist was smart made me appreciate world at war more, but at one time medal of honor was unstoppable but you cant keep pumping out sequels without innovation.

The Nazi zombie mode is nice start wish it had more houses and modes but got to admit was a great addition to the game

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
Flame said:
My god i had no idea CoD:W@W sales were at 4mil on 360. Americans loves their shooters XD.

I am American and I hate CoD

I love WWII but I don't like Call of Duty games at all.

I want a WWII open world/sandbox shooter.