By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo 3: ODST, The Counduit or Killzone 2?

I'm for Conduit. The fact that its on Wii (I hate playing FPS with something else than mouse+keyboard or wiimote).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
irstupid said:
The conduit becuase others offer nothing new besides better graphics over other games I have played on those systems.

Alright.

The Conduit is the most generic game on that list and it's probably right up there on most other lists. If it were on any other console it would be completely ignored. I doubt HVS would have even found someone willing to publish it by now.

Shows how desperate you guys are for shooters, but this has been pretty obvious ever since I heard people saying that crappy MOH PSP port was actually a good game.

How is Killzone 2 any less generic than The Conduit?  I would think that the storyline's of both are hardly mind-blowing, so I don't see Killzone winning it their.  If it's because of graphics and physics, then I would think The Conduit's controls might set itself apart from almost all other games.

Also, you mentioned (I think it was you) that Killzone scope aiming is affected by how much one's hand is moving: The Conduit (and, unavoidably, all other Wii FPS's) have this feature.

I think someone mentioned the cover system of KZ2.  It's where you can lean around a corner, right?  MOH:H2 has this already.  Perhaps The Conduit will, too.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Parokki said:
Barozi said:
Parokki said:
Hmm... the way the question is phrased, I'm going to have to go with Conduit. Anyone who has played the previous Halo games has a very good idea of what ODST it like, and Killzone 2 looks pretty sure to be a slightly better Resistance 2 with less colour, but wether or not Conduit is any good is still a mystery.

I smell fail

I'm not saying it as a bad thing or anything. You can look at it this way: we know it's going to be good! Bungie know how to make good shooters, and we've certainly all played our share of them. I'm kinda interested to see how they handle turning the protagonist into "just" a regular non-cyborg supersoldier while making it possible to take on Elites, but it's not like there's a chance of the game being bad or anything, and the overall style is bound to be pretty close to the other Halo games.

Well it's an open world FPS without Masterchief and with more tactical elements. Doesn't sound like Halo to me.

Conduit for sho!

Well, since I only own a Wii, I'd have to go with the Conduit. As long as it's fun to play with others then I'm sold (shame that it doesn't offer splitscreen...).

Still, I have all consoles available in my apartment, so I'll probably rent KillZone 2 and ODST when they come out. It's a shame I'm terrible at playing FPS' on dual analogue controllers. Lord have mercy as I'm slaughtered from the get go.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Well it's an open world FPS without Masterchief and with more tactical elements. Doesn't sound like Halo to me.

So...its a Metroid Prime rip off? I dont know much of the game so correct me if im worng.

Voltaire said:
Barozi said:

So...its a Metroid Prime rip off? I dont know much of the game so correct me if im worng.

Haven't played a 3D Metroid game, so I can't answer that correctly. I keep hearing Metroid Prime games are First Person Action Adventures, so I guess it's not a rip off, because I'm sure ODST will be a 100% FPS

halo 3 odst by light years

Voltaire said:
Barozi said:

i havent played the 1st 2 but i dont recall metroid prime 3 being open world... i only played it a day before angrily tossing it to the side for a few months and then recently selling it so maybe im wrong but i remember just going from level to level fighting former colleagues from my pirate ship thingy when they turned evil

Barozi said:
Voltaire said:
Barozi said:

Haven't played a 3D Metroid game, so I can't answer that correctly. I keep hearing Metroid Prime games are First Person Action Adventures, so I guess it's not a rip off, because I'm sure ODST will be a 100% FPS

Well in Prime games, you have an open world and you explore it to find items to explore places you couldnt before.

But if this Halo game is to be a FPS in an open world, ill assume its just without seperate levels? All blended in?