By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - F.E.A.R. 2 or Killzone 2

disolitude said:
vlad321 said:

I'll go by the history behind the developers:

Monolith- Blood, Tron 2.0, NOLF series, FEAR 1, Condemned, and the best for last, AVP2

GG- Shellshock: Nam '67, Killzone 1, and.......... GG indeed....

I mean seriously.... why don't we just pit Blizzard vs. Flasgship Studios here?

LOL. Well played indeed...Dont forget Killzone Liberation on PSP for GG. You got to wonder, with 2 mediocre killzone games already made, why is Sony pushing this franchise still.

I am not one to try to persuade others to get a game but Id be getting FEAR 2 even if I had only a PS3. Killzone 2 id wait for reviews as GG is quite an unproven dev studio. Blowing 60 million on a game doesnt make it good.

FEAR 2 will no doubt be awesome...

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believeable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009.

(From Metacritic)

Yeah, I'm going with Killzone 2.

And if we're going to make lists, how about EA vs. Team ICO? Who has made more games? Who has made more great games?

And yet whose game would you buy?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

For God's sake, just because Killzone was mediocre doesn't mean that Killzone 2 will be bad!

Look at GTA! GTA2 was average at best, GTA3 is one of the best sandbox games ever made!

And it already has a perfect score, so a 70 on metacritic isn't exactly likely...

OPM gave Killzone a 4/5, and Killzone 2 a 5/5. They gave Uncharted a 4/5. So no, they're not overrating it because it's a Sony console exclusive.

But fine, wait for IGN's 9.6 or so.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

im getting K1LLZØN£ 2 FTW!!!

Both :)

Fear 2 looks pretty awesome and Killzone 2 is just jaw droppingly gorgeous.

I wish Killzone 2 was on the PC though, I hate playing FPS without keyboard + mouse. :(

Fear 2 for me. Loved the first one. Can't say the same about Killzone.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network

Possibly killzone 2? but I'll wait until the reviews come in. I may get FEAR 2 but not initially.
Why are people trying to argue which will be the better game? this thread was mainly about which one you were getting? one, none, or both?
If you don't own a ps3 then you really shouldn't be in this thread because you have nothing to add. If you do own a ps3 and don't think you'll get killzone 2 and/or FEAR 2 then simply say so. No need to get into a pointless argument over which will be better based on previews/reviews/past games or w/e. Wait till you played them to decide for yourself, reviews aren't always spot on :).

Kantor said:
For God's sake, just because Killzone was mediocre doesn't mean that Killzone 2 will be bad!

Look at GTA! GTA2 was average at best, GTA3 is one of the best sandbox games ever made!

And it already has a perfect score, so a 70 on metacritic isn't exactly likely...

OPM gave Killzone a 4/5, and Killzone 2 a 5/5. They gave Uncharted a 4/5. So no, they're not overrating it because it's a Sony console exclusive.

But fine, wait for IGN's 9.6 or so.

They didn't rate the original Killzone.  That was a different magazine.  The current US OPM was founded near the end of 2007.

You can find a list of their ratings here:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/sitedetails.asp?siteid=1556

Looking at high profile ps3 games, their Uncharted review is around 9% below the average, their MotorStorm 2 review is around 22% below the average, their Resistance 2 review is around 7.5% below the average, their Gran Turismo 5 Prologue review is .1% above the average, their Siren: Blood Curse review is around 7.5% below the average, and their Socom review is around 4.4% above the average.

FilaBrasileiro said:
disolitude said:
@FilaBrasileiro

Not usually. However neither killzone games released thus far justify the hype Killzone 2 is getting.

So you do call a game mediocre even though it is fun. I see the logic.

---------------------Fun Meter-----------------------------

<--Boring---------------------Distracting-----------------------Entertaining-->

^                                 ^

GG                           Monolith

The only reason GG is slightly above simply Distacting is because Liberation was on a portable system so it was good for trips. I never peopped it open if I was home however which means it wasn't as fun as say..... Link to the Past or Golden Sun (which I played even if I was home and had all the gaming stuff right there).

Anoher thing people forget is that FEAR was an FPS first and foremost. Yeah it had horror elements which were hit or miss (scariest event in any game for me happened in FEAR) but that doesn't mean it had AI which is STILL better than most shooters' AI even 3 years later, making firefights extremely engaging. Also, while it did not look great at a first glance, its firefights were gorgeous (still are pretty damn good) because the effects they put in really brought each one to life. The clouds of smoke or shower of sparks when bullets don't hit the people, the electricity arcs when you shoot a lamp or a fuse box, everything really added to the epic feel of firefights. It was also a really nice change in FPSs where everything was about shooting aliens or soldiers with your gun and moving on, FEAR added that horror element in it as well and definitely helped out the game a lot. I need my Alma fix....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Probably I will get both of them, but 1st choice is K2

This thread need some serious bets between users.

Anyway I bet that Killzone 2 will have an better metacrit score than FEAR 2!

Some people who want to join the bet?

The loser(s) can't use the letter 's' for a week and have to use the letter 'Z' What ya think?