By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - F.E.A.R. 2 or Killzone 2

tedsteriscool said:
I loved F.E.A.R. way back when on PC but F.E.A.R. 2 looks mediocre compared to the first game so...Killzone 2 for me.

The original 18 minutes of gameplay they had looked and felt just like FEAR at its finest (you know... when Alma did something you REALLY didn't expect). I also liked the FEAR story a whole bunch, especially the parts revealed in the last 2 levels. Man... my jaw dropped when I heard some of those recordings.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

FEAR made me go meh. and I actually enjoyed Killzone 1 simply because those goddamn Helghast near the end of the game take like 25 headshots and still won't go down.

I'll take both. Though FEAR 2 will definitely be on the PC.

Please...

Killzone 2

vlad321 said:
makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:
makingmusic476 said:
Killzone 2.

I've actually played it, and it is awesome.

Have you played FEAR 2? I mean...can't really make the call if you havent played both if you are going to use the "I played the game...its awesome" argument. What if the other one is more awesome-er?

That statement is geared towards the "Geurrilla Games made Killzone 1!  Killzone 2 will suck!" guys.

You know.... back when I first played Hellgate:London at the very beginning of the closed beta I thought the game would annihilate everything because it was Half-Life + God of War + Diablo II, quite very literally those 3 games combined with just about all their mechanics. Yeah..... we saw how well that ended up...

Therefore we just go by what the developers have done not by what they say or show will be. Monolith is just 1 good solid franchise away from being on equal footing with VALVe, and GG has only made mediocre games at best so far. I mean honestly... how can this be even under discussion?

I know what I played, and I loved every minute of it.

I've also read the generally glowing impressions from the singleplayer preview back in December (when journalists played through the first 6 of 10 levels).

I've also read multiple posts on neogaf from people who have review builds of the game, all of whom have given the game as much sheer praise as they can without breaking NDAs.

Because of all this, I am quite excited about the game.  Yes, GG's past games weren't so hot, but developer's have made turnarounds in the past.

Around the Network

F.E.A.R. 2 (PC) when I have money and finish enough of my current games. Dunno about Killzone 2. I'd have to check it out at a friend's or something to decide if I like it.

disolitude said:
vlad321 said:

I'll go by the history behind the developers:

Monolith- Blood, Tron 2.0, NOLF series, FEAR 1, Condemned, and the best for last, AVP2

GG- Shellshock: Nam '67, Killzone 1, and.......... GG indeed....

I mean seriously.... why don't we just pit Blizzard vs. Flasgship Studios here?

LOL. Well played indeed...Dont forget Killzone Liberation on PSP for GG. You got to wonder, with 2 mediocre killzone games already made, why is Sony pushing this franchise still.

I am not one to try to persuade others to get a game but Id be getting FEAR 2 even if I had only a PS3. Killzone 2 id wait for reviews as GG is quite an unproven dev studio. Blowing 60 million on a game doesnt make it good.

FEAR 2 will no doubt be awesome...

Killzone Liberation is way better than Killzone 1, but I don't think you have played either....

As far as Killzone 2 goes I was in the beta and it is the best FPS I have ever played online, I do not need to wait for reviews, I'll wait for reviews for FEAR 2 though.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Here's the real answer.

F.E.A.R. managed to become one of the most interesting, and best FPS' early on in the Xbox 360's library, where it maintains that rank to this day. Its campaign easily beats Halo 3's and stands undisputed where FPS is concerned on HD consoles, discounting the king of kings, TOB, which doesn't deserve mentioning(It's far beyond everything, including this conversation). Of course this is just my opinion but hell....it is MY opinion, so that's all that needs saying. Most of you have never even played the game, which makes my opinion even more valid, but now I'm just gloating.

Killzone 1 was a mediocre romp through a Halo emulation. Again, most of you have never actually played the game....mostly because of reviews, but I digress.

Now, Killzone 2 is obviously at least a little overhyped. All exclusives are. F.E.A.R. 2, however, has managed to squeeze itself under the radar for the most part. Which game will be better, we have no clue.

However, one thing is very probable.

F.E.A.R. 2, in all likelyhood, will exceed your modest expectations.

Killzone 2 couldn't live up to them in a million years.

So F.E.A.R. 2 has something going for it, at least.....besides the fact that F.E.A.R. is one of the best games this generation.

Yeah people were hyping the living shit out of Afrika, Killzone 2 beta exceeded my expectations so how couldn't it live up to them in a million years?

vlad321 said:
makingmusic476 said:
disolitude said:
makingmusic476 said:
Killzone 2.

I've actually played it, and it is awesome.

Have you played FEAR 2? I mean...can't really make the call if you havent played both if you are going to use the "I played the game...its awesome" argument. What if the other one is more awesome-er?

That statement is geared towards the "Geurrilla Games made Killzone 1!  Killzone 2 will suck!" guys.

You know.... back when I first played Hellgate:London at the very beginning of the closed beta I thought the game would annihilate everything because it was Half-Life + God of War + Diablo II, quite very literally those 3 games combined with just about all their mechanics. Yeah..... we saw how well that ended up...

Therefore we just go by what the developers have done not by what they say or show will be. Monolith is just 1 good solid franchise away from being on equal footing with VALVe, and GG has only made mediocre games at best so far. I mean honestly... how can this be even under discussion?

Have you played Killzone Liberation? Or Killzone 1 for that matter?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Here's the real answer.

F.E.A.R. managed to become one of the most interesting, and best FPS' early on in the Xbox 360's library, where it maintains that rank to this day. Its campaign easily beats Halo 3's and stands undisputed where FPS is concerned on HD consoles, discounting the king of kings, TOB, which doesn't deserve mentioning(It's far beyond everything, including this conversation). Of course this is just my opinion but hell....it is MY opinion, so that's all that needs saying. Most of you have never even played the game, which makes my opinion even more valid, but now I'm just gloating.

Killzone 1 was a mediocre romp through a Halo emulation. Again, most of you have never actually played the game....mostly because of reviews, but I digress.

Now, Killzone 2 is obviously at least a little overhyped. All exclusives are. F.E.A.R. 2, however, has managed to squeeze itself under the radar for the most part. Which game will be better, we have no clue.

However, one thing is very probable.

F.E.A.R. 2, in all likelyhood, will exceed your modest expectations.

Killzone 2 couldn't live up to them in a million years.

So F.E.A.R. 2 has something going for it, at least.....besides the fact that F.E.A.R. is one of the best games this generation.

Considering that plenty of Halo fans will admit that the campaigns were never really the good part of the series, is easily beating Halo 3's campaign supposed to be impressive? If Halo 3 had a good campaign with multiplayer that's as bad as F.E.A.R.'s, it'd probably be exacly where F.E.A.R. is now: a partially forgotten game.

While F.E.A.R. was good, it felt like just another one-time play game: it's great the first time around, but then there's really not much any surprise or horror left the 2nd time around considering that the game relies alot on Alma's ocassional pop-ups to "scare" the player. Characters that had potential to make the game's storyline more interesting often die from some random Alma-related death that made no sense. It almost looks like F.E.A.R. 1's ending was purposely made bad to make room for F.E.A.R. 2.

The only reason I kept playing F.E.A.R. was because I modded it up after I beat it on PC - I couldn't possibly stay interested in the game without making some changes.

Anyways....why Killzone 2 vs. F.E.A.R. 2? Because they both have the number 2? Try RE5 vs. F.E.A.R. 2:  both are multiplat campaign-based games with a horror theme.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link