By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 faster than Vista, leaps XP in single bound

Infamy79 said:
bardicverse said:
The key is to making stable drivers out of the box. Good driver support early on will win over the masses.

Vista drivers will work with W7 the same way 2000/XP drivers did

Gotcha. I wonder if that will apply to actual software too.. As how most Win2k apps worked on XP with no issues. Will Vista apps work on Windows 7?

Around the Network
disolitude said:

That...or he could see if Windows 7 supports xp drivers and if not, he could just have an XP partition on his hard drive while using XP for other things.

Ive never seen someone try to sell macs with every post they make...

Yeah, because apple would get some dollars from him using a friend's for this as I suggested, right?

Cherry picker.

For the record, since sony didn't update the windows usb drivers who knows wether they'd have updated the windows firewire drivers, that's why I suggested using a mac.

But hey, you only read what you want to read.

edit: that avatar sounds familiar, aren't you the guy that got owned in a few mac vs pc threads a few months ago? Hah!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
disolitude said:

That...or he could see if Windows 7 supports xp drivers and if not, he could just have an XP partition on his hard drive while using XP for other things.

Yeah, because apple would get some dollars from him using a friend's for this as I suggested, right?

Cherry picker.

For the record, since sony didn't update the windows usb drivers who knows wether they'd have updated the windows firewire drivers, that's why I suggested using a mac.

Yeah, right after I posted my comment about the camcorder, i went online and looked it up, and in another forum someone said that they used the i.Link connection with Vista and it worked like a charm (I only spent $8 on it on eBay, so it's a cheap test path to take).  Thanks for the advice either way.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I hope this turns out to be worth it since Vista isn't worth the upgrade for me right now.

I guess we'll see as time goes on.

Bitmap Frogs said:
disolitude said:

Cherry picker.

edit: that avatar sounds familiar, aren't you the guy that got owned in a few mac vs pc threads a few months ago? Hah!

Depends what your definition of owned was. Being ganged up on by 30 mac fanatics while no one that owns a PC cared to comment would appear one got "owned".

The thread was about Macs costing the same as PC's...and you "owned" me in showing one study that a site did that shows that a high end mac cost about the same as a high end PC on the beginning of the product cycle. So if the time is right, and sky is clear your mac with similar specs may cost the same as my pc.

You wisely avoided low end macs however for your every day user.

Around the Network

the real kicker for me is will games with directx 10 or 10b or 11 run better then directx 9c ????? like will crysis get a boost with everything maxed out?

Obviously they look better with the later version of directx but with a performance drop.

tried vista went back to xp no upgrade is worth all those headaches.

Bitmap Frogs said:
disolitude said:

Cherry picker.

So were are all the mac benchmarks in gaming were games run better and faster on a mac???? if they did maybe I might get one.

http://www.barefeats.com/mac2pc.html

granted its old find something newer?

Daddo Splat said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
disolitude said:

Cherry picker.

So were are all the mac benchmarks in gaming were games run better and faster on a mac???? if they did maybe I might get one.

You stealth edited!

This is very off-topic, might want a start a new thread...

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

disolitude said:

Depends what your definition of owned was. Being ganged up on by 30 mac fanatics while no one that owns a PC cared to comment would appear one got "owned".

The thread was about Macs costing the same as PC's...and you "owned" me in showing one study that a site did that shows that a high end mac cost about the same as a high end PC on the beginning of the product cycle. So if the time is right, and sky is clear your mac with similar specs may cost the same as my pc.

You wisely avoided low end macs however for your every day user.

So you are still sore about it, huh? Guess what, no one owning a PC cared to comment because you were wrong. I'm not going to revisit the whole discussion because well, we already had a several-pages long thread about it anyone caring about it can revisit it.

I do find funny however you are still hurt enough about it to perform a poor drive-by jab at me. And you got owned again, since you are now totally ignoring the subject of your jab in this thread and rather insist on revisiting the points talked about in that thread. Poor you.

By the way, in the months passed since you were last steamrolled anandtech (a long-lasting pc site) performed an all-in-one comparison and guess what, the iMac came out winner. You know, the kind of computer aimed at the every day user.