By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is supposed to be a gaming revolution? Oh dear..

You people are pathetic. At least, the people that are spazzing out (fanboys) that the OP has an actual opinion.

Let me get this straight: In order to believe this guy has a Wii, he has to post a picture of himself holding a sign that says "VGChartz" and the Wii right next to him with said games. We have to go to such lengths to believe this guy?

Flame away or ban me because I expressed my opinion, see if I care.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

Around the Network

@Nets535: I see no reason to ban you but you are kinda guilty of the same thing, sticking your head in the door, listening for 2 seconds and without having idea whats really going on and offer your two cents worth.

He plugged in his Wii, thinking he knew what it and the games were about, played for a little bit and then offered his two cents worth.

There is a possibility that his opinion or your opinion may be reasonable but the fact that you clearly haven't read most of this thread or it's unlikely he's played all of those games properly in such a short time frame, you haven't given anybody any reason to attend to or attach any credibility to your statements.

hey i can post a pic of my ps3 and a bunch of new games i buy for it too. That doesn't mean he has played them long.

HOW MANY of you sony fanboys were super pissed and bitchy at that gamedaily review giving killzone 2 and 8/10 and all bitching about it being a review based on the preview or something.

This is the same damn thing, why should someone come in, a total troll post its so obvious and rating the games as being all like 3/10 and having fully played the games.

That is bullshit, even the worst games in this generation, like lair or something i'm sure if i played through the whole thing would find it somewhat enjoyable. obviously he is not gonna like smash if he has no friends and the online is piss poor. He DIDN'T play very far in zelda at all. Metoid is a like or hate, and so is zak and wiki.

the main point is, if IGN came and gave out reviews for all these said games in a matter of a week (the same reviewer doing them all) it would be a bullshit review and rushed. These are long games.

vonboy said:
also, if you think wii's graphics are shit, can you actually play ps and ps2 games now without your eyes bleeding?

Uhm, PS2 isn't next gen, nor is PS1. Rethink that buddy.

BengaBenga said:

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not like you.
I'm glad I can enjoy my Wii, DS and 360. Nice graphics are a nice plus, but I take a Zelda game over any other, even if it went back to a SNES design. A great game is a great game. I actually play DS most of all 3.

I can't argue with your opinion, but if you can't enjoy Zelda or Metroid I'm seriously doubting your taste. These would be outstanding titles on any platform.

I always feel sad for people that care about graphics so much, it seriously hurts the amount of great games you can play. Cause I automatically take it you can't enjoy PS2 games anymore, let alone the DS or PS1. That's really sad, especially considering the libraries of those...

All I've said regarding graphics is that the Wii is a lot worse than the HD consoles. That's the truth. It's certainly not unplayably bad and I'm not as much of a graphics whore as some people, but I will be taking it into consideration when Wii games cost roughly the same amount as HD games over here. Anyone that pretends they don't care about graphics when they are about to spend £40 on a new game is a liar.

Around the Network

I fail to see why all of a sudden you're so sure of yourself that I have not read most of this thread. What really got to me was that Shanobi wants to see a picture of him holding a sign that says "VGChartz" and said games with it. No, this thread is not all about the doubts of him having a Wii, but that little bit just got to me.

Let me just give you this bit of information: I've read plenty in this garbage thread. At least, that's what it has turned into, just like the other hundreds of threads fanboys spazz over. And I'm certainly not going to stay silent about what has happened here.

The information you've presented me with is nothing new. I know what's going on. No, I have not read all of the replys (I shouldn't have to), but I get the idea.

I don't expect people to latch onto my statement, you're definitely right about that one. But maybe, just maybe I can let someone think for thirty seconds or to a minute at most about how ridiculous this has become. To me, that would be success. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quiet Storm = Best Gatorade flavor EVER.

BengaBenga said:

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not like you.
I'm glad I can enjoy my Wii, DS and 360. Nice graphics are a nice plus, but I take a Zelda game over any other, even if it went back to a SNES design. A great game is a great game. I actually play DS most of all 3.

I can't argue with your opinion, but if you can't enjoy Zelda or Metroid I'm seriously doubting your taste. These would be outstanding titles on any platform.

I always feel sad for people that care about graphics so much, it seriously hurts the amount of great games you can play. Cause I automatically take it you can't enjoy PS2 games anymore, let alone the DS or PS1. That's really sad, especially considering the libraries of those...

This. If you are into shooters and bleeding edge graphics why do you have an HD console at all? Do yourself a favor and go buy yourself a PC and kock yourself out with all the Half-Life clones.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Lol @ thread and rabid posters. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'll use this thread as proof that game reviews can't tell you whether you'll like a game through the score alone. I take the opposite approach that the OP does. Instead of only looking at review scores, I only read the wordy part of the review. I don't even think reviews should have numbers.

That being said, he totally doesn't get Smash Bros.. The whole point of the game is to be an accessible fighter. All the fighters use the same button combinations so that a beginner can switch between characters without being at a disadvantage. The game is not a hardcore fighter (particularly Brawl) it's primarily a party fighter.

Read the reviews, don't just look at review scores.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Well i have all three consoles, and i can't agree with you so your opinion means nothing to me. Good day

p.s Those games you listed being better than Zelda, are certainly not, its true because i say so :)

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"