By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA numbers are up!

Looks like 5 straight 1M+ weeks for the Wii.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
so these new numbers are '08s final?

no, december has 31 days. so 4 more days of sales left.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Wii is lower than i expected, I think alot of shelves were empty by the 20th Dec.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

taomaster06 said:
Snesboy said:
so these new numbers are '08s final?

no, december has 31 days. so 4 more days of sales left.

sweet.

c'mon 60 million Wii's in 08!

I was expecting numbers to rize not to go down ....

Around the Network

Market share for this week in NA :

Wii = 56,2%
X360 = 29,8%
PS3 = 14%

hey LOOK, only a 25% drop for the Wii and other consoles.... cant say I did not call that. : )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

One_touch_KO said:

the exta week before christmas does not seem to have spurred sales as much as we might have though. though going into stores the las two weeks before christmas and the lower trffic flow should have showed me this before the posting. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

All things considered the PS3 did not have a horrible Holiday season, even if it did get destroyed by the 360 and Wii, Sony should be happy with the results but not satisfied with them.

One_touch_KO said:

and why is that?

Also, I think SW will fall even less, the day after cmas is a HUGE SW day, but only great for HW.

Basically people get their Wii, or PS3 or 360 on CMAS, get 1 or 2 games, but then are so pumped about their new system they use all their gift cards to buy games...

If they there was ONLY a 25% drop in HW, then we might be looking at only a 15% drop in SW, but that is just my reasoning (but it is has been accurate as of late, I was calling for only a 20-30% drop this week in HW, while others were expecting a 50% drop)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut