By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - At what point is it game over for the PS3?

1.) Can the PS3 still overtake the X360?

If you answer 'Yes' move on to 1b, if 'No' move onto 2.

1b.) If so... how large does the X360's lead have to be over the PS3?

2.) If it already is game over for the PS3, at what point (X360 lead of 5mn, 5.5mn, 6mn, 7mn) was it over?

Around the Network

1. Yes.
1b. Didn't understand the question.

I'm not touching this with a 40 foot pole...since I know how this is going to end...

Former something....

I thought Sony said they just want to be profitable and don't care about console races? From all the PR I've seen in the past it looks like M$ is in the race by them self.

It is game over for the ps3 when the 15 mysterious planets align in a straight path and refract the light from the sun.

This effect will cause you to see  a picture of jesus when you close your eyes.

That is the sign of game over for the ps3.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Jesus F***ing christ, not this again.

No there is no game over for it until next gen kicks in.

I will say this for the last time. The PS3 is still getting games and increasing its installed base over time.

For it to be game over for the PS3 it has to stop selling and stop getting games. Neither is happening.

I see sales going up and I see RE 5, SF IV, KZ 2, Fight Night 4, LOTR Conquest, Uncharted 2, FF 13, FF 13 Vs, GoW III, The Witcher, and many more games coming out of the PS3 sooner or later.

OMG AGAIN!!! Someone Grab Teh pop-corn!!

"$600 PS3" seems about the right time... but seriously just Wait for KZ2... just wait....wait for it.. when you wait you'll see...

*Sits back and waits for the (Grabbing Popcorn replies)*

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o