By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 faster than Vista, leaps XP in single bound

Electro General said:
Valkyria00 said:
Insane how Vista for some runs great and others is just a piece of shit.

W7 last time I checked is scheduled for a 2010/2011 release and I wont be able to afford another PC tell then most likely so Im good and I'll just wait for it.

I just freeload of my brothers Vista laptop anyways. Which runs decent but not great.=/

People should still be excited for W7 I mean from all Ive read people hardly have any issues with it. Fixes everythign people bitched about Vista and a bit more. Upgrading OS is pretty dumb imo too. Just buy an whole new PC or rebuild current with new parts.

Its 2009 release, probably July.

M$ said a while back its 2010.. where have you been

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Electro General said:
Valkyria00 said:

W7 last time I checked is scheduled for a 2010/2011 release and I wont be able to afford another PC tell then most likely so Im good and I'll just wait for it.

I just freeload of my brothers Vista laptop anyways. Which runs decent but not great.=/

People should still be excited for W7 I mean from all Ive read people hardly have any issues with it. Fixes everythign people bitched about Vista and a bit more. Upgrading OS is pretty dumb imo too. Just buy an whole new PC or rebuild current with new parts.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/152638/windows.html?tk=rss_news

And most analysts agree that M$ will likely get it out the door before the end of 2009, if not by mid-year.

Then agaijn what do I know. Its not like I'm the one claiming that the Vista betas were faster than the shipped product...

Electro General said:
ssj12 said:
Electro General said:
Valkyria00 said:

And most analysts agree that M$ will likely get it out the door before the end of 2009, if not by mid-year.

Then agaijn what do I know. Its not like I'm the one claiming that the Vista betas were faster than the shipped product...

they were.. they were not loaded with all the Windows Defender, Firewall, and other crap that slows down the OS.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

There's no way they'll get it out mid 2009
After the Vista reputation of getting pushed out the door quickly they'll want to get it as good as possible before releasing it. Rushing it means they don't give developers enough time to get their programs and drivers ready for it.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

ssj12 said:
Electro General said:
ssj12 said:
Electro General said:
Valkyria00 said:

they were.. they were not loaded with all the Windows Defender, Firewall, and other crap that slows down the OS.

Uhh, no they weren't.

I was in the beta program and I remember the painful startup times, programs crashing constantly and unbelievable memory usage. The final version was by no means perfect, but it was tangibally faster. After ages SP1 fixed most ofthe remaining issues.

Infamy79 said:

There's no way they'll get it out mid 2009
After the Vista reputation of getting pushed out the door quickly they'll want to get it as good as possible before releasing it. Rushing it means they don't give developers enough time to get their programs and drivers ready for it.

Vista was in public beta around June. 7 is in public beta in Janurary. Vista had 2 public betas, 7 is only meant to have one.

Vista was a significant change from XP. 7 is meant to be an optimized version of Vista that already works with virtually every vista/xp driver and program. Infact it restores some features vista removed.

Vista was a debacle that MS hopes to get rid of ASAP.

I'm pretty sure it will be out by November, hopefully by July. This beta is far more stable than any of the Vista betas, and arguably on the same level as the Vista RC1,

Around the Network

microsoft = fail

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

windows defender did a better job at removing vundo on my PC better than programs like hijack and spybot..so I woudnt term it bloatware.. but I can see why people dislike vista.. XP was so freaking sweet.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I'am running Windows 7 beta 1 hell yes it faster than XP, Vista, Vista used Like 800MB of ram just to run the OS, win 7 used Like 350MB of ram just to run the OS and it boot up faster OS just 7GB HDD comparing Vista 15GB HDD (i just don't like WMP 12 in win 7 but is a beta)

Yep, rumor has it that they are going to have it to OEMs for the holiday season.

Infamy79 said:

It's not me personally that's had the trouble but another senior engineer at our company. It's running on Vista x64 and it appears that the CS4 64bit has issues, but if you run the 32bit version on the 64bit OS then it seems to be ok. I may be wrong though as I've only heard about the issues when he's tearing his hair out. It also doesn't seem to like redirected My Documents either but I don't think that's CS4 specific just an Adobe thing, and an AutoDesk thing too.

I think the main reason that so many of these industries stay Mac focused is because that's what they all learn on when they take classes.

So it is CS4 64bit being borked. Good to know, thanks =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).