By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 faster than Vista, leaps XP in single bound

disolitude said:
thekitchensink said:
Sounds promising, but it could be too little, too late. Apple has completely demolished Microsoft's public image.

I dont think I agree. Anyone with half a brain will laugh at those mac commercials but at the same time will understand its just Apples propaganda in hoping you will buy their product instead.

In any case, most of the money MS makes is for business clients. It will be a long long time until you see a non windows product in offices and server rooms ...unless you are talking graphic designers or similar offices.

You have to admit though, they were somewhat charming for the first while.

Anyway, this news makes me happy. It's not that I hate Vista, I just simply thought it was unnecessary.

Around the Network
goddog said:
good for them? they can beat an os originally out in what 01?

they need a complete reboot with a fresh kernel, bundle an emulator in the new os for a few years then kill off the old windows kernel it will be better for them, better for all users and it will fix the problem with constantly trying to patch an os with major legacy issues

I still can't believe that we're in 2009 and Windows still uses the horrible REGISTRY, someone that had tried W7, is this piece of crap still on W7???

Clearly, Microsoft isn't going anywhere anytime soon. All I meant by my post was that, since this is talking about how much more stable/efficient this is than Vista, it'll be hard for Microsoft to get the message out that they are stable and make good OS' again.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
The Anarchyz said:
goddog said:
good for them? they can beat an os originally out in what 01?

they need a complete reboot with a fresh kernel, bundle an emulator in the new os for a few years then kill off the old windows kernel it will be better for them, better for all users and it will fix the problem with constantly trying to patch an os with major legacy issues

I still can't believe that we're in 2009 and Windows still uses the horrible REGISTRY, someone that had tried W7, is this piece of crap still on W7???

they havent removed it .... think of windows 7 as a rebranding, and fixed up vista, because thats what it is, given more realistic spec requirements , and fixed major complaints. registry will be there until they abandon this archaic kernel and foudation with legacy out the wazo 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Registry is an archaic and cumbersome concept.

Around the Network
Star Scream said:
Registry is an archaic and cumbersome concept.

at this point im expecting them to rename it and hide it before addressing the issue 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I would say the key feature for fighting Apple is the supposidly modular nature of Windows 7. That means OEMs like Dell etc can better compete with the system level integration that apple has with its OS and especially their laptops and desktop ranges.

Tease.

disolitude said:
thekitchensink said:
Sounds promising, but it could be too little, too late. Apple has completely demolished Microsoft's public image.

I dont think I agree. Anyone with half a brain will laugh at those mac commercials but at the same time will understand its just Apples propaganda in hoping you will buy their product instead.

In any case, most of the money MS makes is for business clients. It will be a long long time until you see a non windows product in offices and server rooms ...unless you are talking graphic designers or similar offices.

you only make fun of your competition when you feel threatened.

apple  knows the only way to succesfully get its computers into people living rooms is to mock nthe competition.

and frankly its sad. apple should actually debate the differences between the two rather than just trash talking...

hello how are you.

I've been using the Windows 7 alpha for the past month now. Even in that stage it completely smokes Vista in every conceivable way, and runs almost as stable as XP. This sucker is, bar none, the best thing ever to come out of MS.

Unfortunately, registry is still in there.

I'm not a hardcore gamer.  I'm not a casual gamer.  I'm a gamer.

i still use XP, ill only upgrade when i have the cash and to the OS that supports my PC gaming the best