By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty: When will it end!

toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
Shadowblind said:

Damn its like the Final Fantasy of the shooter industry o_0

that would be halo...

You see those numbers. Call of Duty is bigger than Halo.

yeah but if halo was released on ps3 it would be bigger than cod...

I'm not sure if I'd agree. Call of Duty is on Wii, PSP, and DS. Not to mention that CoD4 and WaW are both going to pass Halo 3.

Fine, if halo was on every system cod was on then it would outsell it....agreed?

Its possible i will say that, but in my case I would have just got it for the PS3 and not on the 360 so it would still only be one sale.  And I'm sure there are others that would have done the same.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
Shadowblind said:

that would be halo...

I'm not sure if I'd agree. Call of Duty is on Wii, PSP, and DS. Not to mention that CoD4 and WaW are both going to pass Halo 3.

Fine, if halo was on every system cod was on then it would outsell it....agreed?

Its possible i will say that, but in my case I would have just got it for the PS3 and not on the 360 so it would still only be one sale.  And I'm sure there are others that would have done the same.

But most people arnt ps360 owners....that would mean it would be available to many more people and not hurt the sales of the other platform...

KylieDog said:
I do laugh at people saying CoD: WaW and TreyArch suck. Then go on to say how great Cod4 and Infinity Ward are.

WaW is CoD4 reskinned with some small impovements and co-op added. If WaW sucks then so does CoD4. Infact CoD4 would suck even worse since it doesn't even have co-op.

Thats exactly why it sucks, its the same game with a different color palette.  If they would have started from the ground up like IW did with COD4 and made a completely different experience then it might have been a good game.  And co-op doesnt make a game great.

toastboy44562 said:
Vetteman94 said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
Shadowblind said:

that would be halo...

But most people arnt ps360 owners....that would mean it would be available to many more people and not hurt the sales of the other platform...

But any person who has more than 1 console and gets it for the other console would instantly hurt its sales on the 360, just like the example I gave you.   The Halo franchise is most recognizable on the Xbox brand, so really only they care about it as well.  I doubt to many Wii/DS only owners would care about it,  I could be wrong though.    So it might see a small increase but not to much.

Vetteman94 said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
outlawauron said:
toastboy44562 said:
Shadowblind said:

that would be halo...

I agree with this guy, those saying Halo 3 would sell more COD games if it were multi-plat are talking out there ass. There are many people with both consoles and you choose the game for one system, you cannot do that with an exclusive. COD WAW is at 6M with PS3 and 360, it will beat Halo 3 numbers soon enough.

Around the Network

@Vetteman: If they had done it, it would be CoD5, which obviously isn't Activision-Blizzards strategy with the IP.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Vetteman: If they had done it, it would be CoD5, which obviously isn't Activision-Blizzards strategy with the IP.

I know,  but I imagine that IW is doing a ground up job on MW2. Just to try and squeeze more out of the 360 and PS3 then they did with COD4.  Treyarch did a ground up job on COD3, it was extremely different then COD2 on 360.  And I thought it worked great, which is why I own it.  So why not the same with WAW,  I mean they didnt even attempt to hide the fact that it was a direct copy.

I used to play COD:WW a lot, its a good game and all but the only thing I complain about World at War is the weapons they don't have or carry that punch like in COD4.

Also World at War plays differently than COD4, World at War is more stealthy and strategic when Cod4 is more straight up in your face shooter..

I like the part of killing Nazis Zombies, you have to love that part, in overall World at War its a hit and a blast for those who like shooting with old school weapons but still even if I play World at War which I like a lot I still have to go back to COD4 to complete my satisfaction..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Make sure you don't buy it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Vetteman94 said:
KylieDog said:
I do laugh at people saying CoD: WaW and TreyArch suck. Then go on to say how great Cod4 and Infinity Ward are.

WaW is CoD4 reskinned with some small impovements and co-op added. If WaW sucks then so does CoD4. Infact CoD4 would suck even worse since it doesn't even have co-op.

Thats exactly why it sucks, its the same game with a different color palette.  If they would have started from the ground up like IW did with COD4 and made a completely different experience then it might have been a good game.  And co-op doesnt make a game great.

I'll be interested to see if IW really does build their next CoD from ground up like they did for MW.

In any case, CoD:MW (on PS3) really hurt my stomach. Halo 3 also hurt my stomach. WaW hurt my stomach but I ended up sticking it out and now I'm completely hooked.

If KZ2 doesn't take over my life (it probably won't because no one I know plays FPS on PS3), I'll probably get the next CoD for the 360.