By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA numbers are up!

FilaBrasileiro said:
All things considered the PS3 did not have a horrible Holiday season, even if it did get destroyed by the 360 and Wii, Sony should be happy with the results but not satisfied with them.

Happy but not satisfied? How could you be happy if you're not satisfied?

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
All things considered the PS3 did not have a horrible Holiday season, even if it did get destroyed by the 360 and Wii, Sony should be happy with the results but not satisfied with them.

Sony's sales are fine, but you Just have to look at them alone as they are.... next to MS and Nins they look rather paltry.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

193k last minute shopping week before christmas, ok.... how weird anyways great numbers for the wii and xbox360

drudaddy said:
193k last minute shopping week before christmas, ok.... how weird anyways great numbers for the wii and xbox360

I cant explain why so many people got 360s last minute (you would think they would have gotten one sooner)

But the Wii is easy, it was sold out so many people could not find one earlier. Around me at least there were huge Wii shipments the Week of CMAS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

FilaBrasileiro said:

Eh, I don't think so a drop like they had in Nov is certainly not a good for a key holiday month and suspect the numbers for the month as for the US will be off unless they are adjusted. As of right now it's on track to at least hit last years Dec NPD according to VGC, but that looks to be quite unlikely at this point. YoY sales down in the key holiday months is never a good thing.

Around the Network

PS3 is still selling well, despite the nay sayers

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

To answer the question about falling sales this week...

If you take a look at the H.Y.P.E. thread, you'll notice that for this week last year (week 9), sales actually dropped a lot more drastically. Even without Others sales in, Wii and 360 have already beaten their YoY hurdles this week, and PS3 looks like it will be seeing another Green week as well.

So another great week for those game playing doohickies.

EDIT: And with Others in, PS3 sees another Green week! A great way to start off a new year at VGC eh?

go 360 ... but am afraid that the ps3 will start to reach or maybe overtake the 360 after the release of Killzone 2

People start to have resting or traveling more than shopping this week ,that's why sales dropped imo.

bigjon said:
hey LOOK, only a 25% drop for the Wii and other consoles.... cant say I did not call that. : )

OMG did we call that badly haha.  But when you apply logic and reason to predictions, usually they turn out correct.  Good job dude.